It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Lebowski- 911 connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I was watching The Big Lebowski with a friend of mine the other night and I was blown away by the beginning. I had seen it at least half a dozen times before and I always focused on the hilarity of a slacker hippie buying a quart of half and half with a check(after tasting it first I might add) to notice the rest. Above him we hear then President Bush talking about Saddam and "this aggression will not stand" while the slacker hippie dates his check September 11......

Sure, there is a September 11 every year. But it still freaked me out just a little. If you look at any innocent thing hard enough and long enough you can find something "wrong" with it. It made me a little sad to notice something like that in something that has given me so much happiness....but then I guess Jeff Bridges said it best......"the dude abides."

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I doubt the "brothers" had any advance knowledge.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
hey SO...

that WAS your avatar...

don't you miss it???

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I am sure that Joel and Ethan didn't and I avoided naming them for fear of inciting some sort of backlash if you know what I mean. Now if the terrorists were Swedes from Minnesota I would be more suspicious. Wait, where was that flight school?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Does this mean that Goodman was involved too?

Do you see what happens, Larry? Do you see what happens when you ****a stranger in the @ss!

The Stranger: The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals.

Sorry, this topic shouldn't be joked about, but, c'mon now...

top topics

join