It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can somebody tell me what that thing was?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hi,
Please bear with me, I'm fairly new on here. Something really strange happened the other night. It was a quiet night in the town I live in in Ohio. I was sitting on the sofa in front of a window, heard this buzzing noise like a mosquito sprayer or perhaps a street cleaner...except it was 11:30 p.m., and unlikely......so i called my 11 year-old son, who is just as curious about things as I am...he agreed to walk around the block and see what it was. He ran back home with a look of horror and much concern on his face....there, in the CVS pharmacy/drugstore that sits in front of our home, right there in the parking lot was a huge armored vehicle, ALL black, NO license plates, whatsover, NO words, markings on it, BARS on the black tinted windows.....the most disturbing part, however, what the MACHINE GUNS on the sides of the vehicle!!! It also had this weird-looking thing at the top of the vehicle....maybe sonar, weapondry?????? My son is young, but homeschooled and very bright, plus a talented artist...he drew the picture of what he saw when he returned...he is a valid and accountable witness....what's even wierder is that while we were talking about it, it just seemed to disappear....although I did hear a faint "beep beep" noise like a vehicle turning around...but we never heard it start again.... just as my son peeked around the corner at it, the engine (the LOUD buzzing noise) stopped. He said as he looked around the corner they cut the engine...either by coincidence or that he saw them.???? It was gone before we knew it, and I noticed that there was NO POWER in the CVS parking lot after that vehicle left.....it was pitch dark over there....like that thing sucked the power out, or something....none of the lights usually on...
does anybody know of a military govn't vehicle that might fit this description? Lima , Ohio is a small town, not much happeneing here...but for a moment there, I thought the Russians were invading!!!!!
Glad to hear any feedback,
thanks,
krissy

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Lima, Ohio. I have heard this name before.

Most likely you have some kind of military or government type base nearby. Or something, I forget what I read. Maybe it was even posted by you before.

Try searching the forums. Maybe look int he Military/Government Facilities section.

Looks like Search doesnt work. Try pm'ing a moderator to see if they can fix it.

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Obfuscate]

JAK

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Searched for Lima, Ohio

And found this

Military & Government Facilities » Concentration Camps On U.S. Soil
OHIO
Lima - FEMA detention facility. Another facility located in/near old stone quarry near Interstate 75. Railroad access to property, fences etc.

Jack

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Sounds like you saw one of the Men In Black[MIB]vehicles.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Very interesting story! I would like to see the drawing your son made. Is there any way you can scan it and post in in this thread?

What purpose would a military vehicle have at CVS?
Are you sure it wasn't an armored bank truck like those fargo trucks?

[edit on 11-4-2005 by Termite197]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is an interesting story. Please post the diagram. I also live in Ohio, near Akron. I have never seen any trucks like that. Did you go to the CVS and ask about the truck, or power outage? Was it just the CSV that was blacked out, or other nearby buildings?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
some pfc was driving a military vehicle from point a to point b, and stopped in at cvs to get some snacks.

or MIB

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hi all,
thank you for your replies....I will try to answer each reply.
First of all, CVS was closed, it was 11:30 p.m, they close at 9.
Okay, now, there is an old stone quarry nearby, but it's closed...
and empty.....it's accessible, though...kids play there..nothing
military.
But there is the Lima Tank Plant about ten miles north of here...
but they take the tanks and load them on railroad cars...seen it before,
as far as I know , though, they make nothing but tanks...they are a big employer here. Plus this vehicle wasn't a tank at all.
I wish I could scan the pic (my son drew it), but I can't; I just packed away my 3-1 scanner, moving out of the state, plus the thing doesn't work right , anyway...I'll describe it more, though...it was about wide as a Hummer, he said long as a box train car...it wasn't a Fargo truck- CVS was closed, anyway...It had bars on the dark tinted windows.....ran very loud....loud buzzing hum, like a mosquito sprayer....loud.....machine guns on each side of the truck....lights were off.....no lights at all on it.....
also, the power outage was only in the CVS parking lot....the light behind the CVS alley was on, however. The next day, I told an employee I reguarly speak to about it...she laughed at me, said that it was probably CVS security...since when do they need an armored , machine-gunned vehicle for that? I asked if she would review the survellance tape- I know they have cams all over that place...she didn't reply...just blew me off....I think she thought I was exaggerating, or something....although the customers behind me were interested to hear more.....
okay, maybe with that info somebody can tell me more......this is crazy...I want to know what that was! My son doesn't scare easy, but he sure did that night.....
thanks,
Krissy oh, I should add that the nearest military base is in Dayton, Ohio, about two hours south of here.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You have a kinko's nearby? Some other imaging processing place? If so, get them to scan it and put it on a cd or something. It shouldn't cost you that much.

Forgive me if I sound harsh but there are a lot of stories on this board that are along the same lines as yours, ie, aliens or strange military stuff, etc. So without some kind of visual evidence I like to err on the side of skepticism.

NMS

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Good grief! CVS huh? I totally beleive it. This is probably some kind of exercise.
I doubt if they were dropping off the Oxy's.

This is scary.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by krissybkit was about wide as a Hummer, he said long as a box train car...

Just to rule this out, do you have any limosine services in the area? They are making them out of Humvee's now. An all black Humvee limo, would look strange to a kid.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Buy a camera!!! This would've been an incredible pic.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Was it like this:

Did it disappear into thin air?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
great story

that photo of the APC is what i envisioned when i read the story
i pictured that exact vehicle in my mind
when someone describes a APC ; i think of one of those

but remember the guy said it had NO MARKINGS on it !
that means it was NOT local police or even state police for that matter

my opinion?
the military
why were they at CVS?
no clue
why were the lights out?
no clue

Go and GET that Survailance video!!!
at least convince them to show it to you or give you a copy

hell , bribe the store clerk for it (*or the manager preferably)

if you dont have any $
im sure we could all pitch in a few bucks

im sure you could bribe that video for under 50$
lol

i wanna see it too!

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
but remember the guy said it had NO MARKINGS on it !
that means it was NOT local police or even state police for that matter

Don't take everything SO LITERALLY! If there is a tank production then maybe some research analyst wanted to go for a spin and live life on the wild side. GET A GRIP!

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
lmao

get a grip on what?
your neck

lol
just jokin

but um; do tank production facilitys produce Armoured Personel Carriers (APCs)?

and um; do massive Military Industrial Complexes allow silly workers to take their APC's for a spin in the local town at midnight
um
No

your taking me too literally

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hi again,
I don't think anybody even exited the vehicle, let alone go inside the CVS.
Also, I didn't take a pic because when my son went to see what it was, we assumed it was a mosquito sprayer or street cleaner- that is exactly what it sounded like- so we weren't expecting to need a cam! you can bet that if I hear that noise again- I will grab my cam. By the time my son ran back and told me what he saw, and I got up to go see myself, it was gone, anyway... Also, my son said, "yes", it does look like that pic....except it had no words on it, plus the machine guns were on it.
There is a small limo place up the road, but it only has a few regular limos, and this wasn't one of those big hummer limos, we've seen those before.
There is no kinko's around here, Lima is very small.....plus the drawing my son made can only reveal so much.....he is 11. lol
I'm not going to ask the CVS staff about it again, as I said before, they laughed at me. The only thing I can fatham is this one some sort of military vehicle that was lost- we live down the road from the big interstate- I-75, maybe they pulled off the interstate for some reason....
who knows...if we spot it again, I'll be sure to have camera in hand, and get a few neighbors as witnesses, but I wouldn't count on it.....(seeing it again)
Krissy

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Very interesting post. I am yet to see anything like this for real but would find it amazing if I did actually come across such a thing.

Maybe they were on training, but surely to use that type of vehicle there must have been some reason behind it?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I somewhat had the opportunity to buy a stripped-down road worthy version of it a few years ago. Oooh, I was tempted to get it, paint it yellows with smiley faces and such. A bit more than I wanted to spend and only 10 miles to the gallon WITHOUT the 1 1/2 inch lead armor plating. I'm glad I didn't. I'd really be suffering with the price of gas now. I did also see a huge WWII German APC come to a mini-mall to pull out a Jeep Cherokee that decided to take on a challenging snowbank. No guns on it though but was very intimidating. I think it was called a Mog, Moag, Moog or something. It looked kinda like this but all jacked up and hard topped:

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. Are there and skunk-works type stuff for the Army with APC's and such? That would be my bet. I'm going to look into this concentration camp stuff listed here too...

[edit on 15-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Perhaps you have seen he new Batmobile???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join