It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: Kerry: Trickery Kept Voters From Polls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
In a speech before a League of Women Voters event, former presidential candidate John Kerry stated that a pattern of trickery and intimidation effected the vote. Many voters were denied access to the poll according to the Democratic Senator. Kerry cited examples such as leaflets giving the wrong date to vote. In addition supporters have pointed to long lines and a shortage of voting machines in areas where Democrats were concentrated. A suit brought before the Ohio Supreme court challenging the vote totals has been dismissed.

news.yahoo.com
BOSTON - Many voters in last year's presidential election were denied access to the polls through trickery and intimidation, former Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry told a voters' group Sunday.

Last year too many people were denied their right to vote, too many who tried to vote were intimidated," the Massachusetts senator said at an event sponsored by the state League of Women Voters.

"There is no magic wand. No one person is going to stand up and suddenly say it's going to change tomorrow. You have to do that," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Despite repeated investigations and lawsuits, a huge conspiracy to deny people the right to vote has turned up. So why exactly is Kerry beating this horse at every opportunity. The Republicans with their kowtowing to the religious extremist movement have all but gift-wrapped the 2008 elections if they keep towing that agenda. Why waste you time with this as it cannot effect the outcome? The better tactic in my opinion is to go after the 'appease the religious groups" judicial nominees, the Delay fiasco, et al and build your campaign on this. Instead we have a bemoaning of vote counting, living in the past, and attempts to make the party more palatable to the right wing (removing the abortion plank). I wonder what the excuses will be in 2008 when the Democrats loose again? More vote fraud?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The only proven fraud in the 2004 was perpetrated by Democrats against Republicans. The fact is Kerry is such whiner and so enamored with himself, he can't imagine that he was beaten fair and square and a big part of it was he is so unlikeable and devoid of passion. But I do hope the Dems keep going along this course of blaming everyone but themselves for losses since it will help the Republican party.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It didn't realy matter who would have won the Election anyway... both kerry and Bush would have been under the same umbrella of the powers to be...

A good clue is the fact that Kerry and Bush are related by blood...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
They're ninth cousins, twice removed.

Hardly what I would call anything that signifcant, but what they hey Kerry will use what ever he can

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Since when, related by blood?

The modern day "JFK" seems just a little less co-operative with his Skull & Bones comrade "Codename Temporary".

Ruffled feathers.

But at least it takes the scent off the gross real fraud and manipulation of tallies. What a red herring.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by DJohnsto77

The only proven fraud in the 2004 was perpetrated by Democrats against Republicans. The fact is Kerry is such whiner and so enamored with himself, he can't imagine that he was beaten fair and square and a big part of it was he is so unlikeable and devoid of passion. But I do hope the Dems keep going along this course of blaming everyone but themselves for losses since it will help the Republican party.

Ooooh! Thanks for clearing that up for me. I've had such a hard time figuring out what constitutes the burden of proof lately that I've forgotton that the Democrats are the only ones that play dirty. I'll keep it in mind for the next election. Thanks again!
-S

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

asposted by MaskedAvatar
Ruffled feathers.

Pretty much appears that way.

What a red herring.

Agreed.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow... it seems that from an historical standpoint republicans and democrats have really switched places... I think they should combine forces and allow smaller parties to gain power... does that sound like a bad idea?

Anyone who is a Democrebublican wouldn't beable to say "all democrats ____," or "all republicans _____".

If no one was influenced by politicians and they just heard the facts about issues straight from the source I wonder how different our opinions would be? The country is so polarized that I REFUSE to believe that most people know what they're talking about.

I have a question: supposing there WAS voting fraud on befalf of the republicans... how would you know the difference from the current complaint? What about voting fraud on behalf of the Democrats?

Do we even really HAVE to have a president?
-S

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
voting fraud is a very sad topic. I wish there was someway to ensure that there was no voting fraud, but unfortunatly there is not.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
MaskedAvatar:

Check these links:

www.ishipress.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

would you believe that guy from the playboy mantion is also related to bush and Kerry...

[edit on 10-4-2005 by mwen]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The dude needs to quit bitching about the past and start thinking about the next election. Hopefully this time he could win rightfully.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
What a crock, like the Republicans keep moving the Election Day around to confuse Democrats.
Or the TV and radio stations are broadcasting in "Republicese" one voting day and a different one in "Democratese".

Election Day has remained the same for quite a long time - the first Tuesday in November. If democrats can't remember that then I don't want them voting anyway. And if democrats don't listen to news and keep informed of daily events (such as VOTING TODAY), then who cares.

Kerry lost fair and square. I've been aware of voting scams for better than 15 years and I think this has been the cleanest election since the 60's.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
"I've been aware of voting scams for better than 15 years and I think this has been the cleanest election since the 60's."

That would leave a gap of 22+ years in your personal encyclopaedia of voting scams.

2004 was cleaner than 2000 if you measure Court corruption at the State level as more hygienic than US Supreme Court corruption. However, the increased lack of transparency in voting and tallying by the widespread adoption of unauditable remotely tamperable voting machines is the most unclean set of developments of all time.

To relieve constipation caused by endless ingestion of fraud, add a dietary supplement of www.blackboxvoting.org to the "Our side won, your side lost" sugar pills to bring better fiber into the diet.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
That would leave a gap of 22+ years in your personal encyclopaedia of voting scams. (I tried to quote you but it didn't work)

I don't know exactly what you mean by that.

Yes, 2000 was almost a comedy of voting fraud. And so many other years were also.

I've read about the 2004 machines that counted 2 votes for the opposite party. I've read about machines that didn't count the first 1,000 votes. But these were in small districts and the total error would not change the totals in any state. But these were really nothing compared to past years.

If you want to have fun, read the voter fraud in the 70's and 80's. Here you have 100,000's dead people voting.

Of course I have no confidence in computer voting when we are not allowed to review the software that does the counting. But computers did not bring along the beginning of voter fraud. It's been here and working effectively without computers.

Besides, why do you think the US wants to monitor so many other country's voting? Criminals are always skeptical of other criminals. And why do you think the US govt is so much against anyone monitoring our elections?

The real point is the election doesn't matter. The New World Order sends in the 2 candidates and they don't care which one wins. Why do you think so much fun is poked at 3rd party candidates? Why is it, with every election and so many possible candidates, we are wondering which of the 2 evils to vote for rather than 2 great candidates???

Its time to quit worrying about voter fraud and wonder why we can't get a great leader to run for president.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The first step to stopping voter fraud is to get rid of "voting precincts" and "congressional districts". County/Parish Lines should serve well as districts.

The voting precincts is the beginning of all voter fraud. Congressional Districts adds to it.

[edit on 4/11/05 by Qwas]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Yes, republicans never cheat, except for the times they do, like every time...... Like the past 7 elections where they went around poor neighborhoods handing out pamplets saying election day was on wednsday, or when they tell blacks in the south if they try to vote they will will be killed, or when they block people from voting for bull# reasons...... But other then that.

What reasons you may ask? Well, the main one is "Well, a black guy named Sam Nomba is a felon, your name is Mike Melon, but you are black and so is he so you can't vote." or "Well, this guy Charles Manson killed people, and your name is Devin Belcik, so you can't vote."

Edit Hey, it says my contribute is 2, but I have at least 15 upgrades, do the ones before the new system not count?

[edit on 11-4-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ignore this user (info)
ignore

Vote for this user (info)
way above

posted on 4/10/05 at 07:09 PM

Yes, republicans never cheat, except for the times they do, like every time...... Like the past 7 elections where they went around poor neighborhoods handing out pamplets saying election day was on wednsday, or when they tell blacks in the south if they try to vote they will will be killed, or when they block people from voting for reasons...... But other then that.

What reasons you may ask? Well, the main one is "Well, a black guy named Sam Nomba is a felon, your name is Mike Melon, but you are black and so is he so you can't vote." or "Well, this guy Charles Manson killed people, and your name is Devin Belcik, so you can't vote."

QUOTING IS STILL NOT WORKING!!!

So are you saying these people don't have TV or radios? I can't imagine anyone living through election day without knowing it.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
It's not just that, it's the death threats and the racism that keeps them from voting. Over 10,000 people were given death threats in Georgia alone. Not to mention the bull# "Well, this felon is 21 years old, named Mike Schiavo, white, a midget, has three eyes, bald, while you are black, female, Mary Linnis, 5'11. and 2 eyes, so you can't vote. Oh, hi Mr. Convicted Rapist/Murderer, you registered republican? Come on in!"

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well I live in South Georgia and I don't agree. I don't have any facts to back me up but I really don't believe that has happened. You might be right but I can't find any local papers to prove your point.

Georgia has always been a very Democratic voting state but learned through Bill Clinton that democrats are not for the people, and especially poor people, like they state. Bill Clinton was from the south (Arkansas) but did nothing to uphold the Democrat's party lines. So the South lost faith in the Democrats. It's as simple as that.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwas
Well I live in South Georgia and I don't agree. I don't have any facts to back me up but I really don't believe that has happened. You might be right but I can't find any local papers to prove your point.

Georgia has always been a very Democratic voting state but learned through Bill Clinton that democrats are not for the people, and especially poor people, like they state. Bill Clinton was from the south (Arkansas) but did nothing to uphold the Democrat's party lines. So the South lost faith in the Democrats. It's as simple as that.

Well, I live in Southern California and I DO agree. I think there are plenty of people who are, for lack of a better word, stupid. Stupid enough to be duped into believing election day is on some other day than the first Tuesday of November. I didn't know until I heard it on the news the first year I was allowed to vote. I happened to be 18 that year but some people who were voting for the first time were 21.

No, I think many people don't watch or listen to the news. Now while I've often thought that if there is an age restriction on voting, there should be an IQ restriction for voting (or at least you have to pass some kind of test on the election) that would invalidate millions of people's votes. I guess it's fascism... but I mean look around. Look at what we're duped into accepting already. The "Patriot" Act? Gimme a break! What's patriotic about taking a red marker to the Bill of Rights?

Further, I think the mob mentality goes a long way. If someone drops you a pamphlet that says "don't forget to vote on Wednesday" and then someone comes to your door asking who you're voting for on Wednesday, and then your neighbor tells you "Boy, come Wednesday Bush is gonna be GONE!" then, if one is spacey enough, they may just be duped.

However! Even if people were duped into thinking they need to vote on Wednesday, I don't think it could be called "fraud". No one actually did anything to the actual votes. Sure it's fighting dirty but when it boils down to it, those people COULD have voted on the right day but didn't.

I don't think any sore loser could make a legal claim that the election was rigged without any evidence, but I don't think that telling people to vote on the wrong day could be considered fraud.

Remember that we are all lead by the media. If the mainstream doesn't cover it, it didn't happen. If this story got more coverage, I'm sure that the complaint would have gone further up the legal chain of command. There would be public outcry, wouldn't there? Take Terri Schiavo...
-S

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join