It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'That's No Camel, That's My Baggage!'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

SYDNEY (Reuters) - A baggage handler wearing a camel suit taken from a passenger's luggage has left Qantas Airways red-faced, with Australia's national carrier investigating a potentially embarrassing security lapse.

Passenger David Cox complained after he saw a baggage handler driven across the Sydney airport tarmac Wednesday wearing the camel suit that had been packed into the baggage he had checked in only minutes earlier.

Cox, a marketing manager, had checked the camel suit and a crocodile costume onto Qantas flight 425 from Sydney to Melbourne in a large bag which had been marked to say it was carrying animal costumes.

'That's No Camel, That's My Baggage!'

Wow what does this say about airport security? No wonder why it takes hours to get my luggage back

D

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yeah its a bit worrying, though when I first heard about it I found it a bit funny thinking of the baggage guy riding around with a camel head on. The camel head eventually made it safely to its destination. There was a picture in the newspaper of the camel costume being worn at a sporting match. I'll try to scan it.

new topics

join