It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help me......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 02:42 AM
link   
no this isn't just another dumbass when is the world going to end? i've got a problem!

as some of you know, i recently relocated to heidelburg germany. i hate it so far. i've met a few people, most of the kids are dicks, and no one has any respect for each other. (not that big of a change from home) anyway, my parents are divoreced and i'm living with my mom and yonuger brother, but i could go live with my dad in tennessee. my mom and i get into it a lot, it's a lot of things. however, the only reason i lasted this long, one, is because i got a friend movin out here next year i could go live with but i think i'll go crazy if i have to wait that long. on the other hand, the school is good, DoD have nice schools. but i am really tempted to go back to the states, i've got my family, and a few friends that i'm not likely to remember, back home. i'd like to see europe, but i can do that another time. i'm not one of those people who sits around. i want to be in a good place for college. i want to go to UT, knoxville, best college football team around lol, and if i go to my dads, i'll have a job there near the campus, we live south of knoxville in maryville, little country town. and i would know the place.

what do you all think i should do? i aint got much people to talk to it about seeing as i dunno anyone and can't talk to any of my friends from my old house, aint got aim or a telephone yet. HELP ME!!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
i'm comin back. i'll see yall in the states within the month. peace.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
i'm comin back. i'll see yall in the states within the month. peace.

Dude u must have a spirit to stand difficult situations, that�s how life teaches u, i understand the situation of being out of home is "eating u" but u must do a sacrifice if u want to get something, i mean with your age u have a chance to become a person with wisdom, visit countries around here, see people, look how the revolution is becoming a fact, talk to people, analyze the situation in different countries, check how the cabal is experimenting, and don�t forget that time is the only thing we don�t have...
I strongly recommend you to get force of will, and analyze the Pro�s of being cosmopolitan or go back where u lived already 17 years...
Up to u mate, just think it deep, because those decisions are gonna change your future, believe me, u know it better than me...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Well...looks like ya made up ya mind on that one

Just go for it man...totally believe we tend to find ourselves where we need to be at any given time...so just keep the faith and see where your journey takes you.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Its a tough call PC for anyone one of us who is not in your shoes. my thought is this...

Imagine that you are you in 10 years time, 10 years in the future looking back over the last 10 years of your life. What would you wish you had really done?

Also there is not only your actions but how would they impact on your mom, and your brother? Won't they miss you and need you? You have a reponsibility to them as well.

It takes at least 6 months to settle into a new country and to settle into a new situation. How long have you been there now? You could be suffering from culture shock, and wishing for the familiarity of the things back home. But it will get better as you get more settled in. Giving it 6 months before you decide would be a mature action.

Just some thoughts to bat around

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I will tell you what mom told me when I went to school in CA. and I didnt want to stay there.
"Son this is always your home, your always welcome. If you want to come back , come on then, but if you do you will have to accept the fact that you will never really know if you could have made it or not"

I was on the next plane. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Sorry to read that you're having a hard time of it at the moment PC.
I've lived and worked in about 10 different countries and it is always hard to begin with.My advice is to not make any snap decisions.Wait a couple of months before looking at the situation again.
People are basically the same all over the world.Any differences are only superficial.It is the superficial cultural differences that make us all so interesting.

It is an unfortunate time for a young American to travel to the heart of Europe with what may appear,at times,to be Anti-Americanism rife but you are an ambassador for your country and well placed to better understand current differences.Running home may seem like a tempting strategy but it will just be a missed opportunity.

JB1

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:55 AM
link   
All I can say is this...

If I had the chance to move to a new country, and experiance all it has to offer, no matter how hard it was for me to be there, I would stay.

Sure, my friends and family are all here in the U.S. and I really do like it here in New Jersey, but if I had the chance, I'd move to the U.K., Germany, Holland, Australia or a few other choice places.

Go where the journey takes you, indeed.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
PC

Suggestion.

If this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and you can get some cash, and you haven't done this before -

visit Eastern Europe, on the cheap, for a small cultural immersion.

Czech Republic (Prague)
Hungary
Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania)
Moscow

Take your pick. Train fares cheap. A week anywhere is an eye-opener, truly.

Good luck with your month! Wish I was there again with that time right now.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
for ya thoughts on the matter. i just looked at the house i'll be in, err, apartment lol. we got projekts style housing and it's pretty large, so i aint too worried about it. i'm gonna see how i am in december. the end of the second semester, i like it, i'll stay, if i don't, i'll go home.

thanks for ya thoughts everyone. *gives people a cookie*

top topics

join