It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Caldera Super Volcano Movie on Discovery Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
As the title said there is a 2 part movie on the Discovery Channel about the possible effects that an eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera (Super Volcano) could have on the United States.

The first part airs tonight from 8-10 (EST) on the Discovery Channel

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yeah.I'm sure going to watch that,I'm interest to see what would happen if the supervolcano erupted.I heard it is due to erupt in a couple of decades.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I've seen other documentaries on this. A supervolcano eruption would be catastrophic, but not likely to happen soon. They are extremely rare.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be watching.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There's another thread on this docu-drama (which is, reportedly, fairly lame and there's an emphasis on the "drama" and not much "docu" to it.) I've seen it discussed elsewhere and the consensus is that it's pretty overblown, taking the absolute worst case scenario and turning it into a hysterical docudrama.

It's kind of like a docudrama about putting household chemicals and chemistry set chemicals into your washing machine and then starting up the washer and having the washing machine blow up and burn your house down: Yes, it COULD happen like that if you get a 1 in a billion chance.

If/when it really goes, it could be something as simple as just a lava flow.

top topics

join