It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who said Area 51 was abandoned?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have no doubts about what has gone on at that facility, but I just wonder why the American government would contunue their secret tests there now the whole world knows of it's existence e.g it features in the wonderfull film that is independance day (not)

posted on Sep, 8 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Look at this map.

The area listed as Area-15 is (Area-51)

There are two Area-10's listed, the one in the middle is actually (Area-16)

www.dreamlandresort.com...

Click the the Maps link, and then go down to Nellis range chart

There are (30) sites

www.globalsecurity.org...

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by quaneeri]

posted on Sep, 9 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Thanks for that link it was really interesting/usefull. I never realised the amount of land that was actually used around that area. I knew that nellis was an old bombing range that acted as a good buffer zone for Area 51 but I wasn't aware of the actual amount of land around that area and what it was used for.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well I work here so I know that it's still being used I fly plans at that base.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You must have forgotten the loyalty oath that you signed when you got your security clearances to work there. Oh, I forgot kids dont have to sign them.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Several decades ago they were doing nuclear blasts at area 51. Due to radiation poisoning they "supposedly" shut the facility down. I have heard that they have recently reopened it after extensive testing found that the radiation had gone to minimal levels.

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
WOW The government can rest safe now the interest in Area 51 has evaporated. So now its back to business as usual

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Area 51 smacks of a government diversion and people are falling for it hook line and sinker. All the US government has to do is maintain a certain level of activity to ensure that people remain interested. As for the employes who work at Area 51 they probaly just process classified paperwork and mayabe the odd bit of intel.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I think very interesting stuff still goes on at Area 51, but I doubt that the ultra-secret stuff goes on there anymore. According to everything I've read, they still test fly aircraft there (which is cool), because it's just such an ideal location for it.

As for where all of the other cool secret work goes on, we know for a fact that laser testing goes on in New Mexico. The government has admitted that. We've heard a lot about Utah which isn't too shocking because they used to test deadly WMDs there. if I had to guess where the most secret of all stuff is NOW I'd guess either Wyoming or Alaska.

[edit on 7/28/2006 by ConservativeMan]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeMan
I think very interesting stuff still goes on at Area 51, but I doubt that the ultra-secret stuff goes on there anymore......

I have to agree. I remember seeing a documentary some time back about Area 51 being deserted. This to the point that the camera man and the reporter drove right up to the gates and no security police/army guys approached them at all. It was literally deserted, or so it appeared or, perhaps, was meant to appear. So, I guess one asks the question, so why build more runways etc? Hell if I know. Perhaps it had to do with radiation or something from tests but it certainly was deserted and the proof was right there to be seen. Not sure if it was on discovery or national geographic etc. Anyways, in this thread there are comments that it is still “active” and again, for what reasons? Admin etc? I don’t believe they run any seriously top secret stuff out there, if anything at all, anymore. I believe the “operations” as we would imagine, or suspect, have moved to another, less accessible, “Area”. My 2 cents – I guess.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The Groom Lake facility was never deserted/closed. The writer (from Popular Mechanics magazine) who drove to the fenceline and decided it was abandoned simply took the wrong road. He ended up at a more remote section of the Nellis Range boundary, saw no activity, and decided to wite an article about "Area 51" being cllosed.

His "work" was quickly debunked, but not before he had been interviewed for a Discovery Channel program called "Inside Area 51." Unfortunately, he was a very last minute addition to the program, so it was too late to add any rebuttal interviews from people who knew better. As a result, most viewers had the impression that the Groom Lake base had been closed despite the flood of evidence to the contrary. All this because of a jounalist who was too lazy to do any real research.

posted on Aug, 24 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well then... I guess that's it
It isn't deserted. And I believe that was the name of the documentary.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
if area 51 clames to be non-exsistent and shut down then why are their still guards? why is the area still restricted? why is the new area claimed to be in another state? why is there still jets? why is there still radio tower operators? why is their still cameras and sencers? this world may never know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join