It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: No Flying Over U.S. Airspace for a Dutch Airliner

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The U.S. told a Dutch Airliner to turn back around after it had progressed aproximately 10-11 hours on its way from Amsterdam to Mexico. The reason behind this was because two possible terrorists were aboard. Those two men went back to their home countries after this incident.

www.cnn.com
Flight 685 from Amsterdam to Mexico City was denied permission to fly south across the Canada-U.S. border on Friday because the names of two passengers aboard were included on a U.S. "no-fly" terrorist watch list, KLM spokesman Bart Koster said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well, I have empathy for those passengers who were turned away after enduring such a long flight. However, The United States has every right to do this, and we do not want to experience another 9/11 incident. I think it was very suspicious that those two gentlemen returned back to their home countries after they weren't allowed to land in Mexico. Why did they want to be in Mexico anyways? Could what we have been hearing about terrorists entering the U.S. via Mexico be true? I hope not.

Related News Links:
story.news.yahoo.com

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have flown out of Amsterdam before and honestly I wouldn't worry much about people coming out of that airport. Their security is much more strict than ours is. You get an interrogation by a security official before you are allowed to enter your gate area when you are flying to the U.S. I don't know if they do that on all international flights but at least when I have flown back to the U.S. from there they are very strict. The security in AMS isn't the joke that it is here.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yeah the security at Amsterdam airport is quite heavy. I was there visiting a friend about a year and a half ago and they gave me a thorough interrogation on the way home.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
well that is good to hear. perhaps the U.S. was overreacting then?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, the no-fly list is viewed by many as being a complete joke, while others, such as the ACLU, view it as a violation of personal rights.

Check out this article, which goes into some depth about the absurdity of this list using the real life example of Senator Ted Kennedy being on the "no-fly list" as illustration:

www.fff.org...

Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) revealed that he had been blocked from flying five times because his name triggered an alarm on the feds’ No-Fly list. Kennedy’s staff had to make multiple calls to high-ranking federal officials before the attempted travel ban was lifted on the Senator-for-Life. One senior Bush administration official explained that the senator’s name was on the list because a suspected terrorist had used “T. Kennedy” as an alias.

Great work, feds.

Zip

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm guessing the flight was crossing US/Canadian border due to a layover. So why didn't they return there, and remove the two passengers in question? I wonder how someone could be on a "no fly list" and not be a suspect that should be detained for questioning.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Terrorists in mexico? why would they want to be there...probably the same reason we have the minute men on the mexican border? just a thought, another batch of common sense that proves the US needs to practice isolationism in world affairs and worry more about the state of the union and not on who is in power else were.

If there are human rights attrocities step in, otherwise get out. Funny how human rights violations were neither mentioned by Powell when he made the case of war to the UN and the UN never mentioned it in their response to Powell...seems like no one cares anymore what a dictator does to his people. Didn't the world do that for another group of people?

Oh yeah that's right we did that for the Jews in creating the biggest bloodbath the middle east has ever seen, its called Israel. We wonder why the rest of the world hates us... we ignore the violation of human rights but we'll be there to give you a new home and piss off the owners of that land

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
well if you want to get technical, it was the Jews home first. However, I may be mistaken, but wasn't it the UK that forced that issue (Jews taking over Israel)? I thought it was, and the US was just a backer, which leads us to today and we are the major supporter.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well technically, then the us is the home of the indians and we should have to give them half of it back and the entire southwest should be given to the mexicans. You cannot give back the spoils of war.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
TIPPICAL ""ÄMERIKANA PARANOIA""""""
THEY MADE LOTS OF FRIENDS IN HOLLAND.....
AMERICA TURNS OUT TO BE A GOOD JOKE....

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
ACCORDING TO ISRAEL...
THEY BUILDING A WALL ARROUND JERUZALEM...
FOR AS LONG IT IS TO KEEP THE IRAELI'S INSIDE OF IT...IT WOULD BE A PROFIT....

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
AND AT LAST ABOUT THE INDIANS...
THE ONLY CULTURE AMERICA EVER HAD IS NOW TO SEE AS AN HUMILIATING TOURIST ATTRACTION IN THE RESERVATES...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Every powerful national force has dipped their toes in the waters of culturcide at one time or another. We lost a lot with the genocide of the natives over here, but what's done is done.

Holland has its problems as well, though I won't dwell on those. You see, I won't insult people because of their nation's problems or mistakes. Every country has them. Some countries seem to be easier targets than others, but I guess that's just the way the clog hops.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Please quit posting in all caps ressiv.....I believe it is against board policy, and is considered a form of SHOUTING on internet forums

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Yeah the security at Amsterdam airport is quite heavy. I was there visiting a friend about a year and a half ago and they gave me a thorough interrogation on the way home.

I actually went through Amsterdam about a 1.5 years ago....My flight from Dublin got delayed and I had to run to my next plane which was bound for Atlanta...They didn't ask for anything but my ticket....

Of course, when I got to Atlanta and had to tell them my bags were on another flight, the customs guard and his drug-sniffing dog got a suspicious hunch and pulled me aside to ask me if I had made any special visits to a few coffee shops while I was there
....Yeah right buddy....I was in a rush............Otherwise...

I'm surprised this wasn't something that was planned ahead of time...Maybe they thought it would go unnoticed...HA!

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
sorry about the caps...wassent ment to....
yes holland had is problems as well....but i guess with oure free and tolorant policy we could deal good with it...it made us unic in the world society untill so far....
now we also are suffering with the new world order....
it seems that the "war on terrorist" is an exellent exuuse to forfill the dreams of the leaders..total controle of the civillians.....
soon we live in an world that till so far only existed in the hollywood movies

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Just a bit more info I heard on the radio..

The airliner didn't screen the passenger list because the plane's destination was not the US but Mexico. KLM provided Mexico with information on the passengers, Mexico in turn handed the information over to the US.
The Dutch airliner is upset that this was done without their permission and wants the European Union to demand clarification from the Mexicans.

According to unofficial sources the two came from Saudi Arabia.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if it had EU or Mexican approval, the plane went into US airspace with passengers listed as international terrorists. The point is not that they would attack the US with that plane. Al-Queda has already used that tactic. They are probably implementing a plan across the US-Mexico border, and why not? The US government is almost asking for a terrorist threat with so many people pouring over its borders. The wall the Israeli's are planning should be built in America. Mexico is an impoverished nation next to a developed nation. What does the US expect?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If the United States would have allowed for the plane to enter U.S. airspace and another hi-jacking occured then everyone would blame the U.S. cause we supposively knew about the possibility of terrorist aboard the flight and did "nothing" to prevent it.

It's a lose/lose situation....

send passengers elsewhere and waste there time=lose
allow plane to fly over US and get hi-jacked=lose

Better not take that chance! Better send the plane elsewhere to avoid a possible threat and piss off a few passengers than to allow the plane to fly over U.S. airspace and have another tragedy that pissess off a nation.

Ive flown through there and security is very tight, but although many nations share a similar database for tracking terrorist, the U.S., CIA, FBI and whatever 3 letter combo you can think of might have people on thier list that others might not have have on thiers.

[edit on 12/4/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
lol i don't think a "wall" would work. keep in mind that the ssr tryed that, and even with there "shoot anyone on sight" orders people still continued to make it across.

as for thease "lists" get real it can not work. i once lived in an area that had 7 people with my first and last names in one pharmacy. i even came close to trubble with the cops because they looked up my name in the computer. i had said i had never been in trubble with the pollice (true), but when he imput my name there was one heck of a record. i watched it flow by in disbelief, the oficer was getting rather pissed off (i thought he was gonna have a coronary). then it came to the end, the cops ranting about my lieing came to a rather sudden halt. DESCRIPTION- BLACK. oops i'm white. just a case of overreaction before the facts are in.

funny thing is those who are realy guilty would have no problem getting fake id, creaditcards ect. and would feel no remorse over useing a name that will not throw up red flags. personaly i have to feel sorry for anyone named smith, they just have to be on the bann list
the most common alias out there. this is a typical overreaction by the boobs in power. they say they are makeing eveyone safe while at the same time accomplishing nothing but the harassment of the inocent. those who wish harm to north america must be haveing a good laugh at the inneptness of the government.

is this just possibly a ploy to make us all take a "number or implant" to identify us? they are doing a rather good show at makeing any other form of id useless. well they certainly won't get me to take one, when it comes.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
as for thease "lists" get real it can not work. i once lived in an area that had 7 people with my first and last names in one pharmacy.

Drogo, most nations and airlines do have list of well known/possible terrorrist. With that list usually comes a photo and maybe a brief
description. It's no big secret. Google it up

And as for the fake ID thing. In many countries fake passports do not work anymore like they used to. Thats why customs swipes passports these days, one of the reasons is that it verifies the authenticity of the passport aswell as logging in your info and arrival/departure dates into
a massive database.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join