It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crucial Patriot Act Judiciary Committee review on CSPAN now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sneak and Peek Doublespeak

1230pm PDT

Sen. Russ Feingold and AG Alberto Gonzales go at it over Sec. 213, the point being 213 is not restricted to suspected terrorist activities and is used by law enforcement in cases with no relation to terrorism or the Patriot Act, in exception to 'constitutional protection'.

Sen. Jeff Sessions jumps in and spouts "No provisions of the Patriot Act have been struck down to date, proven constitutional powers have been given to the fight against terrorism that already exist for FDEA and FFDA, and besides, they (the 213s) are subject to Federal Judicial approval." He is supported in his claims by FBI Dir. Mueller.

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Did they talk about how the Patriot Act defines a domestic terrorist as someone who is loyal to the US Constitution?

I watched it after I seen this post and I did not see them talk about it, mostly just about unconstitional wire taps and serch and seizures.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sen. Feingold seemed to be the only one concerned about constitutional liberties threatened by the Patriot Act.

Sen. Specter, the Judiciary Committee Chair, looked uncomfortably caught in the middle.

Sen. Sessions seemed about to fall all over himself in praise of the DFBI's prosecutorial record, and tried to divert attention away from constitutional issues.

new topics

join