It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official: Half-Life 2 expanding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
www.gamespot.com...

Valve rep confirms that Gordon Freeman and cohorts are coming back in Half-Life 2: Aftermath.

article:

PC Gamers rejoice--Half-Life 2 is getting its first expansion. Valve Software has confirmed that Half-Life 2: Aftermath is in the works, and will make an official announcement with details on the game in the coming weeks.

According to an article on Eurogamer.net, Valve employees Robin Harper and Marc Laidlaw spoke with PC Gamer UK about the forthcoming Aftermath.

Apparently, Valve is working on the expansion rather than doling out the development to another studio, like it did with Half-Life expansions Blue Shift and Opposing Force, both developed by Gearbox Software.

"Right now, we're really, really good at making Half-Life 2," Harper admits.

The specifics of the game are still very unclear. It is known that hero Gordon Freeman's sultry sidekick, Alyx, will play a large part in the add-on, but in what context is anyone's guess. Whether she will be a playable character, as previously rumored, is unknown.

The expansion will take place immediately after the conclusion of Half-Life 2 and will see Freeman and Alyx fleeing from City 17 and its impending destruction. "You and Alyx are leading the flight from the city getting up close and personal with some of the creatures and sights from the end of the game," says Laidlaw.

Valve failed to mention any release dates or game-specific information in the interview.

this is great news for half-life 2 players (myself included)...

i cannot wait!!!

other links:

eurogamer.net...

ENJOY!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It'll be out in 4 years tops.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
SPOILER ALERT DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO PLAY TO SEE THE ENDING OF HL2!

Anyways, but in HL2 you are put back in stasis by the G-Man. So how can you start off there? Explosion, time slows to a stop, and G-Man puts you back in stasis until the next contract comes.

And anyone who plays HL2 knows this, when you connect to steam it gives you a news update, and this was it yesterday.

Anyways, go HL2! Have the whole Half-Life Series, from Orginal to Op Force to Blue to CS and TF and now HL2. Damn those Striders were hard, only way I could beat them was switch game dif. to easy until I killed them.(that a cool feature, can change the dif. rating in the middle of a game)

Also, now that I beat it, gonna use codes. Love that, beat it without and then play it again with codes so I can see all the things I missed due to trying to stay alive.

Edit. Does anyone know how long Freeman was in Stasis? I mean, Eli Vance is now old, has grey hair, yet Freeman is still young(well, middle age, he is what? 29-33 years old? They tell you in HL1 at the intro, but don't remeber)

[edit on 10-4-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Personally, I absolutely loved the ending of Half-Life 2, thought it could've been right in a blockbuster movie somewhere...

Hopefully they will turn it into a movie...think they should, eh?

-wD

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Are you kidding? They'd mess it up. Probably have Gordon Freeman played by Ah-nold or The Rock with Alex played by Pamela Anderson and Eli Vance will be Antonio Estavez or something...... They could never make a good movie unless it was like the promo I d/l. It basically explained the engine, graphics, story, weapons, so forth of HL2 about a year before it came out. You couldn't do a Live Action movie unless you had the same people who make the games make the movie or something.

Also, the ending was good, the G-Man comes and puts Freeman back in stasis and all that, which is how the next one can't be right off the back of HL2. You are in stasis, so what? G-Man decided to take you back after he put you in stasis again?

Also, anyone know what is with the G-Man? He ain't human, he can trancend time and space in the blink of an eye, what is he? In HL1 you see him all the time just walking around, and in HL2 if you look at the security screens the second you see one you can usually see him until he notices he is being watched and then he disappears.

Anyways, I want another thing like they did with the original HL, like Blue Shift and Opposing Force. Next one be like Half Life: Alex Factor and you get to play as Alex or something. The next one Half Life: Strider's Suck, Hate Those Damn Things.....(I hate those damn things, freaking impossible to kill, I always had to set it down to easy to be able to kill them, and usually died anyways cause of the super time warp cannon thing or once got impaled)

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
great times on that game, beat it on hard difficulty all the way through, ending was abrupt, but fit it well. i think an expansion could be nice, but if it ends up crap, people will end up hating hl2.

new topics

top topics

join