It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Christ Identified.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The "anti-christ" was the Roman empire.

Originally posted by rustiswordz
A woman who sits atop of a horned beast shall be the anti-christs nation NOT the anti christ itself.

Rev. 17:18 "And the woman whom thou sawest is the great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth."

The woman was the city of Rome, the symbol of the power of the ancient Roman empire. "Babylon" was used used in place of "Rome" as an allusion back to Daniel. "Babylon" was the spiritual name for Rome, just as Jerusalem was given the spiritual name "Sodom and Egypt" in 11:8.

Originally posted by rustiswordzangular unconformities Also the Anti-Christ shall rule over a nation made up of many other nations: again EU

No, the Roman empire, ruled by Nero at the time Revelation was written.

Originally posted by rustiswordzThe 'woman or 'whore' in the bible will wear a crown of thorns. EU flag looks like and is widely known as a crown of thorns.

Nowhere in Revelation does it speak of the woman wearing a crown of thorns. I suspect your confusing the woman riding the beast with the woman in 12:1 wearing a crown of 12 stars. The woman in 12:1 is a reference to 1st century Christianity.

Originally posted by rustiswordzAlso the anti-christ isnt so much a person but a group of people ruled by a leader.

That's true. It's a reference to the Roman empire rather than to a specific person.

The first BIG clue to the AC identity or the fact the AC is here is that the AC will forge a 7 year peace in Israel. Is rael will be wiped out after 7 years in a sneak attack by all the arab states backed by russia.

This is Hal Lindsay's work. He took Daniel, which incidently is commonly used to prove Jesus is the Messiah (i.e., it was already fulfilled), and mixed it with Revelation to create the new Revelation of Saint Hal the Divine.

The original Revelation was describing 1st century events using allusions back to Daniel, trying to make the case that Jesus would soon return. The official position of the Catholic church has always been that Jesus already returned, spiritually.

You are being manipulated by Zionists. It's very clever when you think about it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You are being manipulated by Zionists. It's very clever when you think about it.

AQm i. They are talking of bio chips and implanting people with them

no one shall be able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast on the hand or forhead.

anyway i believe what i believe as you. dont tell me im wrong and i shant do the same to you.

Crown of thorns/stars whats the diff the EU flag is a ring of stars. its evil.

Germany have signed up to the constitution yesterday without consulting its people in a referendum. The UK adopts every crazy law the EU spits out over and above our own British laws and we are so far down the path when the referendum comes up ill vote NO with a clear contience but it wont matter were already in it in all but name. Thats unconstitutional, corrupt and evil the sort of thing the anti christ would do.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The difference is huge. One is referring to the whore riding the beast, the other is referring to the maiden who gave birth to your Christ. These are not the same entity within your texts.

I really would prefer that you attack my position. I'm not much interested in peace treaties with ignorance.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
The "anti-christ" was the Roman empire.

A woman who sits atop of a horned beast shall be the anti-christs nation NOT the anti christ itself.

Rev. 17:18 "And the woman whom thou sawest is the great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth."

The woman was the city of Rome, the symbol of the power of the ancient Roman empire. "Babylon" was used used in place of "Rome" as an allusion back to Daniel. "Babylon" was the spiritual name for Rome, just as Jerusalem was given the spiritual name "Sodom and Egypt" in 11:8.

Originally posted by rustiswordzangular unconformities Also the Anti-Christ shall rule over a nation made up of many other nations: again EU

No, the Roman empire, ruled by Nero at the time Revelation was written.

Originally posted by rustiswordzThe 'woman or 'whore' in the bible will wear a crown of thorns. EU flag looks like and is widely known as a crown of thorns.

Nowhere in Revelation does it speak of the woman wearing a crown of thorns. I suspect your confusing the woman riding the beast with the woman in 12:1 wearing a crown of 12 stars. The woman in 12:1 is a reference to 1st century Christianity.

Originally posted by rustiswordzAlso the anti-christ isnt so much a person but a group of people ruled by a leader.

That's true. It's a reference to the Roman empire rather than to a specific person.

The first BIG clue to the AC identity or the fact the AC is here is that the AC will forge a 7 year peace in Israel. Is rael will be wiped out after 7 years in a sneak attack by all the arab states backed by russia.

This is Hal Lindsay's work. He took Daniel, which incidently is commonly used to prove Jesus is the Messiah (i.e., it was already fulfilled), and mixed it with Revelation to create the new Revelation of Saint Hal the Divine.

The original Revelation was describing 1st century events using allusions back to Daniel, trying to make the case that Jesus would soon return. The official position of the Catholic church has always been that Jesus already returned, spiritually.

At last somebody with a brain capable of understanding.There will never be a next messiah or beast returning to fight over this planet.So time to rethink your lives and realise this is your life make the most of it cos when it ends thats it folks.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

The difference is huge. One is referring to the whore riding the beast, the other is referring to the maiden who gave birth to your Christ. These are not the same entity within your texts.

I really would prefer that you attack my position. I'm not much interested in peace treaties with ignorance.

listen mate i called is as i saw fit, i dont care of your opinion or anyone elses, i made a contribution to this thread and i dont care if people like it or not.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
There will never be a next messiah or beast returning to fight over this planet.

We're all entitled to form our own opinion. I believe there are over 1 billion Catholics alone who would partly disagree with the quote above. I believe that number will be much higher when you add in other religions around the world. If you don't believe in a messiah or an anti-christ, then why bother insulting all the rest of the world who does? I personally believe most people in the world will die from disasters or wars within the next 51 years. It helps to believe in something in my opinion.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   

We're all entitled to form our own opinion. I believe there are over 1 billion Catholics alone who would partly disagree with the quote above. I believe that number will be much higher when you add in other religions around the world. If you don't believe in a messiah or an anti-christ, then why bother insulting all the rest of the world who does? I personally believe most people in the world will die from disasters or wars within the next 51 years. It helps to believe in something in my opinion.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by orionthehunter]

True going on personnel experiance of Catholics that are close to me they don`t agree or believe in a return of the Anti Christ or Christ.There faith is used as a guidance within and a belief in an after life not a forthcoming war on earth.
A lot of catholics hope that further evidence in a material way would strengthen a weakened faith in themselves,but the majority are happy within themselves that the path they have chossen is the right and true way.I don`t believe in Virgin`s appearing in trees to young children or other un provable appearances, would be nice and if it happened to me l`d be religious straight away.
I am not here to insult anybody l just straight talk how l see it.No malice intended.
Sure it helps to believe in something.I have seen somebody extremely close fight for there lives and yes l prayed to the big G did he help well they didn`t die but l didn`t get any signs of help either but being human and desperate l guess our or my instinct was to grasp anything that would help me.For me that is how religion was created by a mass fear of being alone to cope with situations.Having religion is the same as Home security knowing your parents are there to help us when we need it.God is a way of believeing that something greater than you can help you in time of need is there.For me at this point that is not a reality l may change with time but at the moment l am happy knowing l can rely on the people l can see.But l will keep searching just in case.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Weirdo, you would worship an apparition?

Try selling your soul. They say the first step is believing it is possible. Just make sure you get what you want in return! Because, its like you said, you get one go, and then its over.

So why not make the most of it, and see if some deal can be struck?

I think the US will be having a 'ruling body' over it fairly soon, whether it is a union with Europe, or all of South America, Canada, etc.

Then Arnold or Hillary could be in charge, without upsetting the people who don't want to see them as 'President'.

Of course, this could only happen if, you know, the important parts of America were devastated. In summary, move away from the East Coast, thank you.

God said he wouldn't destroy the world with water, but he was just talking about HIS people, and the East Coast seems to have only a lot of people calling themself Christian.

Call it God's Wrath, call it prophecy, call it an act of war, call it conspiracy, all I'm saying is, do you want to see it in person, or are you going to take the CIA's cue, and move somewhere safe?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
We're all entitled to form our own opinion.

Not that it matters how many there are, but do you know what the official teaching of the Catholic church is on this topic?

I personally believe most people in the world will die from disasters or wars within the next 51 years.

Where do you come up with "51"?

It helps to believe in something in my opinion.

I believe I'll have another beer.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Where do you come up with "51"?

That's just my own opinion roughly speaking within a few years. It could be sooner. I loosely used a date around 2055 as the time of Armageddon or the battle of Megiddo but I could definitely be wrong. I heard something might be in the bible code but that would be another thread discussion. It makes sense for China's economy and tech to grow for a bit before China marches across Southeast Asia and a possible anti-christ takes over the leadership of the EU for the big battle in the Middle East. It's just my opinion and I have really nothing to back up any of it. On the bright side, I believe there will be 1000 years of peace roughly starting around 2056 or so. Maybe it will be sooner since I don't really know the future.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by spamandham

Not that it matters how many there are, but do you know what the official teaching of the Catholic church is on this topic?

If I did, I don't remember at the moment. You can fill us in if you want.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by spamandham

If I did, I don't remember at the moment. You can fill us in if you want.

Ok then, the Catholic church's official position is that the end times already happened 2000 years ago. Catholic church speaks out against Hal Lindsay

So if someone wants to lump Catholics in general in as 1 billion people who believe in the Revelation of Hal the Divine, they are sorely mistaken, and need to officiallly remove 1 billion people from thier logical fallacy of popularity.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I never stated 1 billion Catholics believe in some revelation by a guy called Hal the Divine. I stated I believe (my opinion) that most Catholics and many other faiths believe that a Messiah will return one day. You may note I said or anti-christ which is the topic of this thread. Or means one or the other. This is my opinion and I didn't state it as fact. If most Catholics and other faiths don't believe in things such as this, then I am mistaken about the faith of many people around the world. If most Catholics and possibly some other faiths do believe that a messiah will return one day, then I am correct in my beliefs of all of these people.

Getting a bit better on topic now, I believe the main discussion here is centered around identifying the anti-christ. I will try to leave out any numbers pertaining to one religion from now on in this thread.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Weirdo, you would worship an apparition?

If it answered the question and was real sure people worship and gain faith from far less evidence.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have been told by my grandmother (who may not be a credible source for
you, but certainly has studied the bible and scripture long enough to be one for me) that the AC won't even know he is the AC until the time comes
for him to "reign".
If that is the case, He/She would have to be someone that no one would consider even looking at as the AC. Also, that would mean that all the things that are occurring right now in the world would
be brought to fruition by the (for lack of better word) satanists in order to
to make the prophecy unfold or come true. (Since the AC wouldn't even be aware he/she is what he/she is.)
So, if what my grandmother says is true, shouldn't we be looking for someone who is NOT already an "evil" person, but is maybe a humanitarian
that holds a position of authority?

( that would mean Hillary wasn't the Ac, but may be playing a pivotal role in the prophecy.)

just wondered
B56

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I've heard that the old pope suspected bush of being the anti-christ, because he has all the simptomes and stuff.

1.Posing as a christian
2.in the form of a powerfull individual
3.some othe thing, i can't remember

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Reading your post, I looked up on the internet about whether Pope John Paul II thought Bush was the anti-christ.

I found this article, although not it's not definitive: Pope John Paul II believes Bush is Anti Christ

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm
Reading your post, I looked up on the internet about whether Pope John Paul II thought Bush was the anti-christ.

I found this article, although not it's not definitive: Pope John Paul II believes Bush is Anti Christ

I'm not sure Bush is the antichrist, but he's certainly the anti-Jefferson.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I don't believe in the existance of such an entity, neither do I believe in the devil, and I am not even totally convinced that there is a God. If there is a God, I can't imagine that he/she/it would play favorites with religions. It would make far more sense if there is a God that all people would be treated the same regardless of faith or lack of it. Why would a Spirit that embodies the pure ideal of unconditional love discriminate against someone just becuz they don't believe there is a God? I know it says in the ten commandments that God is a jealous God, but that doesn't make sense to me. In my mind, the idea of a jealous God is as likely as a petty God, or a greedy God.
As an aside, if there is an anti-christ, and he doesn't know he is the anti-christ, it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that it's me. It'd probably surprise everyone else though.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
I don't believe in the existance of such an entity, neither do I believe in the devil, and I am not even totally convinced that there is a God. If there is a God, I can't imagine that he/she/it would play favorites with religions. It would make far more sense if there is a God that all people would be treated the same regardless of faith or lack of it. Why would a Spirit that embodies the pure ideal of unconditional love discriminate against someone just becuz they don't believe there is a God? I know it says in the ten commandments that God is a jealous God, but that doesn't make sense to me. In my mind, the idea of a jealous God is as likely as a petty God, or a greedy God.
As an aside, if there is an anti-christ, and he doesn't know he is the anti-christ, it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that it's me. It'd probably surprise everyone else though.

It's prophesised by some that the 'anti christ' will proclaim to be a prophet, and claim to act in the name of God for a while as a sort of trojan horse, before 'turning'.

It is said He will attract a following first of people who believe in him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join