It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery's: Conspiracy on Trial.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Who think this program is blatant disinfo or who think it's actually well researched science involved in this program?

They just completely debunked the Davinci Code and the conspiracy theory it's based on.

It claims the Priory of Sion doesn't exist!

Etc - etc -etc...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

FACT:

The Priory of Sion - a European secret society founded in 1099 - is a real organization.
In 1975 Paris's Bibliotheque Nationale discovered parchments know as Les Dossiers Secrets, identifying numerous members of the Priory of Sion, including Sir Isaac Newton, Sandro Boticelli, Victor Hugo and Leonardo da Vinci.

The Vatican prelature know as Opus Dei is a deeply devout Catholic sect that has been the top of recent controversy due to reports of brain-washing, coercion and dangerous practice known as 'corporal mortification'. Opus Dei has just completed construction of a $47 million NAtional Headquarters as 243 Lexington Avenue in New York City.

All Descriptions of artwork, architecture, documents and secret rituals in this novel as accurate.

Dan Brown - The Da Vinci Code

I think this answers your question. The next is.......Does the grail really exist and is it where the book says it is???

Does the PoS still exists to this day and WHY???

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You quote Dan Brown, the author of the Da Vinci Code, to rebut someone claiming to debunk Dan Brown? Isn't that paradoxical?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
LOL it was funny, they had a nun saying how much non-sense certain assertions were and completely denying that Jesus was a human being with human desires.

Who really believes (aside from the Christian followers) that Jesus remained celibate?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
LOL it was funny, they had a nun saying how much non-sense certain
assertions were and completely denying that Jesus was a human being with human desires.

Who really believes (aside from the Christian followers) that Jesus remained celibate?

No. I believe he had children and it is covered up.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i believe its rediculous and overly pretentious to even assume you have any idea what jesus did beyond the words in the bible.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Oh great, they moved this thread now to BTS..that's great...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
i believe its rediculous and overly pretentious to even assume you have any idea what jesus did beyond the words in the bible.

I'm sorry I have a mind which asks questions.

I'm sorry, but for you to believe the bible is the work of god and jesus who was crucified at the stake on a cross??? If jesus came back do you really think he wants to see a cross???

He was a good man, a man of god "so to speak" now in the most natural of ways he would have had a female partner, hence why one of his fellow desciples distrusted him.

Why do you find it so difficult to believe he may have had children. Its not a difficult thing, it is the most natural thing he could do.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas
If jesus came back do you really think he wants to see a cross???

Hey Hunting. Did you get that from the Late Bill Hicks? What a great guy he was.

I believe the Da Vinci Code is a fiction book with some true facts and theories from Brown and others. Some intersting ones as well.
Someone replied saying the book was a fictionally written book based on facts. A source for info regarding this book is the Secrets of the Da Vinci Code.

The discovery channel program claims the Priory doesn't exsist and the documents found are fake. But then there was the man who came forward when Holy Blood holy grail was being researched saying that there was a Priory of Sion.

What this means is this is just another controlled press release from the official sources. Just like the official version of 911 etc etc.

The only way to know is to check and verify all info. It's so hard to know what is right about this subject now.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDog

If jesus came back do you really think he wants to see a cross???

Hey Hunting. Did you get that from the Late Bill Hicks? What a great guy he was.

I believe the Da Vinci Code is a fiction book with some true facts and theories from Brown and others. Some intersting ones as well.
Someone replied saying the book was a fictionally written book based on facts. A source for info regarding this book is the Secrets of the Da Vinci Code.

The discovery channel program claims the Priory doesn't exsist and the documents found are fake. But then there was the man who came forward when Holy Blood holy grail was being researched saying that there was a Priory of Sion.

What this means is this is just another controlled press release from the official sources. Just like the official version of 911 etc etc.

The only way to know is to check and verify all info. It's so hard to know what is right about this subject now.

Just because of what you see on TV, doesn't make it true. Especially the discovery channel. If the priory really is a SS and it does exist yet the telly makes it fake. Who is telling the truth and somehow I cannot see Dan brown lying for a book besides it would be fake advertising.

Yes I did get that from bill hicks the comic genius. In all seriousness do you really think he wants to see a cross???

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

I'm sorry I have a mind which asks questions.

I'm sorry, but for you to believe the bible is the work of god and jesus who was crucified at the stake on a cross??? If jesus came back do you really think he wants to see a cross???

He was a good man, a man of god "so to speak" now in the most natural of ways he would have had a female partner, hence why one of his fellow desciples distrusted him.

Why do you find it so difficult to believe he may have had children. Its not a difficult thing, it is the most natural thing he could do.

no, i think its very simple. nothing to be sorry about, you seem to have misunderstood.

i dont deny the possibility of jesus doing all these things you speak about. just as i dont deny the possibility that people really can fly, we just forgot how. though in retrospect, i cant prove a damn bit of either, and neither can you i wager.

therefore, you either take the bible as-is, or you dont. theres no room for blind speculation.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There is a Priory of Scion, but this order has largely tried to authenticate themselves with falsely claimed connections, etc. and is actually much more recent than the Knights Templar...just from the little bit I looked into it....

As for Mary Magdelene and the holy bloodline, there are plenty of scholarly investigations pointing to this, so not sure if the show tried to debunk this, but there's a lot of evidence for it (as much as there can be for biblical times).

Anyhow, even the author will readily admit that it's a fictional book based on a lot of real research, but that doesn't make everything in it true....

top topics

join