It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India to acquire 400 more T-90 tanks from Russia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:01 AM
link   
he is start again

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
oh why don't yo utwo make up and be nice..

Let peace prevail at this forum!!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
hindi chiney bye bye

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
BHAI BHAI.. not "bye bye"!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirza2003
abrams is vulnerable to sabot shell i see one abrams pic in which sabot rauond pierced in to compartmeant[in iraqi] destroyed by USA becuse tank is neutrlize by enmay attack and unmovable.

Originally posted by WestPoint52And mirza can I see a picture of that Abrams or am I supposed to take your word for it?

Oh I think he was talking about that "mystery projectile" that went almost right through the Abrams. It was discussed somewhere on ATS when it happened a while ago in Iraq. The "mystery projectile" turned out to be a Russian made AT-14 Kornet E

Here's the thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-4-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
BHAI BHAI.. not "bye bye"!!!

sorry that is my view
[aap mujhey kuch bhi bolo but mein un par faith nahin kar th.]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou

abrams is vulnerable to sabot shell i see one abrams pic in which sabot rauond pierced in to compartmeant[in iraqi] destroyed by USA becuse tank is neutrlize by enmay attack and unmovable.

Originally posted by WestPoint52And mirza can I see a picture of that Abrams or am I supposed to take your word for it?

Oh I think he was talking about that "mystery projectile" that went almost right through the Abrams. It was discussed somewhere on ATS when it happened a while ago in Iraq. The "mystery projectile" turned out to be a Russian made AT-14 Kornet E

Here's the thread

It wasn't a Kornet and it still remons a mystery, well to the public anyway. The projectile actually penetrated teh Abrams at an angle which suggests the weapon was fire from below the level of the Abrams probably a downward sloping alleyway.
PS. The projectiel did not go almost straight throw, it penetrated the crew quarters due to the lack of armour where it penetrated. As a result of teh bizarre angle of penetration - it was a 1 in a million shot.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
but it open the secret that top tank is also not totally safe from certain angle.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou

Here's the thread

It wasn't a Kornet. So far, there have been NO Kornet's found in Iraq. The weapon used was most likely a dual charge RPG round for the RPG- 7.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
bad news for us sodiers fighting in iraqi now they are not safe evan in tank now should m1a2 need to made with ERA at first place.

posted on May, 1 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What do you mean they are not safe in the Abrams?
That situation where the Abrams was pierced was a lucky shot, and you need a lot of things to be in place in order to recreate that shot.
The Abrams will be damaged when hit by an RPG yes, but if the crew is inside I don't think they will be injured.

[edit on 1-5-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
my point fear will prevail in the mind of troops.becausethat they need ERA on tank thats the point

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Type-98 is a very vulnerable tank :

To accommodate more equipment and rounds, the Type 98's turret is slightly larger than that of the Type 90, which has resulted in a gap between turret and the hull in the front. This is a major disadvantage in the battle as the whole turret might be blown off if the gap is hit.

In addition, the Type 98 also lacks designs often found on Western MBTs to minimise the damage in the event of penetration by a HEAT projectile. For example, the armour bulkheads to separate the crew compartment from the fuel tanks and rounds, as well as the top panels designed to blow outwards in case of explosion. This could lead to low survivability in modern combat field according to the experience of the 1991 Gulf War.

The above quotes is from a chinese website >> source

The Type-98 was also plagued siverely by all kinds of problems relating to its aoptics, fire control, engine and numerous technical difficulties. But none of this was doucmented by the Chinese media because of the totalitarian, brutal regime that controls it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
if you look at the abram they also have a gap

i dont see why the gap is so important.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
if you look at the abram they also have a gap

i dont see why the gap is so important.

so the crew can turn the turret, look at the back of the tank and u see y they need to open up the gap.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

The Type-98 was also plagued siverely by all kinds of problems relating to its aoptics, fire control, engine and numerous technical difficulties. But none of this was doucmented by the Chinese media because of the totalitarian, brutal regime that controls it.

have you even been to china watch their news???
totalitarian..we're not talking about North Korea or iran.
the people that get executed are mass murder/pedofilles/drug dealers/triads.
people dont get taken off the street then executed..Not even North Korea does that.

THe t-98 was plauged in its development stage.. what tank hasn't..not to mention that indian one. arjun

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

the gap is a lot smaller

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yep, the problems were in the pre-production stage of Type 98. Type 98 production version had most of the problems solved where Type 98G had all of them except for the autoloader problem solved, we like autoloaders (at least thats what the doctrine states until the armoured forces doctrine changes again).

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Type 98G got the gap fixed up, it is also known as the Type 99. And danger from heat seeking missles? I'll show you the pic with the ERA on it. Its good enough to stop most man porable missles. Plagued by many other problems? Give me a source on that, or I'll go around saying the Arjun was plagued by many other problems but the government stopped the military from saying that.

And whats this? We have a brutal regime? Not the Iraqis, not the Soviets, and definetely not the great US of A? Wow, you really shock me sometimes. THE ONLY TIME WHEN THERE WERE MASS EXECUTIONS WERE DURING THE CULTRAL REVOLUTION PERIOD! GET IT INTO YOUR HEAD! You will not just get executed anywhere on the streets in China.

If we had such a brutal regime,then how did we know all the facts about the Type 98 and the design faults? Did the webmaster take a look at it and analyze the tank before writing down the design faults? Again, if we know the faults of the tank, it would be better as we would now go and correct the faults on the tank.

All these statements coming from a kid means nothing. I read your other posts, all Muslims are terrorists? Grow up, little kid.

[edit on 13/5/05 by W4rl0rD]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD.
How did we know all the facts about the Type 98 and the design faults? Did the webmaster take a look at it and analyze the tank before writing down the design faults? Again, if we know the faults of the tank, it would be better as we would now go and correct the faults on the tank.

That Sinodefence website must be maintained by some chinese guy who stays in the US or is a US citizen or something.(remember it's an english website). And it only vaguely hints at its problems.

I bet that if a chinese guy living in china wrote anything like that, he'd be dragged and used as a target for shooting practise in a public street.

Heck, China have systematically eradicated 40+ million of their own people in Nazi style.

Look at the kind of beating that the Arjun got from the Indian media for similar problems.Look at the kind of critisicm that the Indian Govt comes indian journalists living in india for every minute thing.

All these statements coming from a kid means nothing. Grow up, little kid.

Just checked your profile. Its says u were born in 1991. Now, im older. Besides all your posts ae ridden with ignorance(just like this one).

While i grow up, i suggest u grow a brain.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join