It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spreading the Word?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Should we spread the word about the impending crash and everything that surrounds it?

Some people say that causing panic would accelerate the crash and bring the problem on us quicker. It would also deny those sucking up billions of dollars and getting themselves setup more comfortably to withstand this crash a couple more years of exploitation.

Im of the opinion that we should cause the panic now therefore the average joe might stand a chance of atleast buying a fishing rod and some desalination equipment before the value of the dollar vapourises.

If we wait until the crash its only good fortune that will enable some people to survive and those in the know will of made out like bandits. Thats not how we should face this problem. Its a problem of our own making but more to the point its a problem caused by those billionaires who were too short sighted with the economy and our industry in the first place. They shouldnt get out of this scot free.

I made a test post about this topic with reference to www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.com on the most viewed forum I frequent apart from ATS - www.halflife2.net - not your usual place for this kind of discussion but the views and amount of views astounded me.

4 pages later with a handful of sceptical posts and over 550 views in just over 11 hours it was easy to see that the majority of the people who read it got it. Now if they tell just a couple of people what they've learnt and they each tell a couple of people in turn I think this shall spread the word/panic good enough.

Consider spreading the word and cutting the exploiting bastards off at the knees?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
People aren't very responsive to hearing about a storm when the clouds haven't even rolled in.
I suppose you might have some luck by asking folks their opinion on the topic and give them some info.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Nearly a thousand views and a very unexpected, rational discussion of the topic. Im impressed by their behaviour to be honest.

Theres atleast 5 or 6 people who well and truly grasped the severity of peak oil. We really need to spread the word so that not only the mega rich have a chance of surviving peak oil.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
subz, the 'word' will spread itself. As price for gasoline (petrol) climbs everyone not living in a cave will 'get it.'

Don't worry about the rich, worry about the prices of EVERYTHING double or triple what they are now because of transportaion and production costs.

As transportation costs escalate large countries will become more sectionalized- every think of that?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   

People aren't very responsive to hearing about a storm when the clouds haven't even rolled in.

This sort of thing can't have the same impact as a headline, or a message on the net. People will pay more attention finding this out from close friends and relatives, personal relationships and discussions. And I think if we have any real hope of getting the knowledge out there, and truly getting the masses concerned the majority of it needs to be done that way. I see the net as dispersing the seeds of knowledge worldwide (except if the gov't is blocking access), and the people as the soil / water / fertilizer that help it grow. You tell two friends, then they tell two friends etc.

As far as being careful not to turn someone off the the subject with a harsh synopsis, when discussing this with someone, don't unload all the information on them at once. Just discuss how things are right now (current state of production / discovery ) and merely ask questions about the future. The objective is not to put an idea into people's heads, then we are no better than "them", but the goal is to get them to ask the right questions. Then they can develop their own thoughts about it. After enough questioning the truth unravels itself.

This is a sort of an adaptation of Christians' "friendship evangelism", except rather than planting ideas in people's heads, you are opening spaces and allowing them to fill it in through their own personal search.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by benign]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I agree with Benign, nothing will be solved if people are not aware of whats happening with oil.

The thread I started over at www.halflife2.net ended up with 10 pages of discussion and over 2500 views. Not bad for a completely non-political/world affairs board dont you think?

At the moment panic on this subject is being supressed so that Big Oil men and politicians can continue to make money and set themselves up better to survive. Whilst the rest of us plebs continue to consume blissfully ignorant to the sword dangling above our heads.

Spread that word preecher

[edit on 17/4/05 by subz]

top topics

join