It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Pacific Fleet Flagship Visits China

page: 1

join
share:
D

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right section to put it but:

The flagship of the U.S. Navy’s Pacific Fleet arrived in the southern Chinese port of Zhanjiang on Monday for a three-day goodwill visit, aiming to warm the Sino-U.S. military ties.

Pretty short article but here's the rest of it:

www.sinodefence.com...

Interesting development. Hope it does contribute to a warming of relations. I personally would not want to see war between the US and China. (Please just discuss the developments and the events. Don't turn this into a "my dick's bigger than your's" argument.

Edit to fix link.

[edit on 10/4/05 by D]

[edit on 10/4/05 by D]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I think it is great that they are attempting to strenghten ties, but is this really the truth? Considering all of the talk of future trouble? Also, this link does not work. Could you please fix it? this looks interesting. Thanks!

D

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Strengthening of ties probably no. Warming of relations might be it.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
D, your last post does not make sense!

Whats the difference?

Is it a matter of degrees?

Does the wording of the description regarding the intended outcome of this phenomina really matter?

If so, please elaborate.

D

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well, I see "warming of relations" as a coming to some sort of understanding. Nothing formal, just words, handshakes and smiles. "strengthening of ties" I interpret as something formal has happened i.e treaty, other types of signed agreements concerning trade, defence etc.

It could be just a matter of wording but whatever floats your boat.

new topics

top topics

join