It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Petition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Okay, since it's been revealed that the website has been having a few unwanted deletion problems (As Simon has pointed out), I'm re-posting The American Petition.

According to what feedback I've gotten on it so far, it seems to be ready for people to copy & distribute. A few points about distribution need to be repeated:

If you intend to post the petition on a website, make sure that there's some kind of guestbook function so that people can enter their names & home cities; Only signatures by American Citizens are allowed & we need to have at least a name & city of residence to indicate citizenship; Please post the URL of the petition's website here so that other forum-members can help point people to it for signing; About every week or two, send me any lists of names that you've accumulated (my email address is listed in my ATS profile)...I need to correlate the lists so that there's no duplication of signatures; Once it's agreed that there's enough signatures (I'm hoping for a list of *millions*), I'll be making a CD Rom disk (or more, depending on how many signatures there are) & send copies to Congress, the Supreme Court & various news media...With a large enough wave of distribution, no one will be able to ignore its existance.

If you intend to print hard copies of the petition to gather signatures, contact me by email or U2U to arrange a way to send me your list of names...I'll add them to the file-lists of other names.

Hopefully, if the petition gets wide enough circulation, it won't take too long to gather enough signatures.

The American Petition is as follows:
----------------------------------------

We the People, in order to form a more perfect union, declare that the past and current governmental administration of the United States of America has become undeserving of their offices as the administrators of Our Country. Acts of Treason have been committed against the Constitution of the United States & the Bill of Rights under various administrations. Those who have instigated and supported these acts shall hereby be deemed accountable for those acts. We call for investigation, litigation and just punishment to be carried out by the Judicial Branch on those suspected to have consistently violated the Constitution and the attached Bill of Rights as it stood in the year 1900 AD. The reason for this particular time-frame is evident, due to the corruption that has been legislated into the Constitution and the Bill of Rights by those very same traitors of the aforementioned documents.

More than anything else, this petition calls for the restoration of the government of these United States of America to return to its original Republic form and remove the rogue politicians from the positions of power that they have corrupted over the decades and centuries since this country was first founded; Let the individual States have the power they once held.

We the People call for more stringent qualifications for those who wish to hold the offices that are based in the Capital of the United States of America. All of those who are chosen to occupy said offices shall disclose all required background information of themselves that is deemed important for verifying those qualifications before being allowed to occupy said offices. Those who come under investigation shall be removed from said offices and suitably qualified individuals shall replace them temporarily until litigations have been completed to the satisfaction of the citizens of the United States of America, as determined by the Judicial Branch.

No more shall offenders commit offenses and then be allowed to influence legislation and change the laws to lend their offenses any degree of legitimacy. Too many offenders have broken the law, then worked to change the law in order to exonerate themselves. All proposed amendments to the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, addition of new laws and the changing of existing laws will be brought up to the body of citizens and proceed through the Democratic process as it was originally intended by Our Founding Fathers. Also, each new administration shall review the actions of the previous administration, aborting the Unconstitutional laws and contradictions to the Bill of Rights that have been enacted by the previous administration; No more shall The People suffer from loss of Our Rights. For too long has the Executive Branch been changing the laws to tip the scales of our Checks and Balances system to its own favor. For too long have new laws been made that are not brought before the body of citizens for voting and approval.

No more shall the government of the United States of America pass legislation without providing proper notification of said pre-legislation to the citizenry of the United States of America. Our current representative system has not been giving properly verified information to the citizens concerning the pre-legislation issues; They will conduct the system of voting to determine the Will Of The People concerning such pre-legislation and faithfully abide by the Will Of The People before passing such into true legislation. No more shall small "special interest groups" seek to undermine the Will Of The People and cause legislation to pass without the due course of passing through the body of citizenry beforehand. The reason for this is evident, as these "special interest groups" are not, by definition, a Democratic Majority.

Those monies that are held by the current administration will be spent by the determination of The People, as that money belongs to The People. The "National Debt" shall be cleared with due Democratic process and no more shall Our Government overburden us with excessive cost and no more shall Our Government grow unchecked in size and cost without the due process of Democracy. The current system of taxation shall be reworked to be fair and just to all citizens and business interests as determined by Democratic process; The new system shall be determined by The People and Our Government shall abide by it justly.

The Electoral College will be restructured to provide true representation of the body of citizenry or be dissolved. The Electoral College, as it currently stands, is not true to the spirit of representing a Democratic government.

We The People, signatories as listed, are now a United States and we demand that this government created By The People and For The People now be returned To The People so that Our Country shall not perish from this Earth.

posted on Sep, 3 2002 @ 01:11 AM
link   
nice hopes, but i sincerely dont think it will do jack of a schit, sorry.
i would have signed but im not a McDonalds junkie american
BTW: hey i was KIDDING! i said i WOULD HAVE SIGNED BUT, i am not an american citizen...

[Edited on 9/8/2002 by necro99]

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I take it that you just don't *care* that the US government is & has been stealing your rights & freedoms...Presuming that you're an American citizen to begin with.

Have fun with your continuing indoctrination, Necro99...

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 06:27 PM
link   
well to finish, i am not an american citizen

posted on Sep, 15 2002 @ 05:22 PM
link   
LONG LIVE THE PETITION

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Copied from another thread:
--------------------

Originally posted by Bout Time

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Bout Time, how about looking at xmb.abovetopsecret.com... & see if you've got anything to add?...

Good stuff. Though I would not give ANY call to the Supreme Court; look what they did to the country in 2000. I would also remove the concept of Presidential Pardons: you had 33 felons from the Iran/Contra thing under Reagan/Bush pardoned, some now working in this administration. And that's not even getting into the drug dealers & arms dealers that Bush pardoned, not to mention HIMSELF!
Also, I would add that no sealed court papers from corporate malfesance or of presidential paper ( beyond the 20 year mark). Why do companies get to make a product that kills people, settle on a buy off, and then have the papers locked away from public scrutiny? Shouldn't we be allowed to know what companies intentionally killed our fellow citizens for shortcut to profits & be allowed to take our business elsewhere? And do you think, since we are on an excellerated path to dictatorship with the group currently in power, that knowing the crap Bush the Vp & President & his crew did would effect the perceptions , and voting, against those bastards that are now in the Bush II administration?

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Copied from another thread:
---------------------------

Originally posted by Bout Time
I would not give ANY call to the Supreme Court; look what they did to the country in 2000.

Agreed. However (I think it was TC) already pointed this out. However, while trying to root out the political corruption in the government, we would be the same as bin Laden if we didn't try to accomplish this in (at least a semblance) of a legal manner; If we can't call upon the Judicial Branch (at least to get the process started & gain some momentum), then who do we call upon? Suggestions have always been welcome for discussion for the Petition.

Originally posted by Bout Time...I would also remove the concept of Presidential Pardons...no sealed court papers from corporate malfesance or of presidential paper...And do you think, since we are on an excellerated path to dictatorship...

All of these things would be addressed in the "Investigational" phase of rooting out the corruption. The government (our *employees*) has no right to hold anything secret from their employers (the citizens). Therefore, all current documentation supporting corrupt practices would have to be revealed for the investigation. However, in order to keep peoples' attention focused enough on the Petition long enough to sign it, it wouldn't be very prudent to try to list every single offense that will need to be addressed. The Petition is merely to bring awareness to the citizens, not bore them to death with lengthiness; Specific demands & accusations to be investigated & corrected should be reserved for more specific papers to mention later.

I'm sure that any inputs towards *that* goal (when we can get to it) would be welcomed for discussion.

Also, in the future, any discussion that's *specific* to the Petition should be posted in that thread...It's hard enough to maintain some coherence among these threads as it is. With that said, I should mention that I copied your response (& *this* response) over there already.

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I just have a problem with the Supreme Court: it was proven to be derelict of their sworn duty in playing partisan ideology over what's best for the country, laws be damned.
I would look a level lower: to the Circuit bench. Why? They are across the country and give more voices to the process at the same time safeguarding against the 'Clowns in Gowns' decision outcome we had in 2000.
Corporate malfesance is one of the greatest things hurting this nation. Business should have a Darwinism model that it works under, more aptly what Adam Smith called the 'Invisible Hand' in his 'The Wealth of Nations' historic work. You make shortcuts to market and people die, the public should know about it. In my opinion, I feel that since that would be a fundamental change in the menu of judicial decisions, it should be included.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 11:04 PM
link   
have u gotten any feed back yet besides alil from me well p2p me or whatever if u do lata

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I've gotten a few U2U comments from a few people, but no name-lists or even any *feasable* suggestions to make it better...

You also have to realize that we had a period of "Thread Disappearances" not long ago, but The American Petition was originally posted more than 2 weeks before it disappeared during that period. What you see here is what I had stored on disk *before* the thread disappeared.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Keep it on top all who support it

posted on Nov, 23 2002 @ 09:37 AM
link   
ask bob or william if we can have this skicky noted on the top of the form.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 09:02 PM
link   
please skicky note this

posted on Jan, 5 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is not a declaration to form a new type of government, but a call to the people to *reform* the one that has gotten corrupted beyond recognition over the centuries since it was first formed. Further attempts at derailing this from it's original intent are not appreciated. I'm talking about the lifestyles of millions of people that have been subborned by the greedy few who rabble-rouse & manipulate the public for their own ends...Those last 2 posts by Echelon indicate a desire to compound the problem, not solve it.

posted on Jan, 6 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
yes... but once you're in the process of changing... you can't move backwards.
this will only lead you back to the very same problem.

"I'm talking about the lifestyles of millions of people that have been subborned by the greedy few who rabble-rouse & manipulate the public for their own ends"
we too, share that same thought.

besides... it was only a suggestion

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by echelon]

top topics

join