It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are extraterrestrials real? As real as the nose on your face.

page: 88
<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
when a thread gets to be 87 some odd pages it would be nice for the author to go through and write a short story encapsulating the points, and post it for us so that we dont have to read all the post.

I wish I had the time

dalen

aliens...your higher self from the future.
supposedly demons travel backwards through time as we go forwards. (Heard this in one of my Jewish Kabbalah classes)

The Kabbalah is an inspirational book but it too has its fairytales

Time travel only works if time were real, time is a human illusion

And demons are why we are here----we all have them within and can only move forward by releasing them from our soul---they are the ballast that keeps us down

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
One thing we can gleem from this thread is that we are nearing the final act. The human elite are being set up so ET can come in and pretend to be our saviors. I predict many more sleepers will awaken to pave the way for ET and their false gifts. Welcome to The Hive. Resistance is Fruitful.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
C'mon Arm, that's the "Doom and Gloom" you have to get beyond!

Sleeper, Question (albeit long), I've been lurking awhile, again, fascinated by the profundity of so many of your answers, questions from members as well. "What Man conceives, Man achieves, always believed that. However, from your revelations, Man has been guided after some conceptions, "plugged" in others - that seems reasonable and believable.

I retain my admitted defense mechanism and wonder as well if you've created all this from the incredible intellect you obviously have - maybe to prove to the Hollywood types (so many that sicken me) that mystery, wonder, and entertainment isn't their exclusive domain. If that's the case, well done, well done - that seems reasonable and believable too.

I would guess, and you've already alluded to the parallels between us and ET regarding "origins". Do we all (including the other many forms of life in the universe) come from the same cosmic soup? Does the "same" soup spawn the many different life forms all with souls destined for different "things"? And if you're privy to this: Where in the hell did the "soup" come from? Does ET wonder and marvel as we do at the scope and grandeur, the mystery of the really "big" question?

The "Big Bang", as you said and I believed since I first heard, even the beginnings of the theory, not right, and the astronomers answers only yield to more questions, more "guesses" to tie it all together.

Regardless, thanks to all for one of the best discussions I've ever had the honor to participate in (ATS you too, thanks). And for those of you who haven't read the entire thread, do so, it's worth it!

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrubadoursGrayAria
I retain my admitted defense mechanism and wonder as well if you've created all this from the incredible intellect you obviously have - maybe to prove to the Hollywood types (so many that sicken me) that mystery, wonder, and entertainment isn't their exclusive domain. If that's the case, well done, well done - that seems reasonable and believable too.

I wish I could claim my intellect as my own but I didn’t create the brain that houses it or the software that runs it, I’m simply a messenger for those who hear the message and an annoyance to those that don’t

I would guess, and you've already alluded to the parallels between us and ET regarding "origins". Do we all (including the other many forms of life in the universe) come from the same cosmic soup? Does the "same" soup spawn the many different life forms all with souls destined for different "things"? And if you're privy to this: Where in the hell did the "soup" come from?

All life emanates from a spectrum of a single source

The soup or source just is---has no beginning or ending----a concept void of explanation

Does ET wonder and marvel as we do at the scope and grandeur, the mystery of the really "big" question?

They marvel constantly because they know and are aware of the fantastic existence they are part of-----there is no big question for them

The "Big Bang", as you said and I believed since I first heard, even the beginnings of the theory, not right, and the astronomers answers only yield to more questions, more "guesses" to tie it all together.

The truth is the first to be tossed out of many equations and theories, therefore it rarely is discovered

There was no Big Bang but there were many little bangs, yet that isn’t even a theory

Your comments and your unique insight are always appreciated Trubadour---

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sleeper,

People in general will become more disciplined and take better care of themselves because the cost of healthcare will force that upon us

Also food will change and taste better minus the fat

Ok so you're saying that people will come to their senses healthwise due to the cost of healthcare? I can't fathom anything that will lead people to be more disciplined unless theres some cataclysmic catastrophe. I guess universal health coverage isn't coming any time soon?

Also how is food going to change and taste better? Does ET have some new form of nutrition, or will they finally let us legalize marijuana, which I've "heard" makes food taste a lot better.

Tolerable living is for communist, everyone else should expect better

I've read your opinion on marxism in a different post, and realize the low esteem you regard it in. While studying economics I did a lot of studying on Marx and although it took me a while I do see that you are most likely correct that capitalism, although flawed, is a better economic system. Also, my statement was made half-jokingly, as I am striving for more than a tolerable life, although probably not as hard as I should be.

It’s up to the voters to make better choices on who they put into office

Our current system seems to have made voting irrelevant. I'm all for a democratic system, but there is a deep rooted flaw in the way our politicians come to power. Once again, I'll try to refrain from political questions out of respect for your wishes.

Each of us knows down deep which problems we need to work out or let go of----that’s the purpose of this life

Ok, last question. Are we suppose to let go of our ego, is that the main problem we have to work out? For example, does humanity as a whole have to recognize that each and every person is part of the same major plan that we will never be able to grasp while mortal?

Thank You and sorry to be an annoyance, I hope you don't feel like I keep asking you questions just to hear myself talk.

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
Ok so you're saying that people will come to their senses healthwise due to the cost of healthcare? I can't fathom anything that will lead people to be more disciplined unless theres some cataclysmic catastrophe.

We are a lot closer to healthcare catastrophe than most people realize

I guess universal health coverage isn't coming any time soon?

It is in the works but the works move as slow as molasses, that bureaucracy thing

Nevertheless once it is implemented the cost will be prohibitive therefore they will penalize abusers and will implement strict dietary rules and force people to abide by healthy living habits, or they face reduced privileges and pay deductibles

Also how is food going to change and taste better? Does ET have some new form of nutrition, or will they finally let us legalize marijuana, which I've "heard" makes food taste a lot better.

The taste and quality of food is going to increase substantially in the next two decades the technology for that to happen is not that complicated

In the short term the crack down on drug use is going to increase substantially, but as computers take over more of the driving and operating of machinery drug laws will be relaxed, but not for a long time to come

Our current system seems to have made voting irrelevant. I'm all for a democratic system, but there is a deep rooted flaw in the way our politicians come to power. Once again, I'll try to refrain from political questions out of respect for your wishes.

Voting has turned into a grab-bag of what’s-in-it-for-me, rather than what’s the best thing for the country. Unfortunately that philosophy is not going to change anytime soon

Ok, last question. Are we suppose to let go of our ego, is that the main problem we have to work out? For example, does humanity as a whole have to recognize that each and every person is part of the same major plan that we will never be able to grasp while mortal?

We all need some ego, that’s what motivates us to accomplish things, but like anything you have to control it and not let it control you.

Humanity as a whole will never agree on much of anything, and as far as grasping that we know nothing while mortal well does anyone know anything now or ever about life in the big bad universe?----besides ET and whoever they chose to use as their mouth piece

Thank You and sorry to be an annoyance, I hope you don't feel like I keep asking you questions just to hear myself talk.

I’m sure most people appreciate your posts, and so do I

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

C'mon Arm, that's the "Doom and Gloom" you have to get beyond!

You're kidding me right? Since when is recognizing wolves in sheep's clothing considered "Doom and Gloom"? That's the kind of feel good non sequitur that keeps humanity in the dark. Oh nevermind, I give up. I'm sure there was some guy at Troy that said don't take the wooden horse. I know how he felt.

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Arm Of Geddon said - "You're kidding me right? Since when is recognizing wolves in sheep's clothing considered "Doom and Gloom"? That's the kind of feel good non sequitur that keeps humanity in the dark. Oh nevermind, I give up. I'm sure there was some guy at Troy that said don't take the wooden horse. I know how he felt. "

The recognition of tongue-in-cheek statements can only serve you well. Beyond that, "who" is the "wolf" you're referring to, and how specifically do you know what he is wearing? Are you referring to "Sleeper"?! Sleeper is a wolf? And we (others observing/participating in this thread) are the bleating flock he's disguising himself for?! To do what?

What's "futile" apparently, is stating the obvious that should be apparent to anyone with a command of the english language (that most here have, you as well), and the common sense that goes with it: Salvation isn't found on anonymous message boards. Therefore, there are no Trojan Horseys, no wolves, no Jim Jones's crouched on the other side of your monitor screen tempting you to accept and drink a proffered, pixelized, cup of kool-aid! (I've seen this "Savior" routine attempted on other threads, including this one from another poster, ATS either summarily boots them or they don't last)

If you truly see Sleeper (accurately, Sleeper's words) as a wolf, me (us) as sheep (our words), and yourself as the Shepherd ("Oh nevermind, I give up"), then please lead us all into the "real" light that has yet to illuminate and warm our collective wool. Who will be the "wolf" then? For @%d's sake challenge your mind, post something interesting, not predictable.
P.S. I don't post here to make people "feel good", that's up to you.

Sleeper - Question: You were in a hurry? What?...........Your "intellect", mine, everyone's, programmed? Surely you meant something else.

[edit on 9-4-2006 by TrubadoursGrayAria]

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hi Sleeper
I have heard things about Planet X. Can you verify its existance and its position currently or past/future trajectory? Im sorry if this has been asked before. I made it about 1/2way through all the posts and jumped ahead. I appreciate your replies and sorry if its a duplicate. Thanks

Pie

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hi Sleeper,

I would like to be the first to point out that this is the one year anniversary of when this thread started. Sure it might not mean anything tangible, but maybe you can put a good word in for me with ET for being on the ball??

..the cost will be prohibitive therefore they will penalize abusers and will implement strict dietary rules and force people to abide by healthy living habits, or they face reduced privileges and pay deductibles

Does this mean further smoking bans? How can ET not allow us to smoke in bars, do they have no sympathy for the human condition?

In the short term the crack down on drug use is going to increase substantially, but as computers take over more of the driving and operating of machinery drug laws will be relaxed, but not for a long time to come

So we can't smoke in bars and its going to be hard to get good drugs? Why would ET challenge us so? Also most manufacturing jobs in the US are being shipped overseas. The service sector of our economy seems to be all we have left. Does ET know that its easier for us humans to work with the general public while on drugs (according to "some" people)? Will they relax the draconian drug laws enforced in the US.

Congratulations on keeping this thread going for a year, although forgive me for speculating that you still might regret starting this thread in the first place. What I mean is that you have answered any question that was asked sincerely with a sincerle response, despite people (me included) asking what is basically the same question repeatedly.

Thank You!
-Kwyjibo

[edit on 10-4-2006 by Kwyjibo]

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Sleeper - Question: You were in a hurry? What?...........Your "intellect", mine, everyone's, programmed? Surely you meant something else.

Hi Trubadour

Perhaps I should have used the word gift, we jump in our car and speed down the highway at 120 MPH and when we get stopped and ticketed we tell the officer that we weren’t speeding-----that’s a true statement, you were not speeding, the car was, grant it you had your foot on the pedal

Certain cars come with customized equipment made at the factory, same with humans

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Hi Sleeper
I have heard things about Planet X. Can you verify its existance and its position currently or past/future trajectory? Im sorry if this has been asked before. I made it about 1/2way through all the posts and jumped ahead. I appreciate your replies and sorry if its a duplicate. Thanks
Pie

Any extraterrestrial coming into our solar system knows the color of our planets, as far as a planet X on the frigid fringes of this solar system I have no information about it.

The Sumerians, were not the first or the last to have Extraterrestrials in their midst

Many ancient people as well as modern have similar stories as that of the Sumerians about gods coming down from the sky, yet few believe those accounts even if they are written in cuneiform tablets, or inscribed in temples

At one time the Mediterranean was dry land from the Pillars of Hercules to the shores of Palestine-----the Strait of Gibraltar was mountains and Europe and Africa were connected-----ET caused a breach in those mountains and flooded the low lying lands of the Mediterranean with waters from the Atlantic ocean, and turned most of the Mediterranean into sea. There was no world-wide flood but for the people living in the basin it seemed like it.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kwyjibo
Hi Sleeper,
I would like to be the first to point out that this is the one year anniversary of when this thread started. Sure it might not mean anything tangible, but maybe you can put a good word in for me with ET for being on the ball??

You got it!

Does this mean further smoking bans? How can ET not allow us to smoke in bars, do they have no sympathy for the human condition?

Maybe that’s why it is being done

So we can't smoke in bars and its going to be hard to get good drugs? Why would ET challenge us so? Also most manufacturing jobs in the US are being shipped overseas. The service sector of our economy seems to be all we have left.

There are millions of manufacturing jobs in the US, the overflow is going overseas---obviously lots of people are not going to agree with that statement, but that’s besides the point

Does ET know that its easier for us humans to work with the general public while on drugs (according to "some" people)?

Yes they know it makes it easier---but that’s like cheating on an exam----and we can’t hide anything from ET

Will they relax the draconian drug laws enforced in the US.

I don’t fully agree with it but they are going to get tougher on drug use

Congratulations on keeping this thread going for a year

Now that’s unexplainable phenomena----

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hi Sleeper,

ET getting tough on drug use seems too much like a mind control situation. Marijuana and shrooms are harmless substances that actually enhance our existence on this planet. Many Shamans believe that psilocybin mushrooms enable them to meet ET face to face in another dimension. Check out the late American Shaman Terence McKenna, a charming fellow who has already crossed over:

video.google.com...

How about ET getting tough on big pharma like Pfizer or Merck, and the truly evil drugs subsidized by our government like crack coc aine, crystal meth, heroin, vicodin, etc?

I'm getting the feeling that we won't have as many freedoms as we do now and that doesn't look to inviting to me. Perhaps I won't be here by that time.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Wow a whole year gone by and still no proof of the thread titles premise.
Somehow I'm not surprised.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by longhaircowboy
Wow a whole year gone by and still no proof of the thread titles premise.
Somehow I'm not surprised.

Longhaircowboy,
Don't you think that the fact that the thread has been going for a year gives at least some credence to what Sleeper is talking about, or do you think we all just want to believe Sleeper mindlessly for whatever reason. I know it's not concrete evidence, but it has been stated over and over again that the "proof" of the thread title is validated by any individual person having a gut feeling about what Sleeper is saying. Personally I wish ET would be more lenient on a couple of things (at least legalize the hemp plant). I realize you don't have that gut feeling; I guess it can be compared to belief in God, in that there is no physical evidence, just someone's faith. I'm very curious as to what is really bothering you about this thread (also I mean no offense to you, or anyone else for this somewhat rambling response I made).

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Then maybe the thread title is misleading in the least-
Are extraterrestrials real? As real as the nose on your face.

Maybe it shoulda been- I believe aliens are real.
At least that would be more honest.

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sleeper I do not know if you have me on ignore.

You said earlier that the ET put mescaline, and other drugs on this earth to test us. Or tempt us. Forgot which word you used. Wouldn't they be contradicting themselves if they then made strict drug laws against marijuana, etc.? I mean why would they even create these drugs or different means for obtaining drugs if they knew they were going to instill strict drug laws prohibiting the use...That doesn't make sense.

Also, why would they ban drugs like pot, yet let big corporations sell xanax, and other harmful synthetic drugs, and alcohol that are very addicting?

And just for a whim's sake, what do they think about gay marriage or gay people in general?

Thank you

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by highhorse313
Hi Sleeper,

ET getting tough on drug use seems too much like a mind control situation.

Hi 313,

ET is not up our butts on every detail or choice we make, we have plenty of freewill regardless of the laws of the land-----but discretion is important

What I meant was that many communities are cracking down mainly on drugs you mention below because of the epidemic in crime that follows those drugs

How about ET getting tough on big pharma like Pfizer or Merck, and the truly evil drugs subsidized by our government like crack coc aine, crystal meth, heroin, vicodin, etc?

The big pharmaceuticals are the biggest drug pushers out there, unfortunately many people are hopeless hypochondriacs and the drug companies are taking advantage of it

I'm getting the feeling that we won't have as many freedoms as we do now and that doesn't look to inviting to me. Perhaps I won't be here by that time.

Actually we will have more freedoms in the future than we do now

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnconciousSelf
Sleeper I do not know if you have me on ignore.

Have I miss one of your posts?

You said earlier that the ET put mescaline, and other drugs on this earth to test us. Or tempt us. Forgot which word you used. Wouldn't they be contradicting themselves if they then made strict drug laws against marijuana, etc.? I mean why would they even create these drugs or different means for obtaining drugs if they knew they were going to instill strict drug laws prohibiting the use...That doesn't make sense.

There is a time, a season and a reason for everything, we don’t use candles and oil for lighting our homes as mush as we once did.

And then there is that abuse thing

Also, why would they ban drugs like pot, yet let big corporations sell xanax, and other harmful synthetic drugs, and alcohol that are very addicting?

Lots of things are addicting, food and sex being the two big ones, yet there in nothing wrong with food, sex, drink, and certain other stimulants when done in moderation

[edit on 24-4-2006 by sleeper]

top topics

<< 85  86  87    89  90  91 >>

join