It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are extraterrestrials real? As real as the nose on your face.

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knight783
Im here looking for answers, but unlike you I am also an intelligent adult who is not prepared to accept unsubstantiated rubbish. Like a little child you get huffy when questioned, I havent been offensive in any way towards you, merely asked questions to probe your extraordinary claims.

And as for trying to "feel important" - get real for one second will you, Im not the one posting claims to have God-like insight and knowledge looking to ensnare naive acolytes. As I have said to you before, your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Tip for you Knight783: I find that sleeper is more receptive when you are polite. K?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Im here looking for answers, but unlike you I am also an intelligent adult who is not prepared to accept unsubstantiated rubbish. Like a little child you get huffy when questioned, I havent been offensive in any way towards you, merely asked questions to probe your extraordinary claims.

And as for trying to "feel important" - get real for one second will you, Im not the one posting claims to have God-like insight and knowledge looking to ensnare naive acolytes. As I have said to you before, your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

And ill ask AGAIN, any answers to the questions posed in my 2 prev recent posts please?

Why do you want anything from someone you believe-----as you said----my hypocrisy knows no bounds-----?

And you say that I’m trying to----ensnare naïve acolytes----are you eager to get snared by my answers?

No, you only want to be smarter than me-----fine----most people are----and I’m ok with that

If you wish I will u2u and tell you that you are smarter than me

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Like any decent person, I find myself unable to abide lies. I believe you are lying beyond belief. I may be totally wrong and this could all be true, but all I am asking is for some decent answers to the questions I pose. There are so many that you just wont answer, Im simply asking you to show me the error of my ways. I did not initially challenge you in a rude manner, just responded to your defensive & insulting tone.

What do you mean by "pixie dust" ?
What is the Aliens planet called, and where in the universe is it?
When did you last speak to ET?

maybe this time............

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No offense to the majority of new ATS members, but doesn't it seem that quite a few who joined ATS very recently (Feb. & March 2006) are a hostile, angry bunch?

I think maybe I "misbehaved" as well when I first joined ATS. After you've been here a while, most members learn that effective communication with others shouldn't include personal attacks and name calling. The reasons:

Because it's completely unproductive.
You get no answers.
You just look like an ********.
You waste disc space.
Your piercing intellect bores most of us silly.
We already thought of everything you just brought up about a year ago.

I'm sure there's more reasons but I ain't smart enough to think of them!

[edit on 10-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I wont ask for any information anymore then Highhorse, I will accept everything I am told and keep quiet, after all, why would you want discussion on a discussion board, crazy me! Btw, Im actually a talking piece of chalk, amazing I know. Naturally I cant prove this or offer any evidence whatsoever, and noone dare challenge or question me, non-believers are ignorant and trying to "feel important". Sheesh

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Now, don't get all mad, pick up your toys, and stomp off to your house. Stick around and see what happens! You'll learn like we all do.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Like any decent person, I find myself unable to abide lies. I believe you are lying beyond belief.

If I told you not to walk in traffic because it could get you killed you would call me liar

asking you to show me the error of my ways.

I did not initially challenge you in a rude manner

Maybe that’s not rude in your family but it is in mine

I have no answers or comments for you and this is the last response you will get from me

Btw you are very transparent the least you could do is be more creative with your insults when you change your moniker-----how many do you have now a dozen?

And don' use that IP address baloney again----lots of people have more than one computer-----and look at how many you can find in an office

[edit on 9-3-2006 by sleeper]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Sleeper,

Could you please u2u me and tell me I'm smarter than you. I'm just feeling dumb today and could use a moral boost. No one laughs at my stupid attempts at jokes anymore. I feel like just giving up and going back to Melmac.

And tell ET we're all sick and tired of playing hide and seek with masters of deception. It just isn't fair ya know. Here we are stuck on this rock as slaves and all ET can do is play games. Where's the compassion? Where's the love? Where's my frakkin trip around the solar system? I'll show ET a fun game of catch me in my hijacked UFO. They seem to love games so much.

Of course, they only show themselves to people that will fall for their crap. God forbid they met someone that would call them out on their twists of truth. Oh, whatever would they do then? It's be like a cow suddenly getting up on two legs and calling the human a sadistic mass murderer. I could see how ET would be freaked out.

Quote for the day:

"The Grey aliens, sir, are edible."

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My word now I am totally convinced of your delusions!!!! Do you think I am more than one person???????? Wow is all I can say. All you need to do is check IP addresses, even I know this and Im not an internet orientated person. I assume this is what your suggesting right, that I have multiple online identities?? I have more going on my life to go to that sort of trouble. You truly amaze me, I think every word you spout is utter nonsense.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here's a conundrum for you- I don't believe sleeper's interpretation is accurate. I also don't believe sleeper's a liar. IMHO, sleeper's relaying info he believes to be true. I just don't think it is.

Now I understand the impatience, and yes, hostility people will exhibit. I may not agree, but I understand. Especially if you think he's intentionally hosing us down with what he knows is bull hockey.

My question to the crowd: Would your attitude toward sleeper be different if you thought he believed what he's reporting? Or does that even matter?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
My question to the crowd: Would your attitude toward sleeper be different if you thought he believed what he's reporting? Or does that even matter?

I had originally gave him the benefit of the doubt on that. It's not so much the answers that now rub me wrong. It's the way he answers. I know I'm not the only one that notices.

There is another alledged contactee on the board that I'm sure believes exactly what they are saying. I have not probed the motives with that individual. I said my piece and left.

But Sleeper is another case. Feel what's behind the answers. It feels like he's playing the cat and we are the mice. I think that's where you feel the hostility arising from.

Edit: You know how the cat plays with the mouse because it knows it can kill it at any time. That's the attitude I feel coming from Sleeper.

[edit on 3/9/2006 by Arm Of Geddon]

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
All in perception I guess. I perceive a sense of humor rather than a mean streak. From my experience, sleeper's been too engaged, and engaging, and persistent and consistent to be a hoaxer. And if he is, he's a damn good one. I'm 90% sure sleeper's not a hoaxer. And I was 99% sure Serpo was a hoax.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

All in perception I guess. I perceive a sense of humor rather than a mean streak. From my experience, sleeper's been too engaged, and engaging, and persistent and consistent to be a hoaxer. And if he is, he's a damn good one. I'm 90% sure sleeper's not a hoaxer. And I was 99% sure Serpo was a hoax.

You mentioned the "S" word. Drop and give me 20!

I get the sense of humor. But it's inconsiderate to keep giving humor to people that are being serious. It's like laughing when someone is having a bad day. There doesn't seem to be much thought towards the reader here.

I'm not saying Sleeper is a hoaxer. I'm saying that it appears that he is playing with people. I may be wrong. But is the subject not important enough for him to flip the switch to 'serious' for the sake of others?

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arm Of Geddon

I'm not saying Sleeper is a hoaxer. I'm saying that it appears that he is playing with people. I may be wrong. But is the subject not important enough for him to flip the switch to 'serious' for the sake of others?

I think you've nicely outlined the crux of most issues on forums such as this one. The audience is very diverse. The communication can easily be misinterpreted. One man's funny is another man's lethal insult. If he gets overly serious, that'll send a signal all on its own. It's a no-win situation in most cases. The only way to ensure somebody isn't offended is to keep completely quiet. Which kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

I say, take no offense where none is intended. Ignore offense (at least on line) when it is intended. If I was interested in tripping somebody up, I'd be the nicest guy ever. Be open, polite, communicative. If somebody's hoaxing, they'll bury themselves. Once you go belligerent, the guard goes up and you go nowhere.

It amazes me how many people want to be the one to take somebody down. "Ohh, the children. I'm doing it for the children. This guy is corrupting minds etc etc". BS. Best to go coach a little league team or something to keep kids engaged in the real world. If a kid's gonna get corrupted on line, there's much worse places on the 'net than here for them.

I'll owe you 20.

peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It amazes me how many people want to be the one to take somebody down.

That's not what it's about at all. I'm not sure you understand where I'm coming from. Sleeper speaks the truth. He just doesn't provide the necessary base to be able to properly place the truth at the correct level. He's taking on the responsibility for being a teacher but then defaults on that same responsibility when new students come along.

People are interested enough to come asking questions. They may not have the base of information I have to connect what Sleeper is saying to every day life. This is up to the teacher to provide the connections. When someone asks for the connections and are greeted with humor it becomes frustrating. It's not about me at all. I already had all the information sleeper has given.

I don't find anything wrong with trying to get the teacher to understand what the students are asking. I've done the same thing in real life with many situations. And that is still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

The information he has gives me the impression he's a really smart guy. So why then does he give this hyper-level information but is unable to give the connections that got him to that information? That's why it seems like he's playing with people.

Please tell me you understand what I mean.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
OK. I understand what you mean.

My previous comments weren't directed at anyone specifically. Just my overall general perception. I understand frustration and aggravation. What I've attempted to do when reading this particular thread is "What if...?" What if I was the one with the knowledge sleeper claims to have? What kind of a strain would that be? Would I even have the guts to relay the info I was permitted to have? [yeah, I would...anonymously
]

What I'm seeing is that sometimes the same question is asked repeatedly, or the question will refer to a previous statement taken out of context or obviously misunderstood. That's where I'm seeing the [humor?sarcasm?] kick in. Sleeper says "pixie dust". In my line we say "FM", where the "M" is magic and the "F"... I'll let you figure out.

It's free content and can be freely ignored. I think he's hung in there pretty well, but that's just me.

I don't want to honk anybody off, I'm just expressing my opinion that I don't think sleeper's a liar and was curious if he would be treated differently if everyone agreed. Not to say you agree with him, but I think there's any number of situations where you can disagree with someone without branding them to be a a liar. I hope. Anyway, enough of a derail. I'm back to lurking quietly.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Anyway, enough of a derail. I'm back to lurking quietly.

Agreed. Me too.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
enough rope and sleeper will hang himself.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Therin lies the problem, if he does indeed believe what he says is the truth. That would make him a sociopath. Or delusional. I forget which it is but I have never doubted his beliefs only the facts.
what was the title of the thread again?
It certainly isn't "Do you believe in ET?"(which it should be but in the religion forum)

he's consistent

Uh.....no. I have pointed out many inconsistencies and a few outright lies as well. But noone seems to wanna listen. They'd rather troop along and throw fluff in the wind and chase someone elses dream.
Next thing ya know there'll be a hillside commune where only a one armed swiss farmer can communicate.
Oh wait that already happened.

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
[edit on 9-3-2006 by sleeper]

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join