It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Satellite Images Galore!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Google has a new satellite map feature! Check these out...too bad it is only American places...I would like to see Giza Plateau. And, If someone could find Cheyenne Mountain (Somewhere near Colorado Springs, CO) please post it here.

Groom Lake - Area 51
Whitehouse -DC... IT'S BEEN PHOTOSHOPPED!
Pentagon
Blurred Gov. Buildings

Titan Misslile Musem
LoL- Playboy Mansion

Lots More are on this site: edge.i-hacked.com...

Mod Edit: to modify title

[edit on 14-5-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Looks like the nonexistent base still doesn't exist. You can't zoom in very close on any of the "cool" spots. Not too bad from the closest zoom, although much clearer images exist here and on the 'net. No problem zooming anywhere around the classified locations, though. lol

Still a very cool tool! I really enjoyed looking around the places I regularly visit to see what I can recognize and things I want to check out. The street map beats the crap out of mapquest, also!

EDIT: I also found what I believe is NORAD... at least I can think of anything else in that area with a parking lot, and then a street leading into the mountain.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by cohiba]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I just did an experiment using coordinates of the abandonned Titan 1 missile sites in Idaho where I live. I have been planning to visit as close to the sites as is legally possible. You can not Zoom In the final Zoom layer of these locations.

I am starting to see a pattern here...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by joesomebody

Whitehouse -DC... IT'S BEEN PHOTOSHOPPED!

What has been photoshopped? Do you have a link to another picture for comparison?

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yes, some areas have been censored since 9-11, the White House because a hi res view of the roof can point out some of the security arrangements. Which is kinda funny since many roof shots are available in the public domain.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Here are some more interesting areas around area 51, from defensetech.org.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
That looks like a pictogram. Mabey it's to signal high-altitude aircraft.

Oh, if you want the real Area 51 Google sat-link here it is.

This is the link: maps.google.com...,-115.807571&spn=0.0 83942,0.123081&t=k&hl=en

It took a few hours to find it. How you enjoy it. This is the real area 51.

[edit on 5/14/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is right next to area 51 in a mountain it looks like theres a hanger built into it.

Mountain hangar

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The white house was photoshoped by changing the roof. Thats what you mean, right? Its not white, its a brown

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MooMix3
The white house was photoshoped by changing the roof. Thats what you mean, right? Its not white, its a brown

The Whitehouse has defensive assets located on the roof. The Google image (top) has been manipulated to hide these features for sake of security.

img36.echo.cx..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Whats this:

They cannot be crop fields in the middle of the desert. And why are some blacked out if they are crop fields.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
GodAtum, what is the location of that photo?

Those are center pivots but I don't know the reason for those at the top to be blacked out.
Maybe they are growing Mary-Jane?

Roper

[edit on 18-6-2005 by Roper]

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I would like to bring one point into consideration here;
What is the use of blocking out and shading these so called "sensitive" areas? There are many countries out there with advanced satellite imagery and many come close to the technology the government uses! Including many third word nations! So what’s the use of blocking out these areas? Its pointless, its just a psychological trick played by the boys in the Pentagon to confuse the citizens and others, I bet the really valuable assets are in plain sight!!
Also the govt. uses mostly Private satellite imagery, what’s to stop these people from leaking one to the net, I am sure that Area-51 and other such areas are just a distraction, an enigma perpetuated by us for their benefit!
We all the capabilities of IKONOS, SPOT and OrbView-4! They can almost peek through windows, so if they really wanted they could see the creepy 's smile from Area51!

If terrorists really wanted satellite imagery of the White House they could easily get it from the Israelis or the French 'SPOT' or the Russians or the Chinese or the Japanese or the British or the Indians or any of the dozen or so nations which posses remote sensing capabilities!
What good is it to block only US satellite imagery companies from showing sensitive areas when you've got dozens of other countries capable of possessing the images of similar resolution/quality?

Sources of Satellite Data

[edit on 18-6-2005 by IAF101]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
GodAtum the things in the pic you posted looked wierd to me as well, but I zoomed in on them and they are not blacked out, those are holding water it looks like. It is just east of Tonopah Test Range and really looked suspect at first but I think it is much more of a mundane nature.

Wanna see a real blacked out spot on the google maps? Check this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a black box over the National Missile Defence sit at Fort Grieley in Alaska.

top topics

join