It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraqi people have spoken: they want the occupation OUT!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.amin.org...

"Iraqi exiles were urgently invited through major international media outlet to join in the election process, despite many of them, especially the new generations, had been born in different countries and may know only little about Iraq, and despite the majority of these exiled Iraqis carry the citizenship of the country they currently live in"

how will you recover from this?

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

In order to vote they had to be Iraqi citizens

HAH!, wrong!

Anyone who has an original Iraqi birth certificate may take part in the vote. Other required certificates are an Iraqi passport, an identity card, or a form from the Iraqi population registrar testifying that the holder is or was an Iraqi citizen.

Nope not wrong at all, that would be you. Obviously you cannot read. I have higlighted the importran part for you, perhaps now you can understand what it says

As for those that have fathers from Iraq, I assume the reason for that is because they have dual citizenship. One can only assume you do not even understand what dual citizenship means.................

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

www.amin.org...

how will you recover from this?

One can recover real easy based on the source alone, it is clearly biased, you have given nothing more the a Dr's personnel opinion.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"Anyone who has an original Iraqi birth certificate may take part in the vote."

That means, if you have a birth certificate that says your great great grandfather was iraqi, you can vote.

Please, read the rest of the article to understand.

despite many of them, especially the new generations, had been born in different countries and may know only little about Iraq,

(Are you accusing the doctor of lying? sigh... it's just one source, i could pound you with thousands)

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

"Anyone who has an original Iraqi birth certificate may take part in the vote."

That means, if you have a birth certificate that says your great great grandfather was iraqi, you can vote.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

No that is what you think it says and you are dead wrong as usual..........

I do not care how you try and twist and turn it you will not change the meaning of "Anyone who has an original Iraqi birth certificate may take part in the vote."

That clearly means only one thing each individual that wants to vote has to show their own original birth cirthficate. Yet you for some unusal reason think that means if you have grandparents that means they can vote

Get real........................... You are beyond rediculous.

[edit on 5/13/2005 by shots]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
if they have grandparents who where born in IRAQ, they can vote. Not that if simply they had grandparents, where do you come up with this crap?

If they had parents who where born in iraq, they can vote.
if they where born in iraq, they can vote.

If they have a birthcertificate, that shows, their ancestors could have been iraqi, they could vote.
That is what it means. If you read the whole source incontext you'd know that.

www.amin.org...

"Iraqi exiles were urgently invited through major international media outlet to join in the election process, despite many of them, especially the new generations, had been born in different countries and may know only little about Iraq, and despite the majority of these exiled Iraqis carry citizenship of the country they currently live in"

See, you they didn't need to be born in iraq as this source shows. So it wasn't their own birth certificate that they needed, but simply a birth certificate of the parents of great grand parents that proves their blood line was originated from iraq.

hence non iraqi-citizens voted in iraq's election. Q.E.D (i bet you don't know what that means)

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ever comes back.

You claim the resistance are cowards because they hide out in mosques?

Well look at how your disgusting troops who where hiding in a mosque and desocrated it with their dirty boots.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

if they have grandparents who where born in IRAQ, they can vote. Not that if simply they had grandparents, where do you come up with this crap?

If they have a birthcertificate, that shows, their ancestors could have been iraqi, they could vote.

Oh give me a break are you that dense? Let me guess ignorance is a Syrian trait right? You can not change meaning of phrases but it is fun to watch you try all the time

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

This is saying what we all know.

Roper

WASHINGTON — American forces in Iraq have often been accused of being slow to apply hard lessons from Vietnam and elsewhere about how to fight an insurgency. Yet, it seems from the outside, no one has shrugged off the lessons of history more decisively than the insurgents themselves.

The insurgents in Iraq are showing little interest in winning hearts and minds among the majority of Iraqis, in building international legitimacy, or in articulating a governing program or even a unified ideology or cause beyond expelling the Americans. They have put forward no single charismatic leader, developed no alternative government or political wing, displayed no intention of amassing territory to govern now.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Oh give me a break are you that dense? Let me guess ignorance is a Syrian trait right? You can not change meaning of phrases but it is fun to watch you try all the time

Moderator. Personal attacks, thankyou.

Personal attacks just weaken your case

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Personal attacks just weaken your case

Words to live by

I would like to step in and remind everyone that even though this is slug-fest name-calling and personal attacks are still a No-No. This board is an international board and we look forward to hearing from people all over the world.

Respect is a two way street, if you show it to others they will show it to you. (or they will be banned
)

You dont have to agree with everything someone says, different opinions are the lifeblood of this board, but namecalling doesnt help get your cause across.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join