It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraqi people have spoken: they want the occupation OUT!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Let's Be Honest

Originally posted by truthseeka
So, in case you didn't read the smaller print, e.g. my first post, the title was meant to grab your attention. Once you were sucked into the thread, you were supposed to read what actually happened. Again, peeps, slick advertising.

No, it's called lying.

In this case, knowingly posting false, misleading, or inaccurate information to ATS in violation of the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

You don't have to read the fine print, because it's the very first one.

Sure, you can get thread traffic and ATS points for pulling these sorts of tricks, but in the end, what good are points on a forum where everyone knows you're a liar?

All you have earned from me is my distrust. But at least you did earn it.

By your own admission, your very name is a lie.

Man, whatever.

I'd say what I really want to say, but you'll cite the rules of ATS again.

So why is it accepted that Iranians hate the US when some of them shout "death to America," but when some Iraqis protest the occupation it's all lies? How do YOU know the opinion of the Iraqis; can you at least admit that a significant number of them are opposed to the occupation?

My title is tame compared to some of the stuff I see here. People label nations as evil and stuff like that, but oh, I'm the bad guy for my title. Don't call me a liar, you...kricp. Ah, the rules, the rules...

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
And BTW,

I could care less about getting points here. They serve no purpose for me. The only reason I come here is for the discussion. And the occasional laugh.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Originally posted by SportyMB
Which is worse, Saddam dictatorhsip or the what they have now?
Once again, do tens of thousands really speak for a whole nation?
No

My theory is that the 10000 people who protests are actually intelligent and politically aware, where as the ther 20-Million people dont care / don't understand... I suppose it shares alot of similarities with the people of the United States...

or millions of people couldn't possibly leave their jobs/families/insurgency to go and protest in the streets. Just like America, not everyone can drop everything to protest, and like America not everyone feels that protesting does a damn thing compared to millions of dollars from lobbyist.

Originally posted by ghostsoldierSaddams was instated in Iraq by the US, the dictatorship started off serving the United States, and HE WAS A MONSTER, HE KILLED 1000's ... BUT you put him there to serve your interests... It wasnt until he stopped serving your interests that it caused problems... IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH "FREEING" THE IRAQI PEOPLE...

Saddam was set up from the outset. The people who set him up knew exactly what they were doing that is why they funded and aided both sides of the Iraq/Iran war, which in turn bankrupted Iraq and gave Saddam the go ahead to invade Kuwait.

He was a pawn in their game, maybe a knight, and US soldiers were the pawns.

Its amazing how blurry American eyes get when they are shoved up their rear ends. Completely ignoring the corruption and deceptions of our own government and believing the "democracy in Iraq" lie.

I wonder if these idiots will think 165,000 soldiers on the streets, concrete barricades, and 300 umanned survelliance and armed drones flying over America is a democracy worth keeping.

Probably, there are still morons who think the Patriot Act and Drug War are what this country needs.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Damn, you said it, Legalizer!

It's amazing that, even here, people will laugh at you and attack you when you tell them that we supported and put Saddam in power. It's even worse when people support the War on Drugs and the Patriot Acts.
Anyone can see that they suck.

You have a good point (Ghost, you too) about the possibly larger numbers there could have been had the people not been preoccupied with other things.

I'm not saying all the Iraqis feel this way, though. I do find it hard to believe that most of them have no problem with their friends and family being killed, abused, or left homeless. And even if they don't know anyone directly affected, they can't like how dangerous the place is now.

posted on May, 4 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
We supported Saddam when and against who and within what time period in history? Big picture here truthseeka, not some selected portion, k?

Besides, has no bearing on why we went into Iraq the first time nor the second time.

We support the Kremlin now when we didn't.
We are/were fighting remnants of the Afghan Mujahideen when we supported them in the past.
The list can go on.

seekerof

[edit on 4-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The actual numbers WERE NOT the 10,000 people that FoxNews smudged over - They were actually 300,000

Also, almost 50% of the posters and placards were in english - they were attempting to contact us, they was US to hear what they are saying - THEY DO want us out...

Also some of the speakers who spoke at the protest spoke in ENGLISH - yet another attempt at trying to reach a wider audience...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Jez, How Unlike Fox to take a story and put a spin on it
Isn't that against their whole pledge? hmm makes you wonder what other things their leaving out...

but 10,000 is a big jump from 300,000 what are you references?

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

The April 9 anti-occupation demonstrations by supporters of Shia cleric Moqtada al Sadr marked the second anniversary of the fall of Baghdad, which was probably the last time anything went as planned for Washington in its war on Iraq. The massive April 9 protests were another step in the burgeoning crisis of legitimacy for the new pro-US Iraqi government.

Los Angeles Times journalist Edmund Sanders reported that protesters flooded central Baghdad chanting “Death to America!” Sanders reported the crowd was estimated at 300,000. In his “Informed Comment” blog, Middle East scholar Juan Cole wrote that if the protests were even half that size, they “would be the largest popular demonstrations in Iraq since 1958”. when Iraqis overthrew the British-backed Hashemite monarchy.

The protesters converged on Baghdad's Firdos Square at 11am, chanting: “No, no to America! No, no to occupation!” This is in stark contrast with April 2003, when a large statue of ousted Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was toppled in that square, an image endlessly reproduced in TV news bulletins and the corporate press as a symbol of Iraq's “liberation”.

GreenLeft Weekly

Others:
skyhen.org/
Guerilla News Network
Veterans for Common-Sense

It boggles my mind that some Americans (and people around the world for that matter) can still say that what the US is doing is right...

Lets not forget the reason they went in there - for the WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION - Which were NEVER found...

Then they said - We have to remove Saddam Hussien - They did that...

Now they are saying they need to "stabalise" the country... (More like they need to secure the Oil-Feilds (so they can be made "open" to the market (ie US Corporations)))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has ANYONE actually thought about what the resistance in a Iraqi is fighting for? - Do you actually realise that if the foriegn forces left Iraq today - there wouldn't be any fighting tommorrow....

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You better get out while you still can, you criminal swine!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
That seems like a reasonable demand. I myself would like to see the US military out of the country that i live in also. If Saddam and his rag tag band could bring order to the country and force his government on the people than surely with all of the money and resources the US can bring to the table it shouldn't be that hard to train enough Iraqis to bring order to the country and protect the government that the people voted for.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
how can you have democracy under occupation?

Out of a country of 25 million people, only 4 million voted in the shame election.

The puppet regime in iraq right now, are the most hated bunch of traitors, hated even more than saddam was.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
truth seeka, and ghost soldier.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
how can you have democracy under occupation?

easy there was a vote therefore it must be a democracy.

Out of a country of 25 million people, only 4 million voted in the shame election.

was it that poor a turnout, i didn't realize it was that low. but then again i didn't think that it was a real election anyway. it had to be sure that the us got what they wanted after all.

The puppet regime in iraq right now, are the most hated bunch of traitors, hated even more than saddam was.

but how can it not be loved? didn't the loveable us set it up?gee it must be something wrong with the people. mabe some mental problems amoung those people after all the us only did this out of concern for the people. not to mention all that oil that iraq has that the us wants. it's not like the us would want to run the country for them after all they do know whats best for the world.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I appretiate your irony and sarcasm.

I would also like to add, that most of those who voted, where not even in Iraq. They where exiles or immigrants, living in countries like the US , Israel, Britain, Australia etc... How can they claim to be Iraqi when some of them haven't even stepped foot in iraq?

It was the first "election" in the world, where Non-Citizens where able to vote in it.

How democratic. I guess that's the US's understanding of democracy though.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Whateva!!!!!
If they want us out, then we should just pull out,,,,, leave them in the middle ages and not lift another eyebrow towards them. Leave them alone and not jack with them at all anymore. But the first time they do something stupid like backing terrorist plots against the US and her allies then we should spank their little butts and put them in the corner.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Wrong, by a long shot.

Decisive win for Shiites in Iraq election, turnout at 59 percent

According to figures released by the Independent Electoral Commission in Iraq, the United Iraqi Alliance backed by top Shiite cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani won 48.1 percent of the vote.

It obtained 4,075,295 votes out of the 8,456,266 cast by Iraqis in the milestone January 30 elections to choose a new national assembly, provincial councils and a regional Kurdish parliament.

Source

[edit on 8-5-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
My Son was in Fallujah, he helped take the city and helped with the election, well all the Marine Scouts did. His CO wrote to the the families and in his words" The first person to vote at my polling place was a woman. She walked right down the middle of the street liked she owned it and maybe some day she will".

It took a lot of guts for her to vote, to wear that purple finger paint knowing that there are evil men willing to kill her for voting.

It took a lot of courage for her to declare her freedom!

Roper

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Thank you for that reply Roper.
I love hearing stories of how we are doing good over there. It seems like all we ever hear here in the states is how bad we are for being there.
We are helping them attain freedom.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You are very welcome Deesw.

All anyone has to do is talk to returning US military personnel, they will tell you of all the good that they do. Building, utilities,etc.

BTW, my son was given the honor of cuffin' and stuffin' one of the leaders of the insurgences. Kind of a snatch and grab and off to the Bat Cave.

Roper

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think this about sums it up:

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join