It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iraqi people have spoken: they want the occupation OUT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Again with the English! Did you read my last post?

Nope.

Sure, some people might feel this way, but this shows that many are not. Could this be a sign of a trend that is gradually spreading in Iraq?

I DIDN'T say that this was how the entire Iraqi population felt!!

But you did say:

'Sure, some people might feel this way, but this shows that many are not. Could this be a sign of a trend that is gradually spreading in Iraq? '

Simulacra, can I buy some kill from you or Seekerof, because y'all must be on a good one!

I don't even know what that means but if by 'kill' you are referring to marijuana then I'm also trying to buy some.

And, they were drop-kicking wooden Israeli flags, NOT Bush dolls.
Once again we have a problem reading the English language.

Regardless. Just because a handful of Iraqis express Anti-Semitic content doesn't mean that the entire population will be adopting this behavior in the coming months.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

By truthseeka
The Iraqi people have spoken: they want the occupation OUT!

By truthseeka
I DIDN'T say that this was how the entire Iraqi population felt!!

Hummm, it sure does seem like you were indicating that the majority if not all of the Iraq people have spoken.

And now you are backing off. Why the turnaround? Why the play on words?

Was it just an attention getter to gather points, or do you really think that The Iraqi people have spoken?

[edit on 10-4-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
do you really think that The Iraqi people have spoken?

Everyone has taken this out of context, and is merely using this to pick holes in truthseeka, merely to get your own points up!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the Iraqi people are STARTING to speak, they are STARTING to catch onto whats happening, they are STARTING to move towards TRUE idependance.

The Iraqi Prime-Minister says that the US pressence in Iraq will continue for atleast 2 years! This I feel is rediculous and PROVES that the Iraqi government is a Puppet connected to the strings of US Imperialism!

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Let's Be Honest

So, in case you didn't read the smaller print, e.g. my first post, the title was meant to grab your attention. Once you were sucked into the thread, you were supposed to read what actually happened. Again, peeps, slick advertising.

No, it's called lying.

In this case, knowingly posting false, misleading, or inaccurate information to ATS in violation of the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

You don't have to read the fine print, because it's the very first one.

Sure, you can get thread traffic and ATS points for pulling these sorts of tricks, but in the end, what good are points on a forum where everyone knows you're a liar?

All you have earned from me is my distrust. But at least you did earn it.

By your own admission, your very name is a lie.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Occurs they want occupation to go, they have been telling the "occupation" to take a hike since the statue of Saddam was taken off Baghdad Square.

Yes..............Ocupation must be like.......... some around here hard of hearing or may I say reading.

Right Seekerof?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I think my stance was made quite clear on this event Marg

Great to see the Iraq people having the ability to demonstrate. Truly indicates they are indeed 'free' and 'liberated', huh Marg?

seekerof

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, looks like maybe we are going to be leaving in two years. Jalal Talabani, Iraq's new president, told CNN that we can leave in two years and that should be enough time for their security forces to prepare to handle everything.

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The newly elected president of Iraq said Sunday he expects that U.S. troops will be gone from his country within two years.

Jalal Talabani told CNN two years should be enough time for Iraqi forces to rebuild and secure control of the country as well as take over the job currently being performed by some 140,000 U.S. troops.

"We are trying to build -- as soon as possible -- our military forces," he told "Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer."

Continue reading....

And this just in....

Pentagon considers significant troop reductions in Iraq

WASHINGTON, April 10 - Two years after the fall of Saddam Hussein, the American-led military campaign in Iraq is making enough progress in fighting insurgents and training Iraqi security forces to allow the Pentagon to plan for significant troop reductions by early next year, senior commanders and Pentagon officials say.

Senior American officers are wary of declaring success too soon against an insurgency they say still has perhaps 12,000 to 20,000 hard-core fighters, plentiful financing and the ability to change tactics quickly to carry out deadly attacks. But there is a consensus emerging among these top officers and other senior defense officials about several positive developing trends, although each carries a cautionary note.

Continue reading

[edit on 10-4-2005 by andpau66]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
the below is a quote.
You're missing the point, the Government was elected by the people, (you may call them the majority if you wish), BUT - The capitalistic governmental system the US forced upon the Iraqi people doesn't serve them first and foremost, it serves buisiness! It merely opens the market, opening the market allows foreign investors, foreign investors who are multinational monopolies. Once the market is open, that leaves the resources open... Resources such as OIL... The multination corporations are usually American, and once they get the Oil it'll be all S***'s and Giggles for the Corporations, leaving the people worser of than before...

Remember it was your government that put the Saddam Regime in power in the first place! It wasn't until he started causing a problem to your economy that you decided to go to war...

What the hell!!!!! We put saddams regime in power?!!!!!!!! You clueless I**OT! If I get a warning for this so be it. I love reading everything that goes on here at ATS but people like you make me sick! Its people like you who spit out crap that doesnt make sense and those that dont know whats going on absorb it. Considering what I just read you are a cancer to the truth.

P.S. I burned my pizza replying to your crap... @#$^!

[edit on 10-4-2005 by madmangunradio]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
sigh... I had that coming.. I just ask that people here please reply to topics without prejudice towards any country and just back it up with facts. BTW if you want to state a comment like "america put sadams regime in power" please back it up with facts 0r at least do your homework.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Burned your pizza?

Yup, you definitely get a warn for that! You know how they feel about that here

Ha Ha Ha, I have never seen negative points.
ATS Points: -34

Cool

[edit on 10-4-2005 by makeitso]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
*Sigh* When will these infidels understand? That In a Democracy the people don't have a say in matters of Government or anything else in relation. Besides when has a protest ever worked? lol

* Other then "Elections" which are rigged to an extent lol*

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think it was the **'s, @#$!'s, or the fact I "if I get a warning for this so be it"... doesnt matter I came across in an angry way towards someone. I am just sick of certain people and there responses to everything. I just know he hates America and his posts make that very clear. I feel he clouds the truth with his hatred.

P.S. I ran to the stove and saved it.. I had to eat around the charred edges..

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
My theory is that the 10000 people who protests are actually intelligent and politically aware, where as the ther 20-Million people dont care / don't understand... I suppose it shares alot of similarities with the people of the United States...

Saddams was instated in Iraq by the US, the dictatorship started off serving the United States, and HE WAS A MONSTER, HE KILLED 1000's ... BUT you put him there to serve your interests... It wasnt until he stopped serving your interests that it caused problems... IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH "FREEING" THE IRAQI PEOPLE...

Yes, I agree. I read an article before that said the majority of the Iraqis don't care much about the greater picture (can't find that article again. It's probably in this article but can't find the place where it said it (probably wrong article)). Most of them only care about improvements for themselves. As long as the US provides them with a little safety, some food, shelter, cash, etc, they're happy and don't care about the larger picture. However, there are those who are much smarter, more politically literate, and probably more aware of the US's true motives in their country. Those are the ones that tend to rebel. They probably still remember that Saddam Hussein was given power by none other than the US itself. They're aware that the US is probably just playing with them. They're probably also aware that the US has had a history of getting itself involved in the politics of other countries and supporting regimes that would suit its interests even if they're evil, etc. I think it's only natural that they would be suspicious of the US today.

btw plz check out this video
www.informationclearinghouse.info...
I know the patrotic Americans will immediately shout BS but I'm just putting this here because I think it might be relevant to this topic. Whether or not the message from the video is sincere, it's up to you to decide.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Taishyou.. Could you help me out or anyone else on where America helped Sadam gain power? I know we helped him later on with the Iraq/Iran war but Im confused.. Ive watched the History channel etc and he gained it himself. He had one hell of a rough childhood thanks to his mother and father but I am confused as to why people think we helped him gain power?

P.S. I think I have the father part of this wrong. After thinking about it I think he died and his mother tried to kill herself...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
Taishyou.. Could you help me out or anyone else on where America helped Sadam gain power? I know we helped him later on with the Iraq/Iran war but Im confused.. Ive watched the History channel etc and he gained it himself. He had one hell of a rough childhood thanks to his mother and father but I am confused as to why people think we helped him gain power?

Some sources
www.representativepress.org...
www.dissidentvoice.org...
www.newsmax.com... (this one's pretty detailed. It even talked about the CIA sponsored assassination attempts on the other party that Hussein participated in.)

The CIA originally funded the Ba'ath party and got them into power with a coup in 1963. They believed the Ba'ath party would be pro-American and they wanted this party to beat the pro-Soviet party.

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thanks Taishyou.. I'll study those links..

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou
They probably still remember that Saddam Hussein was given power by none other than the US itself. They're aware that the US is probably just playing with them. They're probably also aware that the US has had a history of getting itself involved in the politics of other countries and supporting regimes that would suit its interests even if they're evil, etc. I think it's only natural that they would be suspicious of the US today.

Thank you Taishyou, I knew I was correct in saying that Saddam was given power by the US, so I didn't understand why I was being called an idiot for a completely correct statement.

I would like to make clear that I do not hate Americans, I hate the American government, and those that cannot see WHY, need to wisen up to their political and social ignorance towards the events transpiring all around the world.

A good book on the subject is

"The Culture of Terrorism" - by Noam Chomsky

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Its funny how when Iranians have anti-america protests the fact that they say "Death to America" is referenced to as proof that they cannot be trusted and are our enemy but when Iraqis say "Death to America" its referenced to as being proof that Iraq is joining the free democratic world and is moments away from becoming a strong American ally.

All this talk of how this is a sign of Iraqi freedom is a strawman argument in my opinion. No one is debating that Iraq is no longer a dictatorship under saddam thanks to American intervention. Thats not the issue here whats the issue here is the fact that for months people who supported this war have been saying that the "liberal" media has been distorting the new with reports on Anti american sentiment in Iraq and that the Iraqis really love us and want us to stay. This is obviously not the case now. When 300,000 people show up to protest in an urban area thats usually a good indicator of public sentiment.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Here was my response to this on another thread on the same topic... just thought i'd post it here as well...

Well they tried violently getting rid of the US, and now they're trying peacfully... if peaceful demonstrations dont work what do you think they'll do next? Go back to violence... its the most effective way in the Middle East to get your point across... unfortunate? Yes... but its the truth...

Sure its a sign of freedom tha they can protest like this... but how will the Us and the Iraqi Government respond? 3 options...

-Withdraw troops... this will show the Iraqi people that democracy works and the voice of the people is heard and taken into account.

-Keep the troops there and explain to the people why... this will show that the voice is heard, but not actually listened to (like most 'democratic' countries)

-Keep the troops there with no response to the protests... this will show that democracy is just a farce and no-one actually listens.

Which do you think will be the response?

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's a FACT that the vast majority of the Iraqi Arab population, Sunni and Shiite want the Americans out NOW, this has been proven by poll after poll..

The Iraqis do not have a 'democracy', they have a military occupation,-house to house searches, abuse, murder at checkpoints, wholsale destruction of Iraqi cities like Falluja, and other cities trashed, mass arrests w/o charged or due-process-and then torture of prisoners, foriegn control of the countries natural resources-the same foreigners that give 10 billion dollars to the zionist-racist aphartied state everyyear..it's what the American's call "freedom and democracy"-

they are drilling Iraqs oil and then paying the money to American contractors, an American contractor bodyguard makes 200,000+ a year and a truck driver gets 100,000-the impoverished Iraqi's in Sadr city and Falluja get nothing-thats rape!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join