It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-2 Spirit Begins to Bridge Gap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Did anyone catch the show called Extreme Aircraft on the history channel a few days ago? I was looking at the B-2 and got to thinking this: Is the B-2 Spirit an attempt to bridge the gap between conventional aircraft and begin to introduce a UFO type of look? I know Jack Northrup came up with the flying wing design a long time ago but never had technology to make it stable. I looked at a picture of the B-2 from the side and it sure does look ufo-ish.

Now, my father worked on the B-2 Project. He actually knew Jack N. and would talk with him often. I asked my dad about it and he said he didn’t know. All he said was that his work area was sensitive; it was inside a tent that was inside a building and had an armed guard at the door 24 hours a day. He also told me that he was only responsible for the front leading edge of the B-2 and that was it.

What do you think? Is the B-2 proof that UFO’s exist?

external image

[edit on 9-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
As a personal stance, no I do not beleive that the B-2 includes any UFO tech, or indeed that we are currently in possession of ANY UFO tech at all. Everything in the B-2 is currently explainable under available technology, even if its 'advanced'.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
But not proof of anyone having posession of UFO's or UFO technology. I think when you look at the shape of many 'black' aerospace projects, you can see why people think they are seeing ET Vehicles.

The flying wing design actually goes back to some German designs during the latter days of WW2. I believe the original piston-engined version of Northrops flying wing was the one that did not work too well, but when mated with jet power, it was a solid platform. Political pressure from Boeing as "the" manufacturer of American bombers won the day. It has been said that Boeings lobbyists outperformed Northrop's flying wing. It was a viable prototype.

-Snark

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snark
I believe the original piston-engined version of Northrops flying wing was the one that did not work too well, but when mated with jet power, it was a solid platform.

The flying wing is a very unstable design, and the first Northrop flying wings were extremely hard to fly, basically hands on with full concentration for the entire time, both pilots, which understanably led to very short missions
It was the advent of fly by wire systems that sorted it out in the end, not jet power.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The B-2 was only a stepping stone into the UFOish looking jets series. Look at the other bombers the U.S. is considering they all encompass this winged body structure. However do I think its proof that we have UFO tech? Nope, anything that is made public does not have UFO tech, the secret stuff is what we have to wander about.

[edit on 9-4-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What he is saying is that perhaps the b2 design, not its tech, leads people to think they are seeign ufos. Perhaps he is also saying, but this I disagree with, is that the b2 design look is a stepping stone to introduce "real" alien tech.

NMS

new topics

top topics

join