It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bending Light + Building a time machine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hi im building a time machine and just need to ask a technical question

Forgetting what we at present can and cannot do, what will it take to bend light?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You'll need a singularity.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
To bend light?

A mirror

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
there is more than one kind.

to which are you referring?
thanks

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
No my less intellectually refined friend. i need to BEND it not refract it

since in this time period little have succeeded in light bending i need your theories

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
what will it take to bend light?

A large gravitational force as powerful as the Suns

Or alternatively a black hole

[edit on 9-4-2005 by nibiru]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Actually if you just want to bend light, you can use an optical lens. That's much easier to obtain than a black hole.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
thankyou

Alternatively a large, contained explosion. hmmmm perhaps not a fuel based explosion...

does anyone know where i can get a hold of liquid nitrogen commercially?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
No Shadow88, I was joking. I dunno how to "bend" light. Good luck with the time machine though

[edit on 9-4-2005 by PeteTPP]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
thankyou...although i cant give you the details on why im building it, i can post the details of the device itself
should keep ya busy on a rainy day

i will copy them up into Microsoft Word for easy viewing for all you science wizzards

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In order to create a black hole you will need to colapse a star ten times the size of Sol, however you can bend light in a brief antmatter explosion as it releases gravitons which can be used to bend light.

(its a false concept, you cant actualy bend light, you can only bend the space the light is traveling through and as gravitons are actualy ripples in space they can bend your light)

The question is why do you want to bend light for time travel?

(also see the details of Bob Lazars machine he says he saw at area 51, Im not saying hes telling the truth but he does make some sense homepage.ntlworld.com...)

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Actually if you just want to bend light, you can use an optical lens. That's much easier to obtain than a black hole.

You can not bend light, you can only refract it in new directions.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
and in reference to djohnsto77, you're still not understanding me

i dont want to change the direction of light, i need to cause it to BEND

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wrong Motile, Wrong

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Good luck dude. Theres much more to Electro Magnetic Wave Theory than just visible light. When it comes to visible light start with refraction and go from there. Start with the lower end of the spectrum cause it wont take as much. I dont see how bending light would assist in time travel though....

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
the bending of light is simply one way to slow it down. there are of course other ways but none slow it down considerably enough.

where to get commercial liquid nitrogen?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

the bending of light is simply one way to slow it down. there are of course other ways but none slow it down considerably enough.

where to get commercial liquid nitrogen?

Shadow88? I'm going to assume you were born in 1988, making you 16 or 17. And you want to get a hold of liquid nitrogen in order to create a large explosion? Good luck with that without setting off the terrorism red flags!

Something smells fishy, and it's not my girlfriend.

[edit on 9-4-2005 by Cutwolf]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
How do you create an explosion with liquid nitrogen?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Haha.....sorri i can see where youve got that assumtion from. No im nota terrorist lol.

I will be posting the final plans for the device soon. I have the science side ironed out, it is just a case of finding ways to create the affect which is theoretically possible.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Haha.....sorri i can see where youve got that assumtion from. No im nota terrorist lol.

I will be posting the final plans for the device soon. I have the science side ironed out, it is just a case of finding ways to create the affect which is theoretically possible.

You expect us to believe a 16 year old kid using "aim l33t sp3ak" is going to build a time machine? The science side has been well known for years. The "effect" has been the problem. Good luck solving that mystery, Scooby!

Anyone who believes this...well...I got this plot of land...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join