It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take back ATS???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Have I missed something guys? I've seen it on a few Avatars. What does it mean?

Nightwalker

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by Nightwalker]

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think it is the end of the spectrum of interpretation of what you say on your own avatar, nightwalker.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Dujde, they're saying everyone else stop acting like little kiddies and posting crap. Return it to it's former status as a great site.

I think William's efforts are working. There are no more complaints even though he started the complaint thread.

Thumbs up to William

Tassadar

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Oh. So he wants it to go back to the old days? I was just an observer then.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't think we can ever go back to 'the old days of ATS'...for days come and go...its called time, its called progression. So I don't think the aim is to return to an old ATS at all.

The aim, as I see it anyway, is to encourage an increasing focus back upon what ATS was originally set up for...to discuss Conspiracy/UFO/Alien and other mysteries...to challenge the mind and provide an open avenue for people to share their relevant experiences. To question and to discuss those mysteries that perplex us. To encourage more *substance* in posts, no matter what topic they may be addressing...rather than just a 'drive-thru Happy Meal' feeling some seem to have...

However, as membership increases, then so too must the sites flexibility/adaptability...there is still room to goof off and have a laugh, after all being serious all the time is a sure way to get yourself a stomach ulcer...that and eating my flatmates Chilli...

However, that said, 'new' is not always bad...just like 'old' is not always better.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
alien,

However, as membership increases, then so too must the sites flexibility/adaptability...there is still room to goof off and have a laugh, after all being serious all the time is a sure way to get yourself a stomach ulcer...that and eating my flatmates Chilli...

I totally agree

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
alien,

I totally agree

...what...you've had the misfortune of eating my flatmates Chilli too???

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The "Good Ol' Days" are never as good as you remember them. If ATS was only intended for conspiracy type stuff, why is there a chit-chat forum, etc.? I'm sure I am resented as well since I am a newer member and don't really start many threads dealing with aliens, etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
The "Good Ol' Days" are never as good as you remember them. If ATS was only intended for conspiracy type stuff, why is there a chit-chat forum, etc.? I'm sure I am resented as well since I am a newer member and don't really start many threads dealing with aliens, etc.

I dunno about that, i'm a newer member then you are.

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 05:14 AM
link   
*bumped*

To replace GreyHavens thread...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Someone sent me one of those. I thought it was the funniest thing ever. ...but now I see other people using them.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar

Dude, they're saying everyone else stop acting like little kiddies and posting crap. Return it to it's former status as a great site.

ATS never lost it's status as a great site. The reason I put it on my avatar is because I want ATS to emulate a more intelligent version of it's current self. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a veteran member, but I have been coming to this message board reading the topics for a long while now. I mean, there is nothing wrong with Chit Chat or any of the non-ATS type of things, I'm just getting a bit sick of all the really dumbass crap that happens. like with AV and so on. Know what I mean?

new topics

top topics

join