It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Rudolph guilty of '96 Olympic bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Saw this article via AP by Jay Reeves, in my local paper today-

Man to plead guilty in 1996 Atlanta Olympic bombing

"Eric Rudolph has agreed to plead guilty to carrying out the deadly bombing at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics and setting off three other blasts in a deal that allows the anti-government extremist to escape the death penalty, the Justice Department said Friday."

It caught my eye because I knew of his arrest after years of hiding in the hills of NC, and that he was wanted in connection with the three other bombings, but not that he was being accused of the Olympic blast. I heard speculation back then that he might be involved after the case against the security guard fell apart, and by the time they arrested him he was a suspect. Families of the victims are reportedly upset he's not getting the death penalty, but went along with the decision to 'protect others'.

Atlanta Olympic bombing suspect arrested

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wow that's rank. If he blew up anything other than a gay night club, two abortions clinics and an International event, he'd be dead already.

He killed people. This is wrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The whole situation with him is kind of hard to fathom. For a mad bomber/murderer, he sure had a lot of friends and support in the NC hills to avoid capture by the Feds for so long. I don't know what kind of evidence they have linking him to Olympic Park, but it sure ties it all up in a nice neat package for them. A bitter pill for his victim's surviviors, but it may curtail reprisals from the ultra-radical right. Another bloody martyr is just what they need.

join