It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newscientist About KX76 Planet X?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I just found this in the arcives of the newscientist I check there news on a regular basis on the main page but this was not on the main page on the date it was relesed.

www.newscientist.com...

Explainations?

Falcon

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Seems pretty Ho-hum, its not planet X if thats what the implication is....

2001 KX76 is more than 6.4 billion kilometres from the Sun. Its orbit is inclined 20 degrees with respect to the major planets and is thought to be locked in motion with Neptune's orbit, making three orbits of the Sun to Neptune's four.

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

heaps more sites here....

www.google.com...://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap010830.html&e=6807

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 04:49 AM
link   
" The object has a reddish colour that is characteristic of many objects in the outer edges of the solar system. "

Reddish ? But on the starmap , the object is blue.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
" The object has a reddish colour that is characteristic of many objects in the outer edges of the solar system. "

Reddish ? But on the starmap , the object is blue.

Indeed it is. This could well be due to a blueshift, meaning the object is approaching... but if so, for such an obvious blueshift, it would have to be approaching at relativistic speed...

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Blueshift is a SLIGHT change in hue to the blue end of the visible light spectrum. For something red to appear blue because of blueshift, it'd have to be HAULING @** like nobody's business. Also, I think that image was colorized, as many images of space we see are (to show contrast usually).

new topics

top topics

join