It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Man put on trial for conspiracy theory murder case.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
37 years old Andrew George has been put on trial for the murder of Hilda Murrell in 1984. The prosecution claims the murder was a result of a burglary gone wrong. The murder of anti-nuclear activist Murrell has been the target for numerous conspiracy theories. MI5 and The Security Service were among those blamed for the killing of the 78-year-old. George denies murder and kidnap.

www.guardian.co.uk
A teenager from a children's home stabbed, kidnapped and sexually assaulted an elderly anti-nuclear campaigner and dumped her body in woodland where she died of hypothermia, a court heard yesterday.

The jurors at Stafford crown court were urged by the prosecution to "put to the back of your minds" conspiracy theories surrounding the death of Hilda Murrell. She died in March 1984 after disturbing 16-year-old burglar Andrew George at her detached home in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, the court heard.

In June that year, the 78-year-old had been due to present a paper at the public inquiry into Sizewell B nuclear power station because she was concerned about the problem of nuclear waste, prosecutor Richard Latham, told the court.

He said books had been written about the murder, television programmes made and "endless newspaper articles written". He told the jurors: "You might have been aware of the conspiracy theories, but do not allow yourself to become contaminated by what we say is pure speculation - much of it ill-informed and some of it wholly speculative."

A semen-stained tissue, found in her back bedroom, and stains on her underslip matched a DNA profile provided by George. The prosecution say the chances of it matching another man taken randomly from the population were "one in 1bn".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This case is from way before I moved to the UK. Is anyone here familiar with it? It would be interesting to hear your opinion on wether the prosecutions case holds water.

With DNA and fingerprints, it seems like they have the killer though.

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Just a quick intro' fix.

As posted, the accused would have been 2 yrs old at the time of the murder.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

37 years old Andrew George has been put on trial for the murder of Hilda Murrell in 1984.

1984 is 21 years ago.

37 (years old now) -21 (years ago)=16 (years old in 84).

I can't see where the 2 years old comes from.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sorry gekko,
I was never good at maths.

Sanc'.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
No worries mate. Being hung-over from last night, I had t double-check about 23 times myself...

top topics

join