It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best drummer of all time

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This kid is pretty damn good.

Just thought I would share.
www.drumhard.com...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm gonna have to go with Dave Lombardo of Slayer as my choice for number one drummer. And Neil Peart from Rush as a close second.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Tomas Hakke - Meshuggah
No drummers out there have anything on this guy ! He's a freak ..haha

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
if we are talkin popular music its definitly a tie between Neil Pert and John Bonham, but if were just talkin all drummers its without s doubt BUDDY RICH, the greatest jazz drummer and probly the greatesat overall drummer of all time. he revolutionized the instrument.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Nikko McBrain
This is a unique camera angle of Nikko Mcbrain in action!
click here for Nikko's video

Mike Portnoy
sit in his seat and view his drumset

[edit on 6-8-2005 by websurfer]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Neil Peart is my fav...his drum set is amazing and the guy is crazy with the drums.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
My top three are:

1. Lar Ulrich - Metallica (fellow Dane)
2. Ric Allen - Def Leppard
3. Tommy Lee (I know, I know, just like his style).

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
OK, Bonham, Peart, Grohl, Copeland, and of course, Buddy Rich - all great, all geniuses but, how, oh! HOW did you guys leave out Steve Gadd?!

If I had to take only one drummer to a studio to make the recording that would decide if I lived or died or saved the planet from destruction...nobody BUT Steve Gadd would get the call!

On a mission from Gadd,

Al

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ansley Dunbar from early Journey. The guy was sick.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Tomas Haake owns your mother!
:shk:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al Davison
OK, Bonham, Peart, Grohl, Copeland, and of course, Buddy Rich - all great, all geniuses but, how, oh! HOW did you guys leave out Steve Gadd?!

If I had to take only one drummer to a studio to make the recording that would decide if I lived or died or saved the planet from destruction...nobody BUT Steve Gadd would get the call!

On a mission from Gadd,

Al

being a player myself I agree.. There is more to percussion than just flying around the drum kit. The Gadd Concept = Find the grove everything else is bull#.

Don't forget Carter Beuford from Dave Mathews Band. He has all the tech as Peart but WAY more groove. Chad Sexton from 311 is another one of my favorites.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Actually, as a drummer I've had so many that I've considered influences...

Igor Cavalera of Sepultura (he's freakin' phenominal)

Robo of Black Flag and the Misfits

speaking of the Misfits, Dr. Chud is an awesome drummer

I don't know the guys name, but the drummer from Ministry

Tommy Lee (I don't care what anyone says, he might be an imbecile, but he is an excellent drummer)

I'm definitely NOT a metallica fan, but in all seriousness, Lars whats-his-name is very good as well

and of course...

Nicko MacBrain of Iron Maiden

that's all I can think of right now, I'm sure I'll post again...

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Tough to narrow it down, so I'll list my favorites.

1) Dave Lombardo - Slayer /grip inc
2) Dave Witte - discordance axis / municipal waste
3) Nico McBrain - Iron Maiden
4) Neil Peart - rush (I'm not a fan of rush, but that guy has talent!)
5) Max Ward - spazz, capitalist casualties, plutocracy, and 100 other bands.

[edit on 19-7-2006 by outofstep]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
MEEEE!!! hehe. Tommy Lee is the best in my opinion

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm gonna have to say John Bonham or Keith Moon (The Who)....Moby Dick or My Generation anyone?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
vincent paul abbot from PANTERA....
he is the one...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Top three
Neil Peart - Rush
Danny Cary - Tool
Mike Portnoy - Dream Theatre
All of them are amazing.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Eric Carr is the best drummer of all time.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
Best metal drummer = TOMAS HAAKE (Meshuggah)

Hell yeah! Go Sweden.......Also check out Morgan Agren of Mats & Morgan, also with Fredrik Thordendahls special defects.....SICK!!!!!!. Dave Weckl, Joel Rosenblatt....Lot of extremely tight drummers out there.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
OK. First off, Lars can't play in time. But it's all subjective, so who am I to argue. Anyway.......

Lots of great drummers out there, I'll only give you one. Nick D'Virgilio - Spock's Beard. Neal Morse wrote all of SB's first six albums - which NDV plays on - and has three solo efforts under his own name - with Mike Portnoy on drums. NDV blows MP away imho. Not that MP sucks or anything but NDV has more skills. Great jazz feel that MP hasn't got. Here's a song from the first album, from one of the bands first gigs.

www.youtube.com...

There's other stuff there - I just got done looking for this clip - and I have to add that any clips from 2002 on most likely won't have NDV on drums. He's now the lead singer. There is a drum battle with he and Jimmy Keegan, the guy they got to fill his shoes.

Eh, heck with it. I'll list some others not named yet.

Mark Zonder - Fates Warning. Well, he used to be with the band. Great paterns, I have no idea how he writes some of the things he plays.

Scott Rockenfield - Queensryche. Great stuff BITD. Not so much since '95 or so - Promised Land.

Any guy who has played with AC/DC. Great grooves. Simon Wright has done some nice stuff with Dio, but I'll take Vinny Appice in that band over SW any day. Always was a sucker for VA, just liked his style, single bass drum, bouncing on the hi-hat.

Mikkey Dee - King Diamond, Helloween, a million other bands. Not groundbreaking but I like the dude.

Billy Cobham - The Mahavishnu Orchestra, Tommy Bolin's Teaser album. Great solo on The Inner Mounting Flame from TMO.

Oh, I didn't see anyone mention Gene Krupa. He was kinda good BITD.

FWIW, I couldn't care less about John Bonham. Led Zeppelin either, for that matter. I'll take Ian Paice from that generation any day over JB. But that's just me, I never liked LZ that much.

Cheerio!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join