It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Voting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have only just found out that we don't get to vote in the Final round of the Debate Contest the Staff get to vote.

Personally i don't think this is right as we have voted in all the rounds so far so why not the Final round.

What do you all think??

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In over 90% of cases, I think the staff including the Moderators have the nous, the judgment, and the ability to remove personal biases, to adjudge the winner honestly and appropriately.

It might be disappointing to not get to participate in the voting, but, if you think through it clearly and carefully, the opening of the poll to everyone would make it too easy for vote rigging to occur.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm with Masked

i voted for staff.

Participants could pay/reward someone if they voted for them. You can't really bribe staff.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Some good points MaskedAvatar but this is not a General Election..

What is the point of choosing the winners of the heats if we cant choose the actual winner

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Tassadar

I guess the criminally insane would resort to bribing to win an ATS debate, yes.

I was thinking about multiple voting potential that might go along with split (but unified for voting purposes) personalities.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yeah, your right.

But you wouldn't need ot bribe that many people.
Look at the votes from Round 2 of Dragonrider vs. onlyinmydreams.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
It was 20 to 21.

Ok, well the poll wasn't closed, but that's what it was when it closed.

Tassadar

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tassadar
Yeah, I'm with Masked

i voted for staff.

Participants could pay/reward someone if they voted for them. You can't really bribe staff.

Tassadar

Just remember...the staff have their own biases also Policing for multiple new voters would be rather easy for the staff to do..

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well not to many comments on this subject but quite a few votes in favour of the Members voting for the debate final...

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
so.. any comments from the staff?

top topics

join