It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo or satalite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I live in lafayette louisana and about 10 min ago i was wlking back from the store and i noticed a small star that was moveing near orians belt. it kept the same course but about 3 min in to watching it it got alot brighter then dimmed down then it dissapeared. it was moveg extreamly fast. it never came back after it dissapeared.
Give me your opinion of what you think it was...

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Echo4Mike]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It could of been a meteor,if it was moving extremely fast then it couldn't have been a satelite.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Infiltrator
It could of been a meteor,if it was moving extremely fast then it couldn't have been a satelite.

it was moveing way to slow to be a meteor but i'm betting it was moveing around 600 700 mph

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My guess is a meteor that burned up in the atmosphere. Satellites move across the sky pretty slowly. The object getting brighter and then dimming and disappearing would be consistent with a meteor. Ask your friends or someone who might have been out at the same time if they saw it, see what they think, if anyone else saw it.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
he says eather satalite or ufo

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Um... I kinda want it to be a UFO...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It was an Iridium flare from the Iridium 26 comm. satellite.

Info here

Heavens-above.com is a great place to find exactly where and when satellites will pass overhead.

[edit on 4/8/2005 by eaglewingz]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It was a sat. Satelites dont create light. They only reflect it. So when one orbits in to a position where they no longer receive sunlight, they turn dark. Thus making it seem as if they had dissappeared. I know its disapointing. The same thing happened to me before.

As far as speed, i think it depends how high of an orbit that particular sat. is in. If in a low orbit, it would appear to be moving much faster (because it would be, lol.) and of course, the opposite would occur if in a high earth orbit.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
It was an Iridium flare from the Iridium 26 comm. satellite.
[edit on 4/8/2005 by eaglewingz]

Well, I'll be a son of a gun. It really was a satellite, not a meteor. That's a really cool link, I'm going to vote you way above for that, hehe.

top topics

join