It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To "Born Again Christians": Is The Pope In Hell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm curious: How many people of the "Christian" faith (fundalmental, evangelical, born-again) believe, based on Catholic theology, which I assume Pope John Paul II belived in (along with the Blessed virgin being the Co-Redeemer of Christ) In your OPINION is he "saved" and in blissful heaven with Christ The Lord or is he writhing and screaming in torment in burning hell for eternity with no hope? Just wondering!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

This is loaded question...

Q: Do I believe in the majority of catholic ideology.

A: NO

Q Do I believe I'm going to hell for believing differently than the catholic church?

Q: Are catholics going to hell for their interesting off the wall belief structure?

Q: Are child molesting priests going to hell?

A: YES

Q: Are Catholics going to hell?

A: I'm sure

Salvation comes from your heart and personal relationship with Jesus, if you regret your mistakes and ask for forgiveness up to moments before death, even child molesting priests can be saved...

So does the Pope intentionally mislead millions of devout believers and do so without remorse? If so, burn baby burn. Does he believe what he is teaching to be true? If so, I still dont know, because it speaks of this in the Bible when tge priest dies and says he spend his whole life teaching Gods word, and Jesus says unto him I don't even know who you are? (not exact quote but if you are unfamiliar with it, I can find it.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7
I'm curious: How many people of the "Christian" faith (fundalmental, evangelical, born-again) believe, based on Catholic theology, which I assume Pope John Paul II belived in (along with the Blessed virgin being the Co-Redeemer of Christ) In your OPINION is he "saved" and in blissful heaven with Christ The Lord or is he writhing and screaming in torment in burning hell for eternity with no hope? Just wondering!

The answer is, we can't know... No human can know. IMO he's in heaven, but then I have to say I am a born-again/fundamentalist/Anglo-Catholic.
The fact remains, no human gets to say where anyone ends up.
BTW, Catholic theology DOES NOT say that the Virgin Mary is a co-redeemer. I know some fundamentalists believe (or claim to believe) that it does, but that's just ignorance.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparda4355
reply to post by lapi7

This is loaded question...

Q: Do I believe in the majority of catholic ideology.

Q Do I believe I'm going to hell for believing differently than the catholic church?

Q: Are catholics going to hell for their interesting off the wall belief structure?

Q: Are child molesting priests going to hell?

A: YES

Q: Are Catholics going to hell?

A: I'm sure

Salvation comes from your heart and personal relationship with Jesus, if you regret your mistakes and ask for forgiveness up to moments before death, even child molesting priests can be saved...

So does the Pope intentionally mislead millions of devout believers and do so without remorse? If so, burn baby burn. Does he believe what he is teaching to be true? If so, I still dont know, because it speaks of this in the Bible when tge priest dies and says he spend his whole life teaching Gods word, and Jesus says unto him I don't even know who you are? (not exact quote but if you are unfamiliar with it, I can find it.

More ignorance, sadly.
You need to learn what Catholicism actually teaches, not what Brother Elmer down to Bugtussle Baptist done told y'all!
Here's a good start

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7

Pope John Paul II is dead, neither in heaven or in hell.

"Hell"? Wuzzat??

In the Garden, God warned Adam and Eve that if they ate a certain fruit, they would die. He did not also say they would burn in hell. After he killed his brother, Cain was not told by God that he would burn in hell for what he did - actually, God treated him with unexpected kindness. On and on through the entire Bible, no worse punishment is mentioned, including in the Law, worse than death. If hell were real and as horrible as most folks believe, surely God would have told us in Scripture, but its pages are oddly silent on the subject. However, it is a concept so ingrained in our thinking, that few ever realise this.

Think about it - have you EVER read anything about hell that was other than a fiction, or a story made up with nothing to back it up?

Think about this: in the Revelation, Death and Hell (better translated as "the grave") are thrown into the Lake of Fire, being the last enemies defeated by the Lord. Now if sinners are in the agony of hell for all eternity, how is this possible? It makes no sense! The Greek of the NT didn't even have a word with the same meaning as our English "eternity." It really should read, "eon," a time period with a fixed beginning and end - not forever.

Think: If the Gospels are really "Good News," then how is it good news if most people are going to Hell? No, if all are not saved, then God has failed. However, God does not fail, and therefore all are saved.

Some may suffer the second death, but in time, they too will be resurrected and glorified.

Alle, alle, all in free!

top topics

join