It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Volcano in Yellowstone Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
BBC Watchers

www.bbc.co.uk...

Discovery Watchers

dsc.discovery.com...

this show looks amazing!!!

it is actually a TV movie based on a true story, that didn't happin yet...

i cannot wait!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
TSA, thanks.

I almost didn't even check out the thread, since it said BBC. Very cool that the Discovery Channel will show it, too.

April 10, I can't wait!

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sweet. Looks awsome...this is going to be the first time a lot of people hear about this

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
yes...

i think it is a good idea that this show is made...

it will "warn" people that this even WILL happin SOON...

i heard that it could happin in about 100 years

this is SOON...

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This will be a great show. I have often wondered what it may look like if Yellowstone blew.
Thanks for the links.
Not sure where I had seen it before but there was a map that showed how much land would be affected if this happened. I was more than happy to see it would not get my state. Ofcourse this could change. Just hope not. Hope it does'nt blow at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If it goes, the entire continent of N. America will probably perish. Mass starvation, chaos, eg......

Interesting to consider but I think people are a little paranoid with all the abnormal weather lately. I tend to view it this way, we all die someday, why not go out with a bang.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
This will be a great show. I have often wondered what it may look like if Yellowstone blew.
Thanks for the links.
Not sure where I had seen it before but there was a map that showed how much land would be affected if this happened. I was more than happy to see it would not get my state. Ofcourse this could change. Just hope not. Hope it does'nt blow at all.

here is what you might be looking for...

some more info:

www.livescience.com...

ENJOY!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Its a pretty awesome 2 part series. Of course the effects are subpar but what you expect? The acting is somewhat decent. Im pretty sure the Discovery version will be edited since theres a scene or two on the BBC one that wouldnt be suitable for american tv
. Very good and somewhat scary.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Scene or two that wouldn't be appropriate? Does that mean nudity?

I'm buying the BBC DVD!

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
No nudity. But im pretty sure Discovery may censor out a dead body or two.
. Sorry to laugh but I think one of the pictures shown in it is that of an actualy dead body which the person was killed by a Pyroclastic flow. (Dunno if I said that right). Its pretty good.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is an upcoming event.
I'm bumping it up for all to see.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
This is an upcoming event.
I'm bumping it up for all to see.

this is a good idea...

BTW AndrewTB...

niiiice avatar...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I even went so far as to have the e-mail updates done by discovery -- for each time it is shown just in case I miss it the first time.

Thanks for the heads up on this -- I had seen the advertisement for it but didn't remembe when it was going to be on. It looks like it will be interesting.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Justme, cool idea.
I just went and signed up to be reminded, too.
I am such a sucker for email and calendar reminders

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There is going to be a tv special on the Discovery Channel showing what will happen if the volcano really erupted.I heard it is going to erupt pretty soon.It comes on Sunday at 8:00pm Eastern time.I think you all might be interested in this.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I thought there was another thread on this.
Anyway, if you go to Discovery's website, it has the schedule for that show. It will be repeated at least two more times in April, on another nite and on a weekend aftrnoon, I think.
You can also sign up for email reminders for the Discovery shows.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
For all who are interested, check out The Yellowstone Supercaldera Research Project right here at ATS.

who needs discovery...

new topics

top topics

join