It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Booed At Pope's Funeral (from ATSNN)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Liberating 50 million people isn't peaceful? Check out my avatar. Iraq and Afghanistan are better off now, thanks to Bush!

You really think that's what the invasion was about? Good thing the world at large is not as dumbed down as you seem to be Carseller, sorry to say.

If the invasion was really about being freedom and liberty to the Iraqi's, do you think most of the planet would really be against Bush? Think about it....I mean, really think about it and try to look at it from a world perspective.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well, as it stands right now, Iraq is 'free' and liberated [liberty], has had elections, has a president and two vice-presidents, and is working on a Constitution of its own.

The war may have been wrong, but Iraq does have freedom and has liberty.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wise words Seekerof, but whats scarey is since this one seemed to work whats to say the administration wont go bonkers and try it elsewhere, and again and again.... until one day....

I think the booing is human nature even at a burial. At least lets be grateful it was confined to some booing only. You know?

2million people from all over the world and NO ARRESTS. Wow.
Get 50 of us together in a street corner and see what happens..LOL

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Yea!

Thats right! Boo him every chance you get!

I do every chance I get.

I even draw silly mustaches on him in the paper

Oh well If I saw someone who's presence I felt was disrespectful at a funeral I was attending I would boo too decorum be damned.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by boogyman]

[edit on 8-4-2005 by boogyman]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
you cant kill thousands of people and not get boo'd by at least some. the day you can im putting a bullet in my head. (becasue it will mean i am the last good person on earth).

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well I guess the "home land security" and the "secret service" had not time to hand pick the people in attendace......been in a foreign country and all.........I guess life goes on as usual on the other side of th world.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

as posted by boogyman
Oh well If I saw someone who's presence I felt was disrespectful at a funeral I was attending I would boo too decorum be damned.

If what you have said is true about what you would do, then allow me to place a hypothetical before you:

Say I knew your father.
He had done some things that I, and others, did not agree with.
Your father passes away.
The funeral is open to the public.
I, and a few others, come to the funeral.
You are there.
I, and those with me, boo him during the funeral service, among your family, friends, and those who are there to pay him their final best wishes, etc.
You wouldn't have a problem with that, would you?

Now, knowing that I have asked this in a public forum, your response will undoubtedly be [the bravado thing here] that you wouldn't be offended by the breach of "decorum" at your father's funeral service?

And of course, you will also say that this is entirely different case and such, correct?

IMHO, the principle of the matter is the same.....

seekerof

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Skip. of course they should have the freedom to BOO bush. they should also have the decency not to cause a division and BOO at JOHN PAUL'S funeral. I mean why are they really there?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What did you expect? Mr Bush may get a clap when he tenders his resignation.. not me - him has caused his own self dis-respect. Mr Bushs' burned almost all his bridges.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting. What a complete and utter lack of class, tact, and respect.

SHAME ON ANYONE WHO WOULD DO THAT!

That is completely inapropriate at ANY funeral, much less the POPES funeral. Didn't any of these people have any sense of right and wrong?

For those of you who actually think this is OK, ask yourself if it would be OK if someone booed someone else at your fathers funeral, your mothers funeral, your sisters funeral, your brothers funeral, your friends funeral, your wife or husbands funeral......

YOu are all so blinded by your hatred of Bush, that you would do or advocate one of the most rude and disrespectfull acts I have ever heard of.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
if my father did 1/2 the ill # bush did I WOULD BOO HIM MYSELF.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
So people booed at a funeral...stop making a big smokescreen to misdirect the fact a great deal of people think Bush is arse by steering it towards a discussion on the 'right and wrongs' of what to do at funerals.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Noone finds 2 million people walking past and gawking at a dead body laying on a slab(you may call it an alter I call it a slab)tacky?

Personally I find it disgusting!I'm sure JP's body is pretty ripe by now.

People show their displeasure with G.W.B and are called disrespectful?
Just because it happens to be at a funeral?Just because it's the pope's funeral we should all bite our tongues?From my understanding it wasn't inside but outside when they showed Bush on the big screen anyway.

Do you think the pope cares if someone gets booed at his funeral?Do you think you'll care if it's done at your funeral?Somehow I don't think you will.

Yes go ahead and ask me if I would feel the same if it was done at one of my relatives funerals.No I wouldn't care.Why?Because I wouldn't be there.

People think the booers are sick...well I think anyone that would sit in the same room with a rotting corpse is sick.

Ever been in a store and seen a couple fighting or a mother screaming and smackin her kids around?People don't care where they are when they get angry.But to say people can't express their feelings just because it's disrespetful to a dead body?Gimme a break!

I don't think Bush should be there at all.He has caused the deaths of thousands...American and Iraqi alike...and all because he said god talks to him and told him to.I guess none of you find that sick though huh?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The simple fact is half of America hates him and the entire rest of the world hates him too.

Iraqi's would be better off with Saddam.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Lots of opinions on this, but very few have actually read the entire article.

although the facts are still the same, Bush was Booed in St Peters Square.. I only wish he was booed everywhere he goes. I cannot express how much I hate the man.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mickmeaney
Lots of opinions on this, but very few have actually read the entire article.

although the facts are still the same, Bush was Booed in St Peters Square.. I only wish he was booed everywhere he goes. I cannot express how much I hate the man.

You don't need to, friend, because I feel the exact same way. I cringe when I see or hear him on tv. Heck, sometimes I even holler and boo at the tv! Every word out of his mouth is a lie. He and his gang of thugs are laughing in America's face. So I understand exactly how those people in Rome felt. It was almost an insult for Bush to be there. JP2 would likely have booed him too if he could!

[edit on 9/4/05 by AlwaysLearning]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I wonder what the feeling here at ATS would be if it were Chirac who was booed at the funeral...

Would you like some polarity with that?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mickmeaney

That will never happen...........at least on the US...........his crow is hand picked where he goes............so not embarrassment comes to harm him, and he can still live in his bubble of happiness.

Wall street did an outstanding job with the re-election of Bush, they will make sure he will remains happy in their favor.

And Yes the pope care less who got what during his funeral, the day he passed away is the day that he was not longer tie to human feelings and emotions.

He is for ever now back home with his creator, he is not longer attach to the trials of life in earth.

We still are.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

The war may have been wrong, but Iraq does have freedom and has liberty.

seekerof

And ATS has its jokers.

Iraq is occupied territory, pure and simple.

The role of the US and the dwindling "coalition of the willing" is not exactly peacekeeping. It is engineering specific pre-determined strategic outcomes (some of them under the guise of "democracy"), nothing at all to do with liberation.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Shows just how much class those folks had, sad really.

Booing him when he is at a funeral. TACKY.

As much as I dislike Bush, I'm going to have to agree with edsigner on this one. There is a time to set aside your personal grudges and respect the most influential figure of our recent times (The Pope, not Bush)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join