It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Booed At Pope's Funeral (from ATSNN)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Today crowds booed President Bush as he appeared on screen at St Peters Square during the Pope's funeral. 40 members of US-congress attended and Bush was joined by his father, Bill Clinton and Condoleezza Rice.

rinf.com
It was a historic moment: as President George W. Bush participated in the funeral of a Pope - in spite of its dispute with the Pontiff over the Iraq-war, whistles and boos could be heard when close-up pictures of Bush were transmitted, reports German news network Spiegel.

US President Bush brought a high ranking delegation to Rome which included his father George Bush, predecessor Bill Clinton and Foreign Minister Condoleezza Rice. Bush had a place in the second row of the honor guests in St Peters Square. The seats were arranged in alphabetical sequence, next to Bush sat French President Jacques Chirac.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The original story is in German.

Related News Links:
www.spiegel.de

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yea!

Thats right! Boo him every chance you get!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Shame bush got booed.

One man is about war, and one is about peace.

Sad day indeed.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Shows just how much class those folks had, sad really.

Booing him when he is at a funeral. TACKY.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Spiegel is so biased against Bush they'd probably boo Bush themselves and cover it as news. I saw this live and didn't see any booing. Edsinger is right, if anyone did this, it just shows how stupid, tacky and disrespectful THEY are, it says nothing about Bush.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Booing Bush is good yes (though not at a funeral), but you need to work on this article of yours. Your opinion paragraph is "The original story is in German.". Anything else you would like to add?

[edit on 8-4-2005 by iceofspades]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
so applauding at a funeral isn't tacky, but booing at a forgien wormongering leader is?

Personally I think Bush is far too insulated from disenting public even tho his approvel rating is below 50%. it is times like these that the majority only has it's say when it is only in line with the Bush administrations wishes.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
People have the right to express as they so desire and I'm all for it, but todays event(s) were not about Bush, the were about the death of Pope John Paul II.

*shakes head*

seekerof

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
why boo bush???

he is like Christ...

fighting evil...

JK...

link   
it is wrong if youre a true christian, the whole turn your cheek pray for your enemies thing, the pope wouldnt approve such behavior if he was alive.

link   
but how often do people, from all walks of life, get to show Bush, in person, what the world thinks of him?

I say well done! The man, his gang of thugs and their politics are hated world wide and not even a sad day could stifle that.

Jean Paul II was about peace...Bush certainly is not.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
From what i heard, they only booed when a large screen tv downtown Rome flashed an image of Bush and Laura. Some people cant help themselves even at a funeral.
The pope is gone but the politics continue.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
noone knows common decency and respect i see, theres a time for viocing opinion and a time for shutting up you know...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I beleive that the fact that 2 million people went without one single arrest speaks volumes of all those in attendance.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thats really too bad that ignorant people couldn't set aside their differences for at least three hours and pay their respects to the pope. What a shame.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
seems bush is not well liked. gee i wonder why. perhaps his attack on iraq is viewed by some as the acts of an agresser. how many times have even americans refererd to dear old george as"das furer" how many times has he been compared to "the anti-christ". perhapse it is time to wake up and smell the coffie, a whole lot of people in the world would love to see mr bush with a flagpole up his butt, (preferably one with an eagle atop it).

this does not nessisarily mean that they see the us as evil, but then again many do see the us this way. the us has never been all that well liked. a lot of people think that in general the us and us citizens are arrogant, condecending, self rightious,and bull headed. they see the us as holyer than thou towards others. in fact dureing the cold war many saw the us as "the lesser evil" in comparison to the ussr. again look at a lot of posts seen here. how many times have we seen an anti us comment then like a bolt of lightning someone jumps in with a comment along the lines of you are with us or against us? or you need the us than the us needs you?

it is probably about time that many americans woke up to realize that a good portion of the world, would love to see the us hoisted by it's own standard. face it a good portion of the world would not paticularly care if the us were to fall to a civil war. in fact i could see a bunch of cheering that the o so mighty had fallen. the day of 9-11 a lady at work commented about how happy she was that the us had finaly gotten it's due. personaly she was lucky i was at work and even though i work for an american company i would have been fired on the spot. but this is the reality of what quite alot of people think.

the us tends to go on about how they fought of the tyrany of brittin. well i hate to remind you that the only reason your rebellion worked was because the brits were a little busy fighting a major war with the french at the time. they did not have the manpower at the time to stomp out the rebellion. the us likes to remind others about how they saved the worlds butt dureing ww2. the war could have been over far sooner had the us not been too self involved untill they were attacked by the japanese. these are things many of the world get tired about hearing.

now the us went off on it's own with the aid of brittin and attacked iraq. first to remove the threat of wmd's, oops none found. then it became the war to remove a dictater. well the world is not buying it, sorry guys. much of the world are starting to see the us as a rouge nation. a nation that needs to be stopped. you have become to be seen as the new nazi regime.

gee i wonder why george w bush was booed. now i will tell you i care deeply for the states myself i must as much of my family is there. my grandfathers both fought for the us forces in the pacific. one was a desk puke the other was putting his life on the line every day in the front line and even won medals for his bravery that was close to insanity. but of late i have started to realy question those who are in office. i see the patriot act as a mesure to take away the very freedoms my grandfather fought so hard for. personaly i have very real suspicians that 9-11 may very well have been planed and coordinated from the oval office. i realy hate that thought. it is one i never wanted to feel, but feel it i do.personaly i would rather not see the us torn up and destroyed, but it's actions at the moment are close to criminal if they are not infact criminal. this is what the world is seeing. they are seeing the great us of a in the hands of a mad man.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by drogo]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Sounds like the underground news gateway had a very slow day if you ask me.

Very Tacky story if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I thought only cow's regurgitated, drogo?

You said all that when you simply could have said you agreed with the people booing Bush.

More power to you.

*shakes head II*

seekerof

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysLearning
but how often do people, from all walks of life, get to show Bush, in person, what the world thinks of him?

I say well done! The man, his gang of thugs and their politics are hated world wide and not even a sad day could stifle that.

Jean Paul II was about peace...Bush certainly is not.

Liberating 50 million people isn't peaceful? Check out my avatar. Iraq and Afghanistan are better off now, thanks to Bush!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Are all of you missing the point entirely?

There were no "free speech zones," just actual people at the Pope's funeral. For the first time in a long time an actual real sampling of human beings was there and what did some of them do? Well you got it, they "booed."

So you miss the point of the sheltered life this President has constructed around himself, and not all of it is about security, it is about making him too comfortable. But you can take it to the bank, it should not be surprising to see how that sampling of actual people responded to Bush, you know people who do not have to sign a paper promising they won't say "boo."

St. Peter's Square is just a bit too big and the occasion is just too open to expect different, or to expect the usual screening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join