It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gitmo tribunal president: 'I don't care about international law'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrpaddy
I believe what sminkeypinkey was reffering to was the vast amount of money that is donated by americans to terrorist organisations in Northern Ireland.

- Quite so.

I also think the fashion for imagining 9/11 the worst ever a tad more than callous.

Here's hoping you never have a 30yrs worth of small medium and large no-warning (or deliberately misleading warning) bombs go off in your town/city centres/country and see how mot such a big deal you find it.

I'm not trying to play down 9/11 but I find this implied heirarchy of terrorist suffering more than a little repellant.

Along with the sanctimonious US gov attitude (and huge memory lapses) re terrorism/state terrorism these days.

We either live by the law or suffer lawlessness.......and frankly it's bad enough when individuals won't abide by the law, when states start at that it's downright scary.

I don't want my country becoming the barbarian (and just using different excuses/'reasons')

[edit on 11-4-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
I also think the fashion for imagining 9/11 the worst ever a tad more than callous.

Here's hoping you never have a 30yrs worth of small medium and large no-warning (or deliberately misleading warning) bombs go off in your town/city centres/country and see how mot such a big deal you find it.

I'm not trying to play down 9/11 but I find this implied heirarchy of terrorist suffering more than a little repellant.

Along with the sanctimonious US gov attitude (and huge memory lapses) re terrorism/state terrorism these days.

We either live by the law or suffer lawlessness.......and frankly it's bad enough when individuals won't abide by the law, when states start at that it's downright scary.

I don't want my country becoming the barbarian (and just using different excuses/'reasons')

I don't know where you get that I have ever once discounted ANY terrorist attacks as lesser than 9/11. I think you're trying to create a villain where there is not one. My point was merely that some Americans were affected to such an extreme, possibly because of the sudden nature, as well as the magnitude of that single attack. It's a matter of human psychology, not who has gone through more suffering. And as for my country becoming the barbarian, take a little time and read the thread, you might find I feel exactly as you do on that matter. But I'm sure you instead will continue, for some reason, to make false claims that I think 9/11 was worse than your continued struggle in Ireland, which I never have.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
LA_Max

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Originally posted by 27jd
And Bill Hicks does rule.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah Right, I keep waiting for Hicks to make a common-sense answer, but Im not gonna hold my breath.

Heres your problem Hicks...Your angry because "your kind" is finished in America. Your all washed up, we're on to you.....last election you got hit hard and its gonna get worse.

The Democrats twisted sense of "values" is not accepted by most regular Americans and the only way the Democrats can push their agenda on the rest of us is thru the international courts. The Democrats are pushing for the US to give up her soverignty to the SICK, TWISTED, CORRUPT International Courts....and it won't happen.

Not while "my Kind" lives. These Terrorist Punks we have locked up are gonna HANG....you hear me? Hang!! Theres not a Damn thing you can do about it....

Maximu§

Thats is man, keep on ranting.

The favourite trick of the weak, ineffectual and inadequate is to externalise their rage.

You and your current administration are prime examples of that.

However, you are just a passing phase.

The reality of the world is that you are both anachronisms. Your time has passed and this is a last gasp before you disappear forever.

Enjoy it, because when you are gone no one will mourn the passing of the Moron Age.

No matter how many you kill with your "SICK, TWISTED, CORRUPT..sense of values" only means that you hasten your demise.

Cheers

BHR

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join