It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing footage of how an octopus defends itself...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urn
that has to be fake......sure they can change colours, but i'm pretty sure octipi don't have the ability to make their eyes disapear like that....
it's eye completely vanished and took the shape of sea weed??

Sorry to amaze you but YES THEY CAN!
That is NOT fake footage, thats the real deal........so little has been learned so far about these creatures.
They are the MOST amazing camaflage genious of the entire planet.......HOW? the brain they have is amazing.......working faster than computors, and can take about ANY shape let alone seaweed, or other creatures even. They can change they're texture as fast as a color.
I have seen footage od Octapi swimming across a colorfull area and they change to match WHATEVER they are near...they can even look like sand.......they are easy to loose if your not watching carefully and they mean it to be that way.

Octapi are gentle and careing lovers to their mates........I dont know if they mate for life or not but I woulnd not be a bit surprised if they do......

[edit on 10-4-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I bet the military already has its black scientist attempting to discover the octupus's camo abilities. Just imagine combing our stealth technology of today and a octopus's ability to camoflauge!

jra

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   
As other's have stated, it is indeed real... the first time i saw it I thought it was CG, but quickly learned that it was not. It really is amazing what they can do. I just wish the video wasn't so compressed, it would be nice to see this at a higher resolution, it would probably look more real if it was higher quality.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Fox
I bet the military already has its black scientist attempting to discover the octupus's camo abilities. Just imagine combing our stealth technology of today and a octopus's ability to camoflauge!

Oh so its the Black scientist is it? You sir are a racist

Urn

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
hmm....i stand corrected.

well, all i can say is WOW!! i am very impressed....

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I agree with the low res theory. It seems fake cause of the patchy way it camos in reverse, on my comp I can see the patchyness dissapearing with the camo as though it was put on but I wouldn't be surprised if it was real after watching the documentory channel a few thousand times.

The history channel is just boring, WW1... WW2... Vietnam... samo samo Egypt tales... hey, lets have more on the nazis

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by An Entity
I agree with the low res theory. It seems fake cause of the patchy way it camos in reverse, on my comp I can see the patchyness dissapearing with the camo as though it was put on but I wouldn't be surprised if it was real after watching the documentory channel a few thousand times.

The history channel is just boring, WW1... WW2... Vietnam... samo samo Egypt tales... hey, lets have more on the nazis

did you read any of the posts here???

it IS real!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I think you've misread me actually.

Not the first to do so by any means so its cool.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
When I was about 8 years old I caught an octopus off of a dock in Alaska, and not only can they change color to almost seem invisible...but they can go all spikey and scare the crap out of you. This thing tried to drag me and 2 buddies into the water! LOL

(I think about it now and feel bad for the poor thing cause we gaffed it about 10 times trying to rip its hold it had on the pilings of the dock)

Good thing the line snapped and it knew it was free cause I hate to think what would of happened if we had actually gotten grabbed. They are incredible creatures.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This thread makes me want to sing and Octapus song...but I do not know ANY Octapus songs....

They need a song.............I am thinking......

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
This thread makes me want to sing and Octapus song...but I do not know ANY Octapus songs....

They need a song.............I am thinking......

Google is your friend. (I'm not flaming there btw !).

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
kool links:

www.pbs.org...

www.tonmo.com...

ENJOY!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I am in total awe. I bow down to this sorcerer of the deep.

www.australiancephalopods.com...

[edit on 11-4-2005 by Zipdot]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
I am in total awe. I bow down to this sorcerer of the deep.

www.australiancephalopods.com...

[edit on 11-4-2005 by Zipdot]

Oh, thats hillarious! Talk about 'claming up"!

Those little buggers are damn smart

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join