It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm losing too much weight!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Greetings folks. i have within the past year started losing weight at a fairly steady pace. my metabolism has always been pretty fast, which i am told could account for it. but i never lost weight like this before. i also eat the same amount and size of meals every day, roughly. just for the record, i am not bulemic, anorexic, or vegan. i'm wondering if i may have a parasite that could cause this weight loss, so if anybody knows anything that could help, please do. thank you

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
my first suggestion would be to see a doc about this,

to rule out any medical reasons,

How much weight have you lost? And to you feel well normally?

[edit on 8-4-2005 by asala]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
i feel ok most of the time, of course i get sick every now an then, but i normally have energy and feel in good physical condition. i would say that when this started i weighed about 145-150. my last check up was in october and i weighed 138 then. but those around me are always telling me that i am still losing weight.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You could have some kind of medical condition you are unaware of, such as an overactive thyroid or something else. Maybe you should try eating more food, and if you are still losing weight, go see a doctor. Try eating 4-5 meals throughout the day...try to eat more carbs and protein.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Yes i've been told to eat more food. but after the normal meals, i'm just not hungry. i don't know very much about carbs and protein, but i eat what would seem to be healthy foods. i eat steak at least twice a week. spaghetti, chicken, fish, that sort of thing on other nights. i'd say i only eat lunch 3-4 times a week, just not hungry. would protein shakes help?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Are you taking any medications that could cause you to lose weight (or appetite loss) as a side effect? Just a thought. If not, I would definitely say that a check-up is in order, just to be on the safe side.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
no i don't take any kind of meds except the occasional aspirin for a headache. i don't usually get sick either, probably only really bad once a year. so, i guess a check up is in order

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sorry to not be of much help. Good Luck to you Space_CowBoy!! I'll send a prayer your way.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainpain
Sorry to not be of much help. Good Luck to you Space_CowBoy!! I'll send a prayer your way.

Thank you very much.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Eat nothing but cheeseburgers and youll get that weight back in no time.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I doubt their is a trained medical person here at ATS. Go directly to the Doctor mate.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Fox
I doubt their is a trained medical person here at ATS. Go directly to the Doctor mate.

Yeah, i was just wondering if anyone else had heard of something like this.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Actually, there are a few members who are doctors, nurses, etc. However, for lawsuit reasons, they aren't about to dispense a diagnosis over the web.

Another possibility is a parasite such as a tapeworm. Of course, go to a doctor, and simply explain your symptoms. A thyroid condition is a likely candidate. One thing you could try, is drinking more soda, and grazing throughout the day, at least to put some weight back. Nothing makes one gain weight like soda....

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Actually, there are a few members who are doctors, nurses, etc. However, for lawsuit reasons, they aren't about to dispense a diagnosis over the web.

Another possibility is a parasite such as a tapeworm. Of course, go to a doctor, and simply explain your symptoms. A thyroid condition is a likely candidate. One thing you could try, is drinking more soda, and grazing throughout the day, at least to put some weight back. Nothing makes one gain weight like soda....

Yeah i drink LOTS of soda. probably 4-5 24 oz. bottles a day. i eat as much as i can until i am full. but it seems that i do not eat very much before i can't eat any more. thanks folks

top topics

join