It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be a sin to kill evil people?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Is it still wrong to judge someone if that judgement is based upon fact?

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It is not a sin in the sense you are thinking of ...the sin you are thinking of is not the actual the destruction part but........stay with me now.......the sin is who are you to judge which is evil and not........Judge not those things that are good or evil for only God may judge and will judge all according to his deeds.....

Kinda a catch 22 effect huh? did you see that one coming when you woke up thi morning and thought of this thread.

Its beautiful how things work ....do one get caught by another one do another and get caught by yet another ....when the key is just to understand the point God hid in plane sight for you to see.....God is running the show....you are just participating.

[edit on 14/4/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

the sin is who are you to judge which is evil and not

So what is the death penalty then....or the court system....we judge here on earth and hand out punishment here on earth....God is not involved in the process.....

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
i think the idea of SIN only relates to Christian religion, but im not sure. I dont know if other religions call it the same name or something else ??

The Commandent is "THOU SHALT NOT COMMICT MURDER", but it has been translated to "THOU SHALT NOT KILL", which is not the same thing.

To commict murder is to kill someone out of no reason, out of pure evil.

I dont not believ the commandement aplies to situations of self-defense, and self-defense ONLY.

If you knew Hitler when he was young and knew he would turn evil, and decide to kill him, that would be MURDER, because at that time he hadnt commict any crime yet, and you would be stopping is free-will of maybe following a different path.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare.

Kiling is evil, even if it is aimed at evil people. That's why we have prisons and life sentences. I think restraint is better than termination. If someone was about to "kill" me, I would defend myself. But if the "evil" killer had already commited his/her crimes, killing that killer would not undo that which had already been done, and it would not serve to bring any justice or revive those already killed, and the corrective act of killing the killer would be considered an equally evil act.

[edit on 14/4/05 by aSEEKER]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The graver error lies in committing that which we are trying to omit.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Kiling is evil, even if it is aimed at evil people. That's why we have prisons and life sentences

................And electric chairs, and lethal injection......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join