It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it be a sin to kill evil people?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Is killing bad people a bad thing?...would it be a sin to destroy what is evil? What do you all think...Where is the line here.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If you knew Hitler when he was young, and could forsee the future, would you have eliminated him? (Thank you, SK
)

Depends on whether you believe in fate or not.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Uforia_
Is killing bad people a bad thing?...would it be a sin to destroy what is evil? What do you all think...Where is the line here.

Depends on what religion you practice, I guess a better scenerio would be if the guy living next door to you was hacking up little kids in his basement. Would it be a sin to kill him? Me personally I wouldn't see anywrong with taking a couple of shots with a shotgun at him. but i guess it depends on if you enjoy killing people whether they are good or bad.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by bordnlazy]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
You should only kill someone if its in self defence. Guys comes charging at you with a leadpipe and you got a 9 mil. Give it a shot. I would try to aim for the guys legs though. If they are not in a position to cause harm, say if they were already in jail, it would be wrong. Two wrongs dont make a right.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I would think it is wrong to kill anyone, no matter how bad you may think they are. I think it would be accurate to say that no person has ever thought of themselves as "bad" or "evil"... so who's opinion has the most authority?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by velouria3
I would think it is wrong to kill anyone, no matter how bad you may think they are. I think it would be accurate to say that no person has ever thought of themselves as "bad" or "evil"... so who's opinion has the most authority?

I agree....we can only judge them with our opinion ....which our opinion cannot hold true on someone elses opinion.....

So to judge someone on who he is and to condemn him/her because of what we beleive is right is wrong.....

Quote///Uforia....would it be a sin to destroy what is evil?
Yes, because how can we 'judge'' another when we ourselves are guilty of one thing or another?
So , to condemn another would be going against what we are guilty of.......
We can hate the ACTION commited.......but to kill is wrong.......are we not then guilty of sin ourselves!
If we kill .......dont we then put ourselves in that same situation of the person whom we killed........dont we put ourselves on that same level and have others do to us as we have done to them........
We on ourselves cannot destroy Evil......because evil exists and so does good........
we do have a choice though.....to destroy evil in ourselves....
helen....
sorry hope that makes some sense....

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Two wrongs dont make a right.

True, but two Wongs can make it white! But seriously, I have to say Uforia. If someone is evil, take him/her out. We need more vigilantes!! Give them a list of the scum of the planet and have them clean it up!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

If you knew Hitler when he was young, and could forsee the future, would you have eliminated him?

Yes.

....we can only judge them with our opinion

Really now....what is a law then....why do we send people to jail....If someone say brutally murders a bunch of young girls then hes evil....thats not an opinion...thats a fact...

[edit on 9-4-2005 by _Uforia_]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Really now....what is a law then....why do we send people to jail....If someone say brutally murders a bunch of young girls then hes evil....thats not an opinion...thats a fact...

What if the person who did the murdering saw the future and knew that the girls would become a ruling council that makes the reign of Hitler look tame? Is it still a fact that he is evil? If not, what's the difference?

[edit on 9-4-2005 by Raphael_UO]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
heres the people you talk to about something like this:

The Boondock Saints

'Nough said.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

What if the person who did the murdering saw the future

one problem people cant see into the future

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
"In the eye of the beholder".Evil has a different meaning to most because we all have our own opinions on the action that took place.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

one problem people cant see into the future

The inability to see the future didn't seem to be a problem to you when you were considering killing a young Hilter.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Killing an evil person, without it being self-defense, would only be considered evil. Is it your place to say who is evil and who isn't? That is if we are talking christianity. The clear answer to this is in Jesus' sayings, "Judge not lest ye be jugded" and "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Essentially he says don't judge people because you have sinned yourself. Leave it to God to do that.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

If you knew Hitler when he was young, and could forsee the future, would you have eliminated him?

That was the question posed to me....and so i gave an answer......

unfortunately...nobody can see into the future......

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hmmm, well, according to christians eating meat on a friday is a sin, so evil, so am I allowed to kill anyone who eats meat on a friday? Also, according to christian rules you thought it, you did it, so if someone even thinks about having pre-marital sex like "Damn she looks good, if I had the chance I would." they are sinning, so evil, so am I allowed to kill them?

Who's def. of evil? According to christians drowning children in a bath tub isn't evil, it's god's work.(Yates case, defended her ACTIONS!!!!! OF DROWNING HER KIDS ONE AFTER THE OTHER!!!!)

Or ok, kill evil people, so I am not doing anything illegal when I kill the Bush Administration? HELL YEA!

So........ who's def. of evil? My definition? Alright, bye bye child rapists, I mean catholic church. Wait, same thing..... Bye bye racist rednecks, I mean red states/CSA/Slave states..... same thing. Bye bye corrupt politicians, I mean republicans...... same thing. I like your idea of being allowed to kill evil people, as long as it's my definition of evil.......(get it? how do you judge evil? One evil to you may not be evil to another, PETA version of evil is saving millions of humans by exp. on animals, so by that definition of evil PETA would be allowed to kill anyone who uses Insulin for diabetes, wait, the Vice President of PETA uses Insulin.... so they would be killing themselves, do it!)

Yes, killing litle kids is evil, but so is raping them, and the church seems to have no problem with that. In fact the man who covered up the past 4 decades of child rapings finally died of old age and over a billion people mourned. WTF? People pissed off at Clinton cause he got a blowjob inbetween making the greatest economy ever and largest surplus ever, but mourn the guy who blessed raping children for 40 years.....

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Yes, killing litle kids is evil, but so is raping them, and the church seems to have no problem with that

Your so right it hurts here.........................my def of evil is simply that...my def....really try not to put too much stock in what the church says.....

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well judging is wrong, so judging someone as evil is wrong and killing is very wrong. So to kill someone you have judged to be evil is awfully wrong, I assume.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So if someone murders all the people you love or hold dear....it would be wrong for you to judge them as evil????

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Hmmm, well, according to christians eating meat on a friday is a sin, so evil, so am I allowed to kill anyone who eats meat on a friday? Also, according to christian rules you thought it, you did it, so if someone even thinks about having pre-marital sex like "Damn she looks good, if I had the chance I would." they are sinning, so evil, so am I allowed to kill them?

Who's def. of evil? According to christians drowning children in a bath tub isn't evil, it's god's work.(Yates case, defended her ACTIONS!!!!! OF DROWNING HER KIDS ONE AFTER THE OTHER!!!!)

Or ok, kill evil people, so I am not doing anything illegal when I kill the Bush Administration? HELL YEA!

So........ who's def. of evil? My definition? Alright, bye bye child rapists, I mean catholic church. Wait, same thing..... Bye bye racist rednecks, I mean red states/CSA/Slave states..... same thing. Bye bye corrupt politicians, I mean republicans...... same thing. I like your idea of being allowed to kill evil people, as long as it's my definition of evil.......(get it? how do you judge evil? One evil to you may not be evil to another, PETA version of evil is saving millions of humans by exp. on animals, so by that definition of evil PETA would be allowed to kill anyone who uses Insulin for diabetes, wait, the Vice President of PETA uses Insulin.... so they would be killing themselves, do it!)

Yes, killing litle kids is evil, but so is raping them, and the church seems to have no problem with that. In fact the man who covered up the past 4 decades of child rapings finally died of old age and over a billion people mourned. WTF? People pissed off at Clinton cause he got a blowjob inbetween making the greatest economy ever and largest surplus ever, but mourn the guy who blessed raping children for 40 years.....

no no no, it is according to CATHOLICS you can't eat meet on a friday of lent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join