It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli president speaks with Iran's President Khatami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

LONDON, April 8 (IranMania) - Israeli President Moshe Katzav shook the hand of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and spoke in Persian with Iranian President Mohammad Khatami Friday at the pope's funeral, public radio reported.
www.iranmania.com...
I hope things get better between the two countries.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This looks real good and nothing bad could come from it except of course a Muslim fanatic shooting Khatami much like what happened to Anwar Sadat.

Let's hope that doesn't happen. Remember these people are just figureheads without much if any power but it is cool that these two humans could put away their national bickering and just talk about a long gone childhood in a town where they both were born.

Not so different then we think.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
You never know, maybe things get better between Iran and Israel.

Sep

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
This looks real good and nothing bad could come from it except of course a Muslim fanatic shooting Khatami much like what happened to Anwar Sadat.

Or the assasination of the Israel president by Jewish extrimists just like Yitzhak Rabin.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Of course Khatami is denying the whole affair. It never happened.
President Katsav is a Persian Jew who came from the same city as Khatami and that was what they discussed according to Katsav. It would be nice if the Iranians could be a bit more honest and not lie at every chance they get.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Khatamis a Jew?! And he's denying it?!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Khatamis a Jew?! And he's denying it?!

If Khatami is a Jew I'm from Mars!!!

What was said in my previous post is that Khatami and Katsav discussed the city Yazd in which both were born in.

see www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1112926804696

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Oops I read your post too fast. My mistake.

Sep

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
Of course Khatami is denying the whole affair. It never happened.
President Katsav is a Persian Jew who came from the same city as Khatami and that was what they discussed according to Katsav. It would be nice if the Iranians could be a bit more honest and not lie at every chance they get.

there were many photographers there, where is the picture showing them shaking hands?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Is it just me? I find it amazing that President of Iran and President of Israel are from the same city
I mean how bizzare can affairs get? two country that are each others archenemies have their presidents come from the same town??????

Ps. Khatemi denied shaking hand! he didnot deny talking to him! so my best guess is they talked but did not shake hand

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The nations' leaders were seated alphabetically according to all news sources. I do not find it hard to believe that the leadership of Iran and Isreal had a conversation.

As a Persian Jew Katsav is probably fluent in the same language as Khatami and I don't doubt that they exchanged greetings at the event.

The Pope inspired a lot of people in his long tenure. It would be fitting if even in death he inspired two people who don't see eye to eye to be civil.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just because two enemies shake hands and say few words doesn't mean hope is all on the up and up. It's a courteous matter to do that during a major funeral like the Pope, in which, virtually, all politics were put aside and world leaders to pay their respects.

It doesn't change anything between Iran and Israel.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
here is some more info

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I agree with oleneo that it's more courtesy than anything else. After all, at the same gathering Jacques Chirac elegantly kissed Condi Rice's hand. I see the world leaders as a bunch of rambunctious kids "behaving" for their benevolent yet formidable grandfather who just died.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
I agree with oleneo that it's more courtesy than anything else. After all, at the same gathering Jacques Chirac elegantly kissed Condi Rice's hand. I see the world leaders as a bunch of rambunctious kids "behaving" for their benevolent yet formidable grandfather who just died.

I dont care if they shook hand or not. What amazes me is that they are from the same city!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Did you know that the Israeli Minister of Defense is a Persian Jew as well and spoke live on the radio with Iranians in Iran.

One called called up and asked for Israel to liberate the Iranians like the Americans liberated the Iraqis. I know some of you would think that that the call was staged but just search the internet and you'll see how much animocity there is amongst Iranians against the current regime.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
Did you know that the Israeli Minister of Defense is a Persian Jew as well and spoke live on the radio with Iranians in Iran.

One called called up and asked for Israel to liberate the Iranians like the Americans liberated the Iraqis. I know some of you would think that that the call was staged but just search the internet and you'll see how much animocity there is amongst Iranians against the current regime.

as a matter of fact I have the same request
without destroying Iran though, please

new topics

top topics

join