It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mormon Conspiracy to convert the world into Mormons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
An issue that most others who have written about the Mormon Church have left untouched, namely the political ambitions of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and how they have become successful toward this goal, unnoticed by the majority of Americans.

more info at: mormonconspiracy.com...

- Over sixty thousand fully-trained, adequately financed and prepared Mormon missionaries are serving in all parts of the United States and in over 124 countries around the world.

- Many Mormon men have been hired by the FBI, a preponderance when considering their proportion to the percentage of the population.

- The church utilizes radio and television stations throughout the United States to broadcast “Home Front Series” offering to send listeners free copies of the KJV of the Bible or the “Book of Mormon" and family-value videos. They are given toll-free phone numbers to call for these. When they arrive, they come with two Mormon missionaries “attached,” wanting an appointment to talk to families. These radio and television commercials are professionally produced and designed to enhance the public image of the church. (For anyone who orders these free materials from the Home Front, the Mormon Church has a professionally organized follow-up program. In addition, after the missionary visits, the mission president’s office of the district follows up these proselytizing calls).

- In states with a high concentration of Mormon Churches, non-Mormon boys who want to participate in Boy Scout activities often must join the Mormon Church sponsored group. In these areas the Boy Scout troops become important recruiting prospects for the church. Because the Boy Scouts have a “God and Country” award for those performing their duties well, it connects Scouts with a religion, and thus Scout programs become also an important proselytizing and indoctrination tool for the church.

- Just as the United States Army has its military academy, and the United States Air Force has the Air Force academy, the Mormon Church has Brigham Young University for training its future leaders. There are at least 100,000 leadership positions for Mormon priesthood holders to assume, including bishops, stake presidents, mission, district and branch presidents and the General Authorities. What better way could be found to provide for the thousands of leaders for the Mormon Church than to give them a low cost education which not only ensures further indoctrination into church teachings and beliefs, but also provides students with a lifetime comfortable income? And ten percent of this income will be funneled back into the church to pay for continued proselytizing and expansion of the church, all controlled by a handful of men, the General authorities. And the Mormon Church hierarchy’s indoctrination program is having outstanding success, for according to a BYU survey of its students, 98 percent believe in Joseph Smith as a Prophet and 98 percent believe that the Mormon Church is divine, the “Only true Church on the face of the whole earth.” In addition, 88 percent would “place obedience to authority above your own personal preferences.”

These are only excerpts. There is a lot more interesting and sometimes scary information on the site I posted above. I don't know about everyone else, but I always thought the Mormons were a pretty scary lot!!

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
OO tsk tsk tsk, for shame, your deffinitly not thinking this through, yes the mormon church is a rather large cult, yet, you seem to be forgetting something, i take u back to the 18th century when catholic missionaries were in abundance maybe not as many as mormon missionaries today but that is also because of the smaller population size in the 18th century, the catholics, were sent to new lands such as Canada where they converted over half the population of natives to there religion, mormons have not even converted one quarter of the worlds population to there religion, also u may be reminded of the holy crusades where in the name of catholicism thousands were slaughtered and converted, i don't see local mormon missionaries going around stabbing everyone that they can't convert. I myself am an athiest, but do not put down religions, they all start the same way

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I know this is a new thread with new players, but for anyone who'd like to bounce off a little history, this had GOBS of very interesting info -

The Mormons: History, Doctrine, and a scary conspiracy
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still have a question about some of the symbols on their temple like the inverted pentagram and the sun-moon-star pillar as asked in the thread.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
THe mormans, sure have some nice churches. Really easy to get lots of money when you automatically withdraw it from thier accounts every week

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

also u may be reminded of the holy crusades where in the name of catholicism thousands were slaughtered and converted, i don't see local mormon missionaries going around stabbing everyone that they can't convert.

I understand all the disgusting things that have been done by the Cathoic church over the centuries. But, we aren't in the dark ages any longer, so of course the Mormons aren't going to go around stabbing people that decide not to follow them. Kind of a silly point you've made really.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well I am glad I live in the south now, and we have good Baptist church majority here and Jehovah witness are the only ones that visit house to house.

But I remember when I was in Virginia, I had mormons on my door everyday, and they were everywhere.

The best churches around here are the baptist, they are very impressive, back home Catholic churches are the most beautiful Spanish architectural building and most of the ones set in each town plaza are as old as the town itself, beautiful paintings inside.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I go to the mormons chruch and have them visit me daily and so far as I can tell there is no conspiracy with the mormon but I'll have my friends look over that link you gave out. as for the bank withdrawals I belive they use that money to keep there chruch up and running cause I don't see any of them with fancy cars,tv's etc. and if there with the cia/fbi why would they be so willing to help people out cause last time I checked the cia/fbi didn't care about helping people

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Personally, I'd be more worried about an evangelist conspiracy. to me they seem to be the ones really pushing a political agenda. My aunt is a converted mormon and my cousin went to be a mormon priest til they kicked him out

Never asked my aunt about em but I do have a video she gave us started watching it and was like yep whatever and threw it in the video case and all it has done is collect dust ever since.

(Personally I'm methodist, but don't put too much stock in religion)

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Personally, I'd be more worried about an evangelist conspiracy. to me they seem to be the ones really pushing a political agenda.

Born Again Christians do scare the BeJesus out of me!! The real hardcore ones!!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zabilgy
Born Again Christians do scare the BeJesus out of me!! The real hardcore ones!!

Do I scare you Zabilgy?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Do I scare you Zabilgy?

EEEEEEK! Are you a hardcore Born Again? And do you feel you must turn others into the same? If so, yes I find your kind scary. Explain why I must take Jesus as my savior? I personally believe he was a mortal prophet.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Don't most religions seek to actively convert the world?

One could say the same for Muslims...in fact, it is the whole purpose behind Jihad is worship Allah or die infidel (at least in the most general sense...many modern muslims have toned this down a bit, and it's just the militants calling for blood).

As for the videos and free Bibles...(nothing is free).

How many states really have a high concentration of Mormons? I'll agree that such things should kept out of Scouts, that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Do I scare you Zabilgy?

EEEEEEK! Are you a hardcore Born Again?

Ya. What is it you're afraid of?

And do you feel you must turn others into the same?

No. I try to help whenever wherever possible, but I cannot help someone who doesn't want it. Never would I want to turn someone into myself though. One of me is too much for even me to handle sometimes.

If so, yes I find your kind scary.

My kind? *does a body parts check. Yep, human* Are you telling me you're not human Zabilgy?

Explain why I must take Jesus as my savior?

You don't HAVE TO do anything. We're not robots or puppets. If you want to know why it'd be a truly excellent thing to do, I'd be honoured to help.

I personally believe he was a mortal prophet.

So you can agree that he had a lot of good things to say then, just the miracles and being the Son of God a problem?

[edit on 8-4-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

So you can agree that he had a lot of good things to say then, just the miracles and being the Son of God a problem?

I can certainly agree that he had a great deal of good things to say. Absolutely! Unfortunately, a lot of his words have been mis-translated and twisted to satisfy the agendas of all religions since his death, including Christianity, whatever type. Jesus did not believe in religion and neither do I!!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I heard that those folks in the Morman Tabernackle choir are Homosexuals!!! Not sure though

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I can certainly agree that he (Jesus) had a great deal of good things to say. Absolutely! Unfortunately, a lot of his words have been mis-translated and twisted to satisfy the agendas of all religions since his death, including Christianity, whatever type. Jesus did not believe in religion and neither do I!!

That is a big assumption to make that a LOT of his words have been mis-used to satisfy the angedas of all religions. What about non-jedeo-cristian ones? I assmue then you are jsut talking about Christian churches then.

Can you point out to me something he said that has been mistranslated? and how all the christian churches used it to satisfy thier agendas? Do you have any evidance of this to back up your statement?

Most churches I know use what is in the bible to live a God pleasing life. It is the bad and corrupt churches that use it just to make money and gain power. I am not with one of those churches, and you do not have to be either.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have known some Mormon families and they were all good hard working people who have a moral standard and a keen business mind too from what I have seen. I don't know what goes on within the church and dont care because it's none of my business and I have no interest in fitting in to their religion. I do know that a religion that promotes strong family values, a hard work ethic, and business sense will prosper. If you don't like their church then don't become a member, putting the Mormon church down because you don't understand why they are so popular and prosperious will only make you look like a fool.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The Morons are similar to other religions in the fact that they want to spread their word to the global masses. I am not one myself but but they seem very nice, and have never been robbed or heard of street gangs with Mormons or Mormons flying planes into buildings.. can't be all that bad really.

Let 'em get on with it I say. Just do as I do if you don't want to have to deal with biblebashing and leave a sign outside asking no door to door window/insurance/religious salesman.

Might I add that the creator of Battlestar Glactica was a Mormon (Glen Larson)
He also was involved in creating..
The Six Million Dollar Man (Executive Producer)
Quincy (Executive Producer)
The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries (Executive Producer)
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (Producer)
Magnum PI (Executive Producer)
The Fall Guy (Executive Producer)
Knight Rider (Executive Producer)

(OH GOD.... what is this unhealthy obsession with Knightrider!)

[edit on 8/4/05 by Klepto]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This thread has been covered before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I happen to be a Mormon, so I'll try to respond to these points.

Mormons in the FBI: I'm not sure of the numbers on this, but I have also heard that there is a disproportionately high percentage of them in the FBI/CIA, primarily because of language skills. The ones who served missions often learn 2nd languages, and often ones that are not commonly known in North America.

Boy Scouts: I personally don't like the idea of excluding kids from scouts just because they aren't Mormons. My local church has a scouting group, and a couple of kids that aren't Mormons, but they don't push the religion on them or anything, they just get treated like everyone else.

Missionaries: 60000 sounds about right, the last numbers I heard were something like 55-56000. Missionary service is optional, but strongly encouraged, especially for males. (I happen to be a 23 year old male who didn't go, though I have been Mormon since I was 5) I think that most Mormons would be ecstatic if everyone else was Mormon, but then, the Vatican would love it if we were all Catholic, too, so I'm not sure I see an issue with that.

Conspiracy: I don't believe there is one. Sure, we have missionaries trying to convert people, but they certainly aren't being clandestine about it. I don't really see a difference between Mormons trying to convert non-Mormons and any other group, religious or not, trying to recruit new members.

Tithing: Mormons are strongly encouraged to pay 10% of their income to the church. I've never heard of it being directly taken from their bank accounts, and I volunteer to take care of my ward's local financial records, so I'd know if this was happening.

_Uforia_: No, the Mormon tabernacle choir is not a bunch of homosexuals. I have no idea where you heard that. There might be a very few, but there are virtually no homosexuals in the Mormon church), probably because we view it as a sin. The church policy on homosexuals is that they are allowed to get baptized but they cannot practice homosexuality as a member.

I'd be happy to discuss Mormonism with anyone who has questions about it. I've read a lot of books and articles on it, both for and against it, and lots of Mormon history.

One last thing, some questions were raised about the percentage of Mormons in various states in the US. Here's a link that lists the top ten states percentagewise.
www.adherents.com...

Scroll down about halfway. Utah is (duh, surprise!) #1, and Idaho is 2nd, not much of a shocker either since there is a church-owned university there. (also one in Hawaii, #7 on list) I looked up the stats for where I live, we have 2.30% Mormons, which sounds about right, based on the size of my high school and the size of our seminary class.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join