It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman being Starved despite Living Will to the contrary...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the update Truth Ambassador.

Good to see someone stepped in on this one since the medical situation was no where near the questions around the Terri case. From what the Drs. said it almost appears the granddaughter was trying to take advantage of that to quicken this poor woman's demise when she was merely recuperating from her surgery. What a disgrace!

Though the situation does seem grave at this point due to the lack of food & water, I hope she makes the recovery.

Edit: I really think someone should be charged with attempted murder on this one, but the scary part is there were Drs. and Hospice involved who went along with the decision to just let her die.

[edit on 4/11/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Edit: I really think someone should be charged with attempted murder on this one, but the scary part is there were Drs. and Hospice involved who went along with the decision to just let her die.
[edit on 4/11/2005 by Relentless]

yeah that is a little creepy. Didn't think about it that way. I don't know how a decent person could follow orders to stop feeding a resonably healthy adult human.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well the lady was awake that is a sign that she was still aware of what was going on, I guess the motives of the granddaughter should be taken in question, she should not be her guardian now that it looks like her intentions was the demise of grandma.

I am glad that the judge had the lady seen by more doctors. Perhaps the lady have more years on her after all, my grandfather was 104 when he die three years ago.

And he was still fighting to the end even when it was nothing more for the doctors to do but send him home to die with the family.

It became to the point that he would not sleep and required somebody with him 24 hours a day.

Finally the family got all together and told him that it was time to let go, my grandfather was very stubborn in life and it was stubborn until his dying breath, he had issues that could not cope with and was afraid to die.

He would tell the family that he could see the havens reaching for him but he could not get to it.

My father brought the church members for a day of prayers in his room and finally he said that it was a white veil that was reaching for him, he finally fell asleep and died.

I think that people that live long lifes dying becomes a process.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join