It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Curse or Conspiracy causing the latest Grimaldi troubles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As Prince Ranier lay near death last Tuesday his daughter Princess Carolines husband Prince Ernst August of Hanover fell into a deep coma. There is a myth that a curse was put on the family that they would never have successful marriages and it looks like that curse may still be working. Princess Carolines mother Princess Grace died in a car accident and none of her children seem to have had good luck with relationships either.

www.smh.com.au
The husband of Princess Caroline of Monaco slipped into a coma on Tuesday, a few hours before the tiny Mediterranean state's sovereign ruler Prince Rainier died, palace sources said yesterday.

Prince Ernst August of Hanover was admitted to a Monaco hospital with pancreas pains on Monday and has been in a coma since Tuesday evening, the sources said.

"He's not dead but is in a deep coma," one source close to the Monaco palace said. The palace itself declined comment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While this is a tragic thing for Princess Caroline to have to deal with in addition to her fathers death I can only wonder if it is actually a curse working or a way to rid the principality of a Prince with an explosive temper who regularily makes tabloid headlines. There is a chance that Prince Albert who is to succed his father as ruler of Monaco may step down as he has no heirs to follow him. Princess Caroline would then be next in line as ruler of the small country with her children as her heirs. Is Prince Ernst a liability that must be dealt with quickly?

Related News Links:
today.reute rs.co.uk
www.heraldsun.news.com.au

[edit on 8-4-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
what's the details of this curse? who made it against the Royal family and why?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I searched thru pages of google but cannot find the origin of the curse. But each time the curse is referred to it states that it has hung over the family for the seven hundred years that they have ruled the country. It would be interesting to know if it is an old gypsy curse or perhaps a curse done in revenge by someone else.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is the only article I was able to find that mentioned the origins of the curse:

And while Prince Rainier had a life of unimaginable luxury, his life was blighted by tragedy and the legacy of a centuries-old curse appeared to haunt him and his family.

It is said a spell was put on the Grimaldi family that meant none of their marriages would survive. Some say the curse dates back to 1297 when the first Grimaldi, Francesco the Spiteful, tricked the principality's defenders by disguising himself as a monk, only to kill them.

Others suggest it was put on the family by a witch after she was raped by one of the Grimaldis. But, as His Serene Highness once put it: 'Royal scandal is as old as the notion of royalty itself. Check the history books.

The whole article is quite an interesting read about the royals and their history. It also mentions that a treaty signed with France in 1918 provides for Monacco to be returned to France if no heir is produced by the Grimaldi family - something I had never heard before.

B.

Link

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Bleys that was a great find -- you are better at searching than I am for sure.

The part about Monaco reverting to France if there is no heir is thought to be the reason that Prince Rainier changed it so a daughter could inherit the title as Princess Caroline had heirs already. I guess he assumed Prince Albert wasn't going to be having any children.

top topics

join