It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An earth like mars.

page: 1

join
share:
mrk

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yesterday amidst a boring gaze into thin air whilst waiting in traffic I wondered a few things, We are virtually 100% certain that at one point in the solar systems past that Mars was habitable but over the billions of years has evolved into its current state.

Now imagine if you will a Mars that is very much like Earth, and imagine lif eon Mars just like on earth, maybe not human in form but intelligent? quite possibly or most probably - after the extinction of surface life on mars the passing millions of years would have cause the surface to become covered by martian soil and the ruins would be buried deep beneath the surface right?

I just thought about what a astronaught would do or what NASA would do when they have manned Mars flights in the near future to dig under ground and find these ruins (if of course Mars was habited by intelligent life back then)

What if Mars was just like earth but the habitants then learned of the planets future and managed to move to another planet, a new planet, such as earth?

Just wondering!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I thought about that several years back , planet hopping, destroy one world and move to the next, i wonder if the asteroid belt was a planet at one point in time as well.......

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well, one has to assume there was intellegent life on mars, and then attempt to prove it by excivations first.

You don't find archelogy digs, or palentology digs by just roping off a section of earth and dig til you find something. You have to find evidance of it first, then create an expidition

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
We could have been from Mars.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazerLordz
We could have been from Mars.

or they are alines and they are living right under our doorsteps the whole time!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if there are 2 planets in a solar system each with intelligent life.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Actually it was probbaly venus if that happened.

Early in the solar system when the sun was smaller venus would have been very earth like and had the mass to sustain an atmosphere almost exactly like earth's.

About 800 million years go a massive tectonic event took place on venus and it formed a new, solid crust and the stmosphere thickened from all teh volcanic gases making it the hell hole we know now.

If i had to wager which other planet could have support life as we know it in the past, I'd bet venus before mars.

jra

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Excellent point Quest. Venus is usually referd to as Earth's 'twin sister'. The only problem I see with Venus being habbitable at one time, is it's slow rotation, but who knows, it may have spun faster many millions of years ago.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Excellent point Quest. Venus is usually referd to as Earth's 'twin sister'. The only problem I see with Venus being habbitable at one time, is it's slow rotation, but who knows, it may have spun faster many millions of years ago.

Yes. There was a temperature inversion in the venusian atmosphere, whereby there was an irreversible transition and it became a hellish "greenhouse".

I'm jsut wondering that a catastrophic event like this one can also happen on Earth. Small cumulative climate changes can eventually trigger a transition, and then who knows. That's why we need to ratify the Kyoto treaty!

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
i wonder if the asteroid belt was a planet at one point in time as well.......

There's evidence to support that. Mars and Jupiter are affected in ways that seem to indicate a planet located where the belt currently is, with a mass approximately the size of the sum of the belt object. All that means is maybe, though, nothing definitive.

As has been already stated, you don't just dig. You build a skyscraper and then get sued for building the foundation on a graveyard.

new topics

top topics

join