It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China leads world in executions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hello ATS. This is my first post.
China has been committing atrocities against people for years. Why is it that when America commits a human rights violation it gets far more press. I being fair minded believe America has sometimes done the wrong thing. However, if we do make mistakes our citizens hold our government accountable, and then the mistakes are corrected. A good example of this is the Iraq prison scandal. We put our solders on trial. In china, I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for committing such atrocities. Nor do I hear the outrage on the left. Opinions?

www.boston.com...

[edit on 8-4-2005 by christconserv]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I heard they charge your family for the bullet too, after the firing squad.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenWang

Isn't that terrible! I hope they can get a government in the future that values human life.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by christconserv

Originally posted by BenWang

Isn't that terrible! I hope they can get a government in the future that values human life.

Hello Christconserv;
BenWang's post- I think he ment it as a joke !

link- China and all those communist nations are understandable but what is suprising is that the USA is ranked no4 . !

Well atleast all the people in the US get to face a trail; In communist nations you are either with the state or against it - "Free speach! whats that??"

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
christconserv, welcome to ATS.

This is a very good subject to examine. Here is an article (an oldie but a goodie, 2001).
Illegal Human Organ Trade from Executed Prisoners in China

“Today, China stands alone in continuing the use of organs of executed prisoners for transplant surgery.”1 International organizations such as the World Medical Association and the World Health Organization regard the sale of human organs as inhumane and unethical. These organizations believe it is essential to address all concerns surrounding illicit organ trade and possibly invoke an international trade mandate to which all nations must adhere. Human rights organizations and numerous former Chinese citizens, like Harry Wu, assert that China uses human organs from executed prisoners to sell for substantial profit. The repercussions resulting from the lack of international laws regulating global human organ trade has caused a worldwide upheaval. Human rights issues encircling the illicit human organ trade as well as the effects of this trade in China and globally should be examined and analyzed.

Source

This just one reason executions in China are by firing squad, as a lethal injection would render all organs that can be transplanted, useless.

Sanc'.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hi IAF101. Free speech is truly our best defense against corrupt governments. I wonder what made America rank so high? Is it our death penalty?

[edited to remove general quote - nygdan]

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
thanks sanctum. Good info. Were is the outrage? Why is their no economic sancions? I can live without Walmart.

Sorry I can not type today.Fat fingers
great info.

[edited to remove general quote - nygdan]

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thankfully we in EU Europe have abolished the death penalty.

As far as I'm concerned it is barbaric and a crime to deliberately take another human life......with the exception of genuine self defence I don't care what 'reason' is given for it.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Chris the left have been complaining about it for some time....did you not notice the out cry after tiananmen square?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by christconserv
Why is it that when America commits a human rights violation it gets far more press.

Because America has a free press, whereas much of the rest of the world doesn't. It goes to show how important the third estate really is.

Do you suggest that the problem is that the american, perhaps 'liberal' media, is unfairly under-reporting these things?

For my own part, I suggest that, generally, the less regulations on the press, the better.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
That's because u living in america!
9 out of 10 reports from west media is baised and believe me i went to uk for 3 years and i think again then found out our media is almost done the same thing as well. (but not as much as u did)

right after seeing your post i searched a chinese website and here is an example which government officials been arrested coz of people account their crime.

news.163.com...
sorry i really tried of translating

news.163.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
news.163.com...

i need to point out another strange thing of your american is u think all the people living outside american and westerner countries is in dark age and hard life. in another words-stone age, is that make you happy and feel good?

the problem is how free the media can be in different country, and you also know the absolute free is not exits even in America. so i hope you can really point out how can (for example china) other country imporve their institution or law to alow more voice from the people to be heard but not just simply saying "they have no free speech" or something like that.
Thanks

Out.

top topics

join