It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals on Bomb Range stop Marine Training

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420

Originally posted by cargo
The illegals were also training for the marines. If they survive the bombing range they get a uniform, meals, and a tour in Iraq. After all that, they get a shot at citizenship.

washingtontimes.com...

[edit on 8-4-2005 by cargo]

Actually they are not illegal. They are Resident Aliens who came into the country legally and joined the military to get a head start in the American way of life or for some other reason. I should know because my brother is one of them.

I was actually half joking. But in reply to your own reply:

www.falangist.com...
www.theolympian.com...

There are more results if you google "Iraq illegal fake green card"

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I couldn't care less if illegals got bombed. I am sick and tired of them just "wondering" into my country.

D

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I couldn't care less if illegals got bombed. I am sick and tired of them just "wondering" into my country.

I think the word you're looking for is "wandering". Wondering has a completely different meaning.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Were the Pilgrims just "wandering" into your country back in 1800's?
What about Christopher Columbus?

All of them were Illegals if you will to the Native Americans.

This is not a stab at you AMM, just thought it was Ironic.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 03:06 AM
link   
dr H
Murder is illegal in America - fact. If you kill people, you are a murderer, except in cases of self defense - fact. Advocating the murder of people, either by hateful rhetoric that incites violence or a direct call to action, is also illegal - fact.

See, the Mexicans and South/Central Americans crossing the border aren't the only ones committing illegal acts - you're in the same bracket, and are encouraging others to join you in that lonely place. If you think murder is appropriate for crimes such as trespass, what does a fighter pilot deserve for his criminal negligence - death by a thousand cuts?

As to the problem at hand, illegals wandering on the bombing range, I think posted signs and properly maintained fences would limit some of the traffic. The rest is a fact of life unless they close and militarize the borders, which I don't see happening. If they open the borders up completely, illegals would have no reason to trek through the wasteland, so that would solve the problem nicely.

Marg
Correct me if I'm wrong here... Spanish is a little different in various countries. At least, it's spoken differently, even to the point of conjugating some verbs differently. It's interchangeable for the most part, I think, but Mexicans have developed regional differences, mostly in the form of a more 'casual' dialect. Even different regions in Mexico speak a different 'version' of the same language. There's some phrases spoken in Mexico that don't make much sense to people born and raised in Madrid, and of course, little, simple differences like 'Que te pasa?' vs. 'Que paso?' Am I right? (My Spanish is very rusty, ever since I left L.A. and moved to MA I haven't used it once, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

AMM
It's not your country, it's our country. You're making the rest of us look bad. Once again, the fringe rears up and engages in threat displays like a small, innocuous desert lizard, full of hot air and venom, all puffed-up chest and flapping frills, but lacking in the length of fang or strength of claw necessary to fight.

Kill all the people you want if you're crazy enough to pull the trigger and murder those who have never threatened you, but don't expect your fellow Americans to sanction or subsidize your bloodlust - it aint happenin', not in this lifetime.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   

It's not your country, it's our country. You're making the rest of us look bad.

The whole idea of the Minuteman project equaling “uneducated, redneck, violence seeking, vigilantes” was played out by April 2nd IMO.

It's not your country, it's our country. You're making the rest of us look bad.

It’s not all your country either. It’s my country as well. While I would never condone the killing/murder of people just trying to better themselves, I don’t want a “come one come all, we don’t care about your past” type of border policy. I for one completely support the “idea” of the Minuteman project.

Once again, the fringe rears up and engages in threat displays like a small, innocuous desert lizard, full of hot air and venom, all puffed-up chest and flapping frills, but lacking in the length of fang or strength of claw necessary to fight.

I assume you are speaking of the Minutemen. As long as these people follow their mission statement of simply alerting the boarder patrol as to the presence of illegals and are bringing the needed attention to the absolutely out of control border issue then I will CONTINUE to FULLY SUPPORT them.

Kill all the people you want if you're crazy enough to pull the trigger and murder those who have never threatened you, but don't expect your fellow Americans to sanction or subsidize your bloodlust - it aint happenin', not in this lifetime.

Like I said I do not in any way condone the killing of innocent people just trying to enter this country to better themselves.

As far as the open boarder policy that a large group in the U.S. seem to be advocating, well, like you said, it ain’t gonna happen; not in this lifetime. Your fellow Americans will not stand for it!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
Dr Ho. has a problem with Mexicans or Latin American people that’s why he keeps posting these posts. Something is seriously wrong with him. Maybe one of them was banging his chick or something. Or maybe he is just a racist A$$ that likes to troll. Personally I am tired of reading his hate.

First of all my Grandmother IS Mexican and a "legal" immigrant so get a life 024death dude. I grow tired of such pathetic whining. I am posting these articles because it is a PROBLEM with our security.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
dr H
Murder is illegal in America - fact. If you kill people, you are a murderer, except in cases of self defense - fact. Advocating the murder of people, either by hateful rhetoric that incites violence or a direct call to action, is also illegal - fact.

AMM
It's not your country, it's our country. You're making the rest of us look bad. Once again, the fringe rears up and engages in threat displays like a small, innocuous desert lizard, full of hot air and venom, all puffed-up chest and flapping frills, but lacking in the length of fang or strength of claw necessary to fight.

Again a "perfect" is in judgement on a subject they know little about. For the last time, I am not advocating the death or murder of anyone. Its very, very, simple, don't cross illegally and don't get bombed.

Its more like, don't wander into traffic then blame the drivers for hitting you.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by D

I think the word you're looking for is "wandering". Wondering has a completely different meaning.

The reason the quotes were used is I thought I read someone use it in the way you think I am using it.

Quotes for a reason my friend

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Again a "perfect" is in judgement on a subject they know little about. For the last time, I am not advocating the death or murder of anyone. Its very, very, simple, don't cross illegally and don't get bombed.

Its more like, don't wander into traffic then blame the drivers for hitting you.

Hmm, going by one of your previous posts in this thread, you imply that its OK to kill illegals.

After some quiet reflection on this possibly explosive subject I think the jarhead should start napalm practice in the area. Just to give the illegals so light at night so they don't get lost.........

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Illegal immigrints wondering onto a bombing range..hummmm, i see a chance here for live practice.

sorry people, but if these ILLEGAL immigrants are stupid enough to wonder onto a LIVE bombing range well...can't blame anyone but themselves and their government if they get killed.

wasn't it fox that was handing out instuctions on how to cross the border succesfully? blame him!

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Correct me if I'm wrong here... Spanish is a little different in various countries. At least, it's spoken differently, even to the point of conjugating some verbs differently. It's interchangeable for the most part, I think, but Mexicans have developed regional differences, mostly in the form of a more 'casual' dialect. Even different regions in Mexico speak a different 'version' of the same language. There's some phrases spoken in Mexico that don't make much sense to people born and raised in Madrid, and of course, little, simple differences like 'Que te pasa?' vs. 'Que paso?' Am I right? (My Spanish is very rusty, ever since I left L.A. and moved to MA I haven't used it once, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

There are at least 2 main Spanish Dialects (there could be more i am unsure). One is spoken in Mexico, the other in Spain. The Spanish spoken in Spain is more "formal" and has a few words that aren't used in Mexican Spanish (ie- Vosotros and Nosotros - a formal way to say "you all" and "we all" sort of. My Spanish is a little rusty as well, but i had the Mexico vs Spain dialect thing drilled into my by my old Spanish teacher
)

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am a Spanish teacher, and Spanish "dialects" that most speak here is due to the native language mix with the Spanish of the conquistadors, even in Mexico people from different areas have different meanings for local things.

But when you study Spanish in schools the Spanish you learn is the one of the mother land.

Here in the US you have "American spoken English" and as you can see is not the perfect English of the mother land.

As you traveled around the US English is spoken with different accent around the states.

My Island in the Caribbean PR have to deal with "Spanglish" due to the influence of English we have substitute Spanish words for a mix of Spanish and English to blend into new words.

Example, parking, alinearse, parquearse is the final product of English influence.

Yes in college we have to study "Commercial Spanish" to learn how our Spanish has been tampered with English influences.

Just like here in the areas of Mexican influences their Spanish has been mix with English to form new words.

Example Truck, carro, Truca is the final mix word.

Well I hope the littler lesson explain how we have starting to see a new language in the workings.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong here... Spanish is a little different in various countries. At least, it's spoken differently, even to the point of conjugating some verbs differently. It's interchangeable for the most part, I think, but Mexicans have developed regional differences, mostly in the form of a more 'casual' dialect. Even different regions in Mexico speak a different 'version' of the same language. There's some phrases spoken in Mexico that don't make much sense to people born and raised in Madrid, and of course, little, simple differences like 'Que te pasa?' vs. 'Que paso?' Am I right?

Spanish can be quite different depending on where the person you are speaking to comes from.
The dialect they teach in schools, at least around where I live, is castellano-The official dialect of Spain. There are a few others spoken in Spain as well-Catalan, Galician and Basque, in fact each country speaks a different dialect. I studied castellano Spanish for 5 years in school and was quite surprised how almost worthless it was when I entered the real world. You get funny looks when trying to speak to a Bolivian or Mexican. From my experiences, many Central and South American Spanish cultures look down on the Mexicans and how they speak spanish. The ones I have spoken to see it similar to how many Americans view "Ebonics". Many latinos from places like Bolivia speak second languages usually the indigenous Indian language, which has a huge influence on how they speak spanish.

I had a friend who lived in Ecuador for several years and spoke spanish fluently, when he moved back to the U.S. he took spanish in school thinking I would be an easy class. Wrong, he ended up almost failing due to the differences between what is taught in school and what he learned down there.

[edit on 9/4/05 by Skibum]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
He's just tired of letting the rest of the world get a free ride on his back like the rest of us. Who cares about the citizens of Mexico, we could live without them no problem, the whole planet could. What I do care about is them invading and destroying our hospitals and schools by using our tax money to pay for their lack of insurance, etc.

well being hispanic and knowing how it is to come here and run into people with no sense or no facts i shall state a fact or 2. most of us who work pay taxes right. so then those taxes pay for alot of stuff. at the end of the year we might get some of what we paid in taxes back or all of it. but the poor immigrant bastards who work hard at alot of jobs regular americans dont want to do they pay taxes too belive it or not not all of them but the majority and from some figures i saw i think the contribution was 10 billion in taxes but then again immigrants out of that 2 or 3 billion was used for welfare services now if i was to look at the ratio there 10 billion vs 3 billion back is not bad at all and those numbers are just for one state which if i remember is california. but i do feel theres a concern to be had with terrorist crossing tru our borders and doing horrible things. so if they cant cross tru the border they will just take a plane and "crash it" somewhere yeah thats what happened well thats another subject.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
As far as the open boarder policy that a large group in the U.S. seem to be advocating, well, like you said, it ain’t gonna happen; not in this lifetime. Your fellow Americans will not stand for it!

Please let me make this point clear. I have worked around MANY illegals when I was younger. I used to install computer systems, and worked w/ many Mexicans that set up the furniture etc. for the places I worked.

The people that I was exposed to were hard working stand up people.

(side note) I used to work w/ very expensive equipment and at no time did any of my tools come up missing.

I still want ILLEGALS documented though!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Ruins]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
No ... people have land here in america ... What if someone came to your house and just came in ... would you be so laxidazical ???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join