It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oct. Report Said Defeated Hussein Would Be Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Isnt that enough for an impeachment/trial on treason ?

Last fall, the administration repeatedly warned in public of the danger that an unprovoked Iraqi President Saddam Hussein might give chemical or biological weapons to terrorists.

"Iraq could decide on any given day to provide a biological or chemical weapon to a terrorist group or individual terrorists," President Bush said in Cincinnati on Oct. 7. "Alliance with terrorists could allow the Iraqi regime to attack America without leaving any fingerprints."

But declassified portions of a still-secret National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) released Friday by the White House show that at the time of the president's speech the U.S. intelligence community judged that possibility to be unlikely. In fact, the NIE, which began circulating Oct. 2, shows the intelligence services were much more worried that Hussein might give weapons to al Qaeda terrorists if he were facing death or capture and his government was collapsing after a military attack by the United States.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Are you saying that Bush might have unknowingly caused the war on terror to continue and even escalate with his actions. I think that's preposterous....I mean its not like his close friends and family profit by having a never ending war. Or friends, family and financial supporters hold high positions at the DOD, Carlyle Group, Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics. Companies who have seen billions of dollars in new contracts couldn't possibly want horrible war to continue. I mean...those are AMERICANS dying out there!!!
These companies and financial groups were actually getting ready to change into car manufacturers and toy shops...they just gave Bushie 70 million dollars towards his re-election becuase it was there moral duty.
Dont you liberals, commies and nay-sayers understand anything. Why can't a political contribution be just a political contribution as Freud would say. I have even heard that these companies were going to give back all the new money they were getting and be supporting our troops from their own financial reserves because ITS THE AMERICAN THING TO DO!

Land of the free...Land of the free...

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
at the time of the president's speech the U.S. intelligence community judged that possibility to be unlikely.

"Unlikely"?
Who gives a crap about "Unlikely"?
"Unlikely" still means "Possible".

Show me a report that says it wasn't "Possible" and then I'll start whining.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Leveller

It was up to weapons inspections teams present at the time to show that. The unilateral and illegal aggression pre-empted any possibility of that resolution. But this discussion gets very circular and banal when you start talking about 'where are the WMDs'. Count the number of US Officers who have publicly stated they have given up the ghost, and look at the 7.5 mile paper trails that will take 'six months' to analyze as the latest instalment in Bush administration obfuscation tactics.

I am afraid that Voice_of Doom is absolutely correct in his assessment. Although there will be at least a couple of Bush sycophants taking him literally.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I love the word sycophant...its almost makes a slurping sucking sound when you say it...I think that somes up most bush supporters I know...

top topics

join