It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points In BTS ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Ive been pretty fumed lately as alot of my posts are gettin dumped in BTS. I was under the impression that we dont receive points there. Is it the same system?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Let me see what I can find out about this. I'm a new mod and still learning, but I'll look into this for you

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
From this thread it is my understanding that there are no points to be gained from BTS.

Posts on BelowTopSecret.com do not earn ATS Points.

however, I do remember someone mentioning this before, I can't remember exactly what was in the thread but I think a low amount of points can be gained from BTS.

Not sure though, sorry

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I just posted in BTS and noticed I got 2 points for a reply. I now believe that you do get points in BTS but the official thread hasn't been updated to reflect that.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I just posted over there and got 1 point -- worldwatcher I think you might have picked up and extra point because I posted in your thread and it may have coincided. I know they want people to post more over they -- maybe if they up the points people will not hesitate. There is a lot of good stuff over there also and it is a shame that people don't put more there.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yep you do get points in BTS but they are much fewer than ATS.

Maybe if they up the points people will not hesitate

Posting should not really be about points but just a little perk.

Ive been pretty fumed lately as alot of my posts are getting dumped in BTS

As have already explained to you via u2u, The thread you made was better suited to BTS.
The forums have a description of what content goes in them; your thread fitted with the BTS Faith and religion,

A better solution would be to read the forum description alittle more careful before placing it with in a certain forum,

Asala

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

A better solution would be to read the forum description alittle more careful before placing it with in a certain forum,

Im not that worried about the thread. Im irratated, sure, but not concerned. My main concern was with points. I wasnt aware that there are points in BTS. I like my points, sorry. I know alot of people dont care, but I do. I just thought for the longest time that you didnt.

I would have u2u'd you again, but I hate that thing. Its slllloooowwww...
Anyrate, Im closing in on 10k. You understand, no?

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

Anyrate, Im closing in on 10k. You understand, no?

I play this cool game, where I try to keep mine around 10 k.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How do you have 5000 posts, and only 10k? Two word posts? lol. Im a pack rat, and I want my points! I dont know why .

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

How do you have 5000 posts, and only 10k? Two word posts? lol. Im a pack rat, and I want my points! I dont know why .

I spend them, and I post alot in the BTS.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wonder about the motivation behind points...

And cobra probably just spends them on upload quota increases and U2U inbox expansion, right cobra?

And if you want them, but don't know why, you should examine the reasons.

It seems very strange to me when I observe covetous behaviour in a digital non-environment. There's simply nothing to gain.

To each his own however.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Oh theres little doubt that I am sick in the head (just a tad). But honestly, I love those points. Adds some credibility , I think. Maybe a mod will throw me 1000 point bonus.
... sighs and waits...Christmas is only 8 more months away !

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I wonder about the motivation behind points...
spends them on upload quota .

Mainly, I still can only get 50 U2U's I just get rid of them when its gets close, keep ones that I might need(if you know wha I mean).

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
But again remember its the quality of the posts that count, And remember there are applause’s from Staff worth 250 points, If you concentrate more on quality posting your sure to get move points by doing so,

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

. Maybe a mod will throw me 1000 point bonus.
... sighs and waits...Christmas is only 8 more months away !

Like Asala, said, applause is a nice gift and you don't have to wait until Christmas!

I think you are more likely to get applause when you post about things you know a lot about or feel passionate (yet realistic) about.
When I got my first applause...well, it was waaay better than accumulating the points by posting. Kind of a wamr and fuzzy feeling.
Good luck

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ive gotten them in the past. Its really not a big deal. I was just more surprised to learn the posts in BTS garner them. I really didnt think they did. But I have noticed that posts do get dumped really quick into there. That is a tad annoying. If people are replying and the post is going along nicely, why mess with it? Its discouraging.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Justme said
Maybe if they up the points people will not hesitate

Asala said
Posting should not really be about points but just a little perk.

Hope I cut that quote down right --

As you may see I post as much in BTS as ATS. I've been here over a year with not a lot of points so points aren't my main concern --- but I have to say I do love to see that number go up. I was just saying that maybe a lot of people do stay away from BTS because they want points. I will probably be here for years and years before hitting even 50,000 points

edited to add -- I think what is annoying is when as spliff says a post is going along nicely and then gets moved to BTS it seems to die out because most people don't even go over there at all because they don't think they get points.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Spliff,

Somewhere the soul of BF Skinner is beaming over that statement. ATS is a monument to Skinnerian behaviorism.

In operant conditioning appetitive and aversive events produce different patterns of earning. One can distinguish between four different consequences of responding in operant conditioning:

Positive reinforcement: a positive or appetitive event is contingent on responding - e.g., responding might lead to being fed.

Negative reinforcement: cessation of negative or aversive events is contingent on responding - e.g., responding might cause a series of shocks to stop.

Punishment: a negative or aversive event is contingent on responding - e.g., moving off a platform might lead to shock.

Negative punishment: the cessation of positive events is contingent on responding - e.g., moving into the centre of a test box may cause pleasant brain stimulation to be halted.

www.brembs.net...

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I am breaking the skinner cycle by keeping mine around 10k, at first I taught you may be bashing me covertly. But you where talking about the end of the quote.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thats why i have very little points.. at the moment non lol.

I mainly post on BTS i find ATS gets a little repetative after a while and not entirley in my taste.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join