It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaldeans are the Chosen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Who are the people of God? Jews? Muslims? Christians? I find it that if you were to believe in the bible and Genesis and Koran that there the true chosen people of God come from Babylon. They are the Chaldeans. Chaldeans have a long, rich heritage which began in an area of the world which many believe to have been the biblical Garden of Eden. Some even know that our language (Aramaic/Chaldean) was that spoken by Jesus Christ, the Apostles, and the people of those times. Not many people, however, realize what an important LINK the Chaldeans provide to three major religions of the world.

Many people may remember reading that Abraham mentioned frequently in the Bible - and estimated to have been living circa 1,850 B.C. - is a descendant of Chaldeans. He was from Ur of the Chaldees - the City of the Chaldeans. (He was the son of Terah, a dweller of Ur of the Chaldees.)

Based on several years of personal research, I have come to the conclusion that the Chaldeans - thru Abraham - have a historical LINK to the three (3) major religions of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam -- the religions practiced by the Christians, Jews, and Moslems.

Let's review these historical Chaldean connections:

By his wife, Sarah, Abraham had a son - Isaac. Isaac was followed by his son, Jacob, who wondered to Hebron and changed his name to Israel.
Jacob had 12 sons, which led to the formation of the 12 Tribes of Israel. He gave each of them their own land to rule over.
From one of the Tribes - Levi (Jacob's third son) - came Moses who was adopted by Pharaoh's daughter. Moses led the Jews' flight from Egypt about 1230 B.C. He is recognized as the great leader and lawgiver of Hebrews and father of Judaism.
From the Tribe of Judah, (Jacob's fourth son) came David - who slew Goliath - and eventually (more than 1000 years after Moses) came Jesus Christ - and Christianity. (Memo: Christians were first so-called in 43 A.D. in Antioch, Syria.)
Not as well known is that by his Egyptian hand maiden - Hagar - Abraham had another son - Ishmael. According to the Koran, Ishmael went to Mecca and his descendants were desert tribes.
Ishmael's son was Kedar (Qaidar), who is said to be the founder of the Arab Tribe.
The most famous descendant was Mohammed - who was born in 570 A.D. - and died in 632 A.D. Mohammed was the founder of Islam - the religion practiced by the Moslems worldwide.

Now I'm not saying this is the absolute truth. Anyone with opposing viewpoints, I encourage there thoughts and opinions on this. I'll state currently that my viewpoints are encouraged through bias/pride for I'm Chaldean. And most people who currently claim to be Chaldean are Catholic.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
About circumcision: According to Gen 17, circumcision is the "sign and seal" of God's covenant to Abraham (that his descendants will be kings of nations- Chosen). It even says that those who do not circumcise have broken the covenant.
Who knows? Perhaps some kings are yet to come...

[edit on 8-4-2005 by babloyi]

[edit on 8-4-2005 by babloyi]

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It has always seemed to me, that for God to choose any people over another, is to set up a pattern of pride, jealousy and inevitable disaster.
I have always wondered why a God that is supposed to care and love "HIS" people, would pit mankind against each other in this way.

Imagine you are a child with two brothers/sisters. Imagine further that your parents tell you that no matter what, the other brother is "chosen"?
That is to say that your parents are more concerned with his welfare than yours.

What psychological and emotional pain that would cause you?
How would the pain and hurt damage you and your attitude toward the "Chosen" one play out as the years go by.
That has always seemed a cruel thing to me. God is responsible for that. Not the children.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well god says Babylon shall come back one day, and people believe that modern day Babylon is America and now most Chaldeans live in Detroit, LA, Chicago or San Diego, so maybe one us will rule in the end times? Maybe it is our destiny?

I'm chaldean btw.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I always assumed that anyone could become "God's Chosen". The Covenant wasn't only to his bloodline, but to the followers of his bloodline as well.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have a cicumcision yet have not been baptised.

Does that mean I could be the one?

- Nazgarn

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
no, abraham's lineage were the chosen. which means they were the chosen vessel to evangelize God to mankind. anyone could join the nation and follow the hebrew laws, but were not considered full citizens until 3 generations later.

abraham was a nomad, so although he was called in the area of the chaldeans, by no means was he a chaldean, and certanly the chaldeans are not the chosen anyway, only abrahams seedline. (of course after christ this was expanded the whole world).

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
As the Bible plainly states who are the chosen, and as we know Abraham was a Jew, and we know Jesus was a Jew, and we know that it is Jesus who connects Judaism and Christianity together, and since the Jews clearly fit the description of the Biblical Jews (nothing to do with physical looks), what's this point?

Why is this in conspiracies? You are claiming that the Chaldeans are the Jews, but where is the conspiracy?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
BabylontheGreat, interesting post.

At the time Abraham lived, there was no Judaism, no Christianity, no Islam, so none of these religions can really claim Abraham to be one of them.
One can only say that Abraham was monotheist, a believer in one God, and his belief was then expanded later through prophets that came after him.
"Hebrews" got chosen by God when they were in Egypt, long after Abraham lived.

Two questions I have and I would like to hear your take on this:

Every time someone talks about "chosen" people, I think to myself "chosen for what exactly?". What is your opinion on this?

Question two: are only those who are related by blood to Chaldeans chosen ones, or are maybe all followers of abrahamic religions chosen too?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Actually, I'm afraid your initial statement falls into a lot of trouble

Originally posted by BabylontheGreatMany people may remember reading that Abraham mentioned frequently in the Bible - and estimated to have been living circa 1,850 B.C. - is a descendant of Chaldeans.

Actually, no, he isn't.

The Chaldeans were the Babylonian rebels who threw off the rulership of Nineveh about 600 BC.
www.wsu.edu:8080...

By your timeline, Abraham was living 1200 years BEFORE this nation called the Chaldeans came together.

He was from Ur of the Chaldees - the City of the Chaldeans. (He was the son of Terah, a dweller of Ur of the Chaldees.)

"Chaldees" is a mistranslation of Kasdim; the Old Testament name for the Babylonians. There was a tribe named the Chaldees, who lived along the Persian Gulf, but they didn't become part of the Babylonian empire untill the time of Hezekiah (700 BC or so)
www.christiananswers.net...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
As far as 'chosen'. There are some who think that the realyl ancient forms of judaism weren't actually monotheistic, but rather henotheistic. Usually this has the 'main god' as the god of the nation/tribe. So being the 'chosen ones' of yahweh, means worship yahweh and 'none of the other gods' and yahweh will take care of you; promise you a land of milk and honey, smite your enemies, and the like.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
To answer my question as it was not answered by others - no; there is no conspiracy.
Another thread moved to the proper forum.

*sigh*
Please, people, I'd like to eat my midnight dinner in peace.

new topics

top topics

join